Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Congratulations Ademola Lookman

Comments

• edited May 2018

Take Lookman as the fourth Striker... At the moment it'll be Vardy | Kane | Rashford...

Welbeck gets mentioned a lot but seriously... SERIOUSLY!!!

Lookman has probably got more goals again German teams than that lot put together...no way will England take him to the World Cup
  • Southgate won't take him. He's England manager yet hasn't had a proper football job in years.

Clown.
  • Southgate won't take him. He's England manager yet hasn't had a proper football job in years.

Clown.

Pardew's had a load....you'd rather he took England to a world cup?!
  • With Big Sam now gone at Everton; Ademola's summer could now get interesting
  • Great news for him as the new manager will almost certainly give him pre season to show what he can do. Managers need to make a call early on players this year due to the new transfer window rule.
  • Really hoping Southgate takes him to Russia, but he won't. We don't need him we have world beaters like Welbeck and Livermore.
  • edited May 2018

Southgate won't take him. He's England manager yet hasn't had a proper football job in years.

Clown.

Ericsson had loads of experience and once decided it was
    better to take a kid for some holiday experience rather than the top English goal scorer. So experience often means f all.

Hopefully some good times ahead for Ade. He’s going to have some offers and choices I think, let’s hope he makes a good one and does well.

• Really hoping Southgate takes him to Russia, but he won't. We don't need him we have world beaters like Welbeck and Livermore.

I don't think that Lookman is challenging either of these two for a place (Welbeck is an auxillary 9/winger and Livermore a midfield water carrier). If he's going to get into the team it would be ahead of Rashford or Lingard which I just don't see happening at this point.
  • Its disappointing really... With Bolaise and Walcott ahead of him @ Everton its going to be difficult for him to get regular games still - Whereas if Leipzig signed him, I reckon he'd utilisied more often

Sadly the chances of that happening have diminished with Sam leaving yet one good pre-season for Ademola and his Everton career could take off

I don't think that Lookman is challenging either of these two for a place (Welbeck is an auxillary 9/winger and Livermore a midfield water carrier). If he's going to get into the team it would be ahead of Rashford or Lingard which I just don't see happening at this point.
    I wasn't comparing Lookman to either of those directly, more summing up the quality of player that's in the England squad these days. However, Lookman can fulfill the Welbeck role with ease and even add goals to it.
  • Sponsored links:

I wasn't comparing Lookman to either of those directly, more summing up the quality of player that's in the England squad these days. However, Lookman can fulfill the Welbeck role with ease and even add goals to it.
    I'm not sure Lookman could be trusted defensively on the wing (maybe he'd suit a wide poisition in a 3 man attack) and he's never going to be able to play as a 9. I'm not trying to be negative about him as he's a player I really like it's just that his size/skill set limit the number of roles he could fulfill for England.
  • No doubt we’ve negotiated a big sell-on fee :open_mouth:
  • There was a good article on Lookman in the Sunday Times a couple of weeks ago. Said that Allardyce thought he would be better off having a loan spell with an English championship side but Lookman pushed to take the opportunity with Leipzig. Good on him.
  • edited May 2018
    _MrDick said:

No doubt we’ve negotiated a big sell-on fee :open_mouth:
    Nien %.
  • There was a good article on Lookman in the Sunday Times a couple of weeks ago. Said that Allardyce thought he would be better off having a loan spell with an English championship side but Lookman pushed to take the opportunity with Leipzig. Good on him.

Am still quite surprised that he won that argument with Allardyce
  • Would be surprised if he goes before a new manager comes in
  • Been really impressed with the way he settled in and performed in Germany

Indeed it's a really surprising and pleasing development, the growing number of young British players going out to Germany to play regular football and improve themselves.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited May 2018

Good point

He could hardly lose, all he'd have to do is refuse any loan move he didn't want.

He could hardly lose, all he'd have to do is refuse any loan move he didn't want.
    Then he'd probably have rotted in the U23s...
  • £10m? That's a steal.
  • So Zaha is worth the same as Charlton Athletic if there is any credence in the alleged cost of the takeover rumours...
  • LenGlover said:

So Zaha is worth the same as Charlton Athletic if there is any credence in the alleged cost of the takeover rumours...

Don't tell Roland, he'll put the price up to £60m!

Which shows how much more than sweet FA Allardyce knows.
  • The funny thing with Lookman is that the one club who would fit his style perfectly would be Liverpool, who of course play with two wide attackers but not wingers.

They are crying out for some quality back up to the famous front three, but of course I can't see Everton doing business there.
  • The funny thing with Lookman is that the one club who would fit his style perfectly would be Liverpool, who of course play with two wide attackers but not wingers.

They are crying out for some quality back up to the famous front three, but of course I can't see Everton doing business there.

And Lookman needs to be somewhere he will play not as a backup