Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Congratulations Ademola Lookman

Comments

• Options

Reckon Palace will go for another ex Charlton player in Jan... Jordan Ibe from Bournemouth. Have seen him around Beckenham a bit of late.

Lives in Eltham.
  • Options
    Yet Everton turned down £22m for him
  • Options
    He'll go back to RB Leipzig imo. Read somewhere that they are very keen to take him there permanently
  • Options

He'll go back to RB Leipzig imo. Read somewhere that they are very keen to take him there permanently

It was rumoured in the summer that they offered £22m, but Everton wanted £28m
  • Options
    I was at the Everton v Brighton yesterday. He came on a sub and didn’t do a lot except for one very tidy interchange of passes which nearly opened up a fourth goal. Dale Stephens looked decent for Brighton too, particularly in the first half. He was a lot harder than I remember him.
  • Options
    At least Dale was back home in the North for a day.
  • Options

Lookman will be a class player and get a fair few England caps. Sancho will be the first name on the team sheet.

You could be right, but there’s absolutely no guarantee of that. Remember when Jose Baxter and Sam Hutchinson were the future of English football?
  • Options
    If Zaha goes in January then could see Lookman coming in as a replacement.
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:

Lookman will be a class player and get a fair few England caps. Sancho will be the first name on the team sheet.

You could be right, but there’s absolutely no guarantee of that. Remember when Jose Baxter and Sam Hutchinson were the future of English football?
    Crazy comparison - Lookman and Sancho both already proved they can do it with a string of games and goals in the Bundesliga.

Despite early hype, Baxter and Hutchinson managed one PL start between them. Phil Foden is the first name that comes to mind of a young player that’s around that same stage in his development, Lookman and Sancho have passed it.
  • Options

JaShea99 said:

Crazy comparison - Lookman and Sancho both already proved they can do it with a string of games and goals in the Bundesliga.

Despite early hype, Baxter and Hutchinson managed one PL start between them. Phil Foden is the first name that comes to mind of a young player that’s around that same stage in his development, Lookman and Sancho have passed it.
    I'd say Foden is miles further along in his development. An abundance of youth caps, named in the Euro U17 team of the tournament, was the U17 World cup player of the tournament, already played for the U21s, and is getting minutes in one of the best English sides of all time.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    According to the Graun today, he should be in the starting 11 against Cardiff!
  • Options

According to the Graun today, he should be in the starting 11 against Cardiff!

On the bench again sadly
  • Options
    Almost ecored a great solo goal
  • Options
    Starts tonight against Newcastle
  • Options

I’m going to have a small wager on him as first goal scorer in that case.
  • Options

Best price 8/1 with Betfair, Paddy Power and Betfred.
  • Options
    Any more reputable bookies?
  • Options

Don't bother
  • Options
    Apologies if already posted elsewhere but I found this interesting:

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/performance/training/how-charlton-unearthed-ademola-lookman
  • Options
    Still dont understand how he hasn't been given a fair crack, whenever he comes on for Everton he always does well. Got to be worth rotation with Bernard at present surely, if not just get rid wasted on the bench.

PS- just dont end up at Palars please!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Starts today against Bournemouth
  • Options
    Nice to see two young English lads combining once again for Everton
  • Options
    Hopefully he’ll tear Millwall a new one.
  • Options
    Lookie had a very good game as far as I could see.

Commentators were praising him throughout the 90 minutes.

Surely he needs & deserves a regular starting place, if not at Everton, then somewhere that will appreciate his talent.
  • Options

Surely he needs & deserves a regular starting place, if not at Everton, then somewhere that will appreciate his talent.

Certainly done better there than Walcott in my opinion
  • Options

Palace with Shelvey? :smiley:
  • Options
    Everton supporting mates that go pretty much every week can't understand how he isn't starting all the time.
  • Options
    buckshee said:

Everton supporting mates that go pretty much every week can't understand how he isn't starting all the time.

Yes, I've heard that from Everton mates too. Drives them nuts that he doesn't get games.