Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Congratulations Ademola Lookman

Comments

• Options
    It doesn't really matter how much the club gets for Ademola as the club won't see much of the money, perhaps 1.5%?
  • Options

Daily Mail "reporting" he is on his way, but they do call him Andre!!

Everton confident of signing Charlton teenager Ademola Lookman ahead of Chelsea, Arsenal and Manchester City
    Andre Lookman has been watched by many of the country's top clubs

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3986880/Everton-confident-signing-Charlton-teenager-Ademola-Lookman-ahead-Chelsea-Arsenal-Manchester-City.html#ixzz4RaHyHYxN

Whats he doing with his left hand??

• Options
    Nothing to worry about here. After all Ms Meire has said he won't be sold in the transfer window, and we can always trust her, can't we.
  • Options
    Congratulations to Ademole Lookman on the big pay rise and bonus you will be getting in January. Just remember its grim up north
  • Options
    If we sell him in January make sure we get him loaned back.Reinvest some, if not all of the fee in the window and try to push for promotion; thats if we are in contention. Makes sense to me; but i will not hold my breath.
  • Options
    There's too many young players moving on after only half a dozen games these days and some you dont hear of again. Anyone watch kasey Palmer the other night. He was rubbish.
  • Options
    It's inevitable unfortunatly. There hasn't, in my lifetime, been an owner that would be able to resist cashing in on someone like Lookman.

He really has so much potential and given the right coaching could be something truly special
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I don't think it makes sense to sell him in January, get a bidding war going in the summer when more clubs are buying and get the price up.
  • Options
    Katrien "Lookman will not be sold in January"
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Swisdom said:

It's inevitable unfortunatly. There hasn't, in my lifetime, been an owner that would be able to resist cashing in on someone like Lookman.

He really has so much potential and given the right coaching could be something truly special

Difference is with our current owner it's an aim, no longer something that naturally happens by being a well run club.

Gomez in 2015, Cousins, Harriott and THD in 2016, Lookman 2017, Konsa perhaps in 2018. No doubt seen as successes of our academy by the current ownership. Parker left in 2004 but the success was finishing 7th in the Prem rather than receiving £10m for an academy player.
    Let's be honest though, Gomez and Cousins were far too good for the league we were in. Now whether or not we got enough for them is another issue, but we were never likely to keep them under any owner given the league we were in.
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:

Katrien "Lookman will not be sold in January"

31st December
  • Options
    To be fair plenty of here said he was gone in August and that was proved wrong so perhaps there is some chance he'll stay
  • Options
    Quite surprised, looks like the January transfer window opens at midnight on Sunday 1 January and closes at midnight 31 January.

Difficult to argue any player sold is not sold in January.

Cue more 'oh you can't stand in the way of a player when he wants to move, no intention of selling but the undisclosed offer was just too good' etc

Hope to be proved wrong of course.
  • Options

Has been picked by the England Squad for the U20 World Cup in South Korea...

Went to a school reunion on Saturday night and met a classmate called Doug Henderson.....who I found out is Dean Henderson's dad!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Has been picked by the England Squad for the U20 World Cup in South Korea...

That must be the most middle class England team ever.
  • Options
    Not sure if he's injured or not but if not, how can Everton's Tom Davies not get in that U20 squad?!
  • Options
    edited May 2017

Not sure if he's injured or not but if not, how can Everton's Tom Davies not get in that U20 squad?!

England have been ordered not to select him for either the U20s or U21s ahead of their Euros this summer - The boy needs the rest according to Everton and Koeman

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/apr/07/everton-tom-davies-england-u19-tournament
  • Options
    I dont understand lately Everton have been playing Calvert-Lewis and not Lookman, dont really rate CL and i am suprised he has been getting ahead of Mirellas
  • Options
    My favourite thing about this video is how Lukaku is clearly furious that Valencia gets a do-over for his first shot. It's a bloody deodorant advert Romelu, calm your tits!
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

Ademola looked petrified before the start of that!

Really impressed with Lukaku's finishing there (as you'd expect) the power he generates with his main left foot is amazing.
    Is his main left foot stronger than his weaker left foot? ;-)

Romelu is a serious talent. He's got the lot and could be a world beater. I dread to think how prolific he'd be in Spain at one of the big teams there
    I meant that his left foot was his "best foot" as otherwise it might look that he was generating incredible power with his "wrong" foot :smile:

He really stood out in that video, whereas Valencia looked a bit rubbish, with a terrible first touch!
  • Options
    se9addick said:

I dont understand lately Everton have been playing Calvert-Lewis and not Lookman, dont really rate CL and i am suprised he has been getting ahead of Mirellas

I was actually surprised that Lookman seemed to get game time from the outset, I think he's a good player with lots of potential but I think it will be a while before he's ready for that level consistently.
    Yes, he seemed to get in the team very early, then has been used more sparingly recently, when I would have expected it to be the other way round