Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Congratulations Ademola Lookman

Comments

• Options
    Not in the Everton squad to play Rotherham this evening with Everton making a fair few changes.

Can see him leaving for Leipzig by Friday.
  • Options
    Not in the team, or even on the bench tonight...........injured or going ???
  • Options
    edited August 2018

Yes Golfie, see above mate. And no, he isn’t injured, just not included in the squad at all. Surely has leaving written all over it with how public Leipzig have been about wanting him back.
  • Options
    Sage said:

Yes Golfie, see above mate. And no, he isn’t injured, just not included in the squad at all. Surely has leaving written all over it with how public Leipzig have been about wanting him back.
    Everton are saying he has a groin strain, but expect he'll be off by Friday.
  • Options
    edited September 2018
  • Options
    21 today.
  • Options

21 today.

Let's hope he celebrates with a hat trick tomorrow against Palarse !!
  • Options
    What an assist!
  • Options
    Brilliant assist for Evertons first goal.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Great assist!!!
  • Options
    Has been class since he's come on... Lovely touch whenever on the ball
  • Options
    What was nice was the fact that Marco Silva (who I do like as a Manager) seemed to give more praise at the end to Lookman over the others
  • Options
    Ademola contributed more in 10 minutes than Walcott and Bernard combined achieved in the previous 80.

What does the lad need to do to get more game time ?
  • Options
    And we bought back Shelvey and took Zaha off Palace who we beat in the play offs on the way up
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    And we still have JBG and Nick Pope right?
  • Options
    And our away numbers are impressive ....ok I’ve gone a bit too far now
  • Options
    And Yann is still banging those free kicks in, scoring a penalty against Leicester and is in everyone’s dream team.
  • Options
    Lookman was class when he came on and needs to be given a chance and I am sure he won’t disappoint. He is better than so many other players his age and really ought to be pushing for an England call up. I am certain he would be if he went to RB Leipzig. If he’s not playing much come January, he needs to leave.
  • Options
    Sage said:

Lookman was class when he came on and needs to be given a chance and I am sure he won’t disappoint. He is better than so many other players his age and really ought to be pushing for an England call up. I am certain he would be if he went to RB Leipzig. If he’s not playing much come January, he needs to leave.

Agree. Typical foreign Prem Manager - looking to buy rather than look at what he has got. If you can cut it at Bundesliga then can cut it in Prem.

Huddersfield yesterday were a pub team full of two Bob foreigners - easily better players in Championship.
  • Options
    edited October 2018

Sage said:

Agree. Typical foreign Prem Manager - looking to buy rather than look at what he has got. If you can cut it at Bundesliga then can cut it in Prem.

Huddersfield yesterday were a pub team full of two Bob foreigners - easily better players in Championship.
    Burnley are a perfect example of the latter part of your comment... they may be struggling at the moment yet the spine of their team that got them into Europe was built on Championship players

Same with Fulham... Struggling at the moment yet listening to BBC Radio London on the way home on Saturday, they couldnt understand how they'd ripped apart their promotion winning team for foreign players who arent much better than what they've already got
  • Options
    Sage said:

And Yann is still banging those free kicks in, scoring a penalty against Leicester and is in everyone’s dream team.

And Stephens is still with us doing his thing and in the verge of an England call up.

And I'm a solid 10/10 and get paid every night....
  • Options

Sage said:

Burnley are a perfect example of the latter part of your comment... they may be struggling at the moment yet the spine of their team that got them into Europe was built on Championship players

Same with Fulham... Struggling at the moment yet listening to BBC Radio London on the way home on Saturday, they couldnt understand how they'd ripped apart their promotion winning team for foreign players who arent much better than what they've already got
    I had high hopes (and a soft spot) for Fulham, but they are getting exposed big style at the minute.

If you are letting in four goals at Cardiff, then you are going to struggle to stay up, as Cardiff look to me like a Derby County style side from 2008ish, who were hopeless.

Like you say, why not stick with the players that got them there? Surely the cohesion and understanding that they have, would work in their favour.

On another note, I hear that Ruben Loftus Cheek is now looking for a loan move in January – what a waste of six months for him. Similar story for him though, in that can anybody really say that Kovavic is that much a better player than him? If he was that good, then Madrid wouldn’t let him out for a year.
  • Options
    Can’t understand how Sancho got an England cap despite doing less in the Budesliga than Mola.
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    buckshee said:

Can’t understand how Sancho got an England cap despite doing less in the Budesliga than Mola.

Lookman scored 5 goals in 11 games.

Sancho has got 2 goals and 6 assists in 8 games, 6 of which were sub appearances.

So I wouldn't say Lookman did more. Also, he's 21. Sancho is 18. And honestly, Sancho is just on a different planet.