Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CACT wins community club of the year 2016

Get in!

Richly deserved

Comments

• Options
    Superb
  • Options
    Fantastic news
  • Options
    No doubt katrien and roly will take the plaudits for this!
  • Options
    Congratulations to the trust - sadly, expecting KM and RD to try to take all the credit for this.

Wasn't it Peter Varney who spun the trust off from the club in the first place?
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    sammy391 said:

Of course. I know she did the Upbeats walk last year but only to try and be the star of the show because it's clear she doesn't give a flying toss about the Upbeats and nor does Roland. Like every fan I am proud of the Upbeats and have so much admiration for them.
  • Options
    Whilst I have a lot of respect for CACT, this is just a touch ironic, isn't it, given that the "community" of fans is revolting?
  • Options
    And congratulations Ademola on his award.
  • Options

Whilst I have a lot of respect for CACT, this is just a touch ironic, isn't it, given that the "community" of fans is revolting?

It's a funny thing all round because I imagine the award's been given in large part for their work with local councils, who - just like RD and KM - also falsely imagine they represent the community. Expecting Greenwich Council to be muscling in on this as well...

Fantastic achievement for the trust, though.
  • Options
    How long before Cajones is on the blower to Roland taking the credit for the Trust work and Meire is on the other line telling him it was her who spotted Ademola playing park football and coached him to the standard he is now.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It's all about the community work.

Katrien and Tony were the first to congratulate Jason Morgan on the award
  • Options
    Of course they were.
  • Options
    They were. They aren't the all evil entities people make them out to be
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

Actions always prove why words mean nothing...
  • Options
    sammy391 said:

As well always knew, they just dont do failure
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

It's all about the community work.

It's a great achievement and well done CACT but your statement is fundamentally not true is it. It's part of Charlton Athletic and it's one successful part, the rest of it is a shambles and a disgrace and no community award can hide that fact. I'm sure the management team are quite aware of your support for them and appreciate it.
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

Not evil. Just arrogant, ignorant, incompetent, bullying and rude. Allegedly.
  • Options
    My statement is 100% accurate.

This award was won by CACT.

Let's not turn this shining light into yet more anti-Roland / Katrien propaganda.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

So yes of course they aren't Dr Evil reincarnated but surely you can see why they aren't the flavour of the month amongst Charlton fans , they are not doing any good for our club currently and have been an integral part of why we are a complete footballing laughing stock.
    I completely agree. They al know there have been mistakes but a lot of what they've done - that isn't noticed - isn't bad.

They definitely aren't perfect but until someone stumps up the cash and is prepared to cover our losses then they are our only option so we need to polish the turd.
  • Options
    edited April 2016

What have they done that isn't bad that that hasn't been noticed?
  • Options
    edited April 2016

At least we agree that Meire is a turd. Apologies to CACT for going off topic.
  • Options
    Well done to CACT.

• Options
    Congratulations to all involved. I was speaking to couple of Gillingham FC community officers tonight and they said Charlton were years ahead of them and had nothing but good words to say about them so clearly have the respect of their peers. Great stuff. Please keep up the great work you do.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

Congratulations to all involved. I was speaking to couple of Gillingham FC community officers tonight and they said Charlton were years ahead of them and had nothing but good words to say about them so clearly have the respect of their peers. Great stuff. Please keep up the great work you do.

They all in fact work quite closely together. They get together, share ideas and are, unsurprisingly, all friendly

• Options
    CACT has been known to run activities in Medway badged as Gillingham in the past, because Gillingham didn't have the resource to do it.
  • Options

CACT has been known to run activities in Medway badged as Gillingham in the past, because Gillingham didn't have the resource to do it.

According to Penfold, whilst nicking fans by putting them on a coach to The Valley.