Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Discounts

Do you ever ask for em?

Do you ever give em?

Or

Are you like me and think it's a bit tacky and thinks people shouldn't ask because refusal often offends?

Comments

• Options
    Yes, if the ticket office telephone to ask why I haven't renewed I'm going to ask if they'll knock the VAT off for cash.
  • Options
    I regularly ask and regularly get and regularly give if the circumstances justify .. cliché time (altogether now) .. 'You don't get what you deserve, you get what you can negotiate' .. ((:>)
  • Options
    I do it with my butlins breaks, that's how j afford so many, I call them up and haggle them down, never pay anywhere near brochure price.
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    I have done in the past, not sure why I don't try it more often.

When I bought my PS4 I got £1000 worth of gear for £500.
    by gear I mean games and accessories, not heroin... that would have killed me.
  • Options
    I enjoy it, especially in countries where its expected. My Missus hates it and when we were in Hong Kong, she spotted a top she fancied so I told her if she bartered she could have it. She offered $1 under the asking price about 14p at the time, the Chinese lady fell about laughing......
  • Options
    edited April 2016

I do it with my butlins breaks, that's how j afford so many, I call them up and haggle them down, never pay anywhere near brochure price.

Out of interest @sadiejane1981, how much do you usually pay/get them to knock off?

Thinking of taking our two in September time.
  • Options
    T.C.E said:

I enjoy it, especially in countries where its expected. My Missus hates it and when we were in Hong Kong, she spotted a top she fancied so I told her if she bartered she could have it. She offered $1 under the asking price about 14p at the time, the Chinese lady fell about laughing......

This story made more sense when I realised you meant HK$ not US$.
  • Options
    got my Sky TV down from £65 to £39 by suggesting that I would go to BT.
  • Options
    Depends what it is. If it's a brass and she not particularly up to much, then yes I think you should ask for a discount.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    It's times like this that I ask myself this question - "what would Shay Given do?"