Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Congratulations Ademola Lookman

Comments

• Options
    Yeah scored a couple for Everton in a previous round.
  • Options
    Lookman starts tonight against Frankfurt 7.30 ko, i think it's on Bt Sports.
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    9/1 first goal or 3/1 any time. Good odds I reckon, both sides play decent football. There will be goals.
  • Options

Game delayed by protests.

Disgusting behaviour

CARD get everywhere
    Well the Belgian20 are out & about.
  • Options
    Tennis balls on the pitch at start of 2nd Half
  • Options
    Dansk_Red said:

Tennis balls on the pitch at start of 2nd Half

I was chuckling away when after the stewards had cleaned up & about to trudge off then another volley of tennis balls came on. And I thought the Germans didn't have a sense of humour.........
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Frankfurt have a history of protests ... watched it a couple of times there in the old stadium.
  • Options
    On the bench against Dortmund

Game is @ 5:30pm on BT2
  • Options

Shame, should be starting really.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Shame, should be starting really.
    Why?
  • Options
    Just looked
    He is 40/1 with Skybet to go to the world cup.

Players more likely to get a place
    Troy Deeney 33/1
    Jay Rodriguez 20/1
    Dominic Solanke 12/1
    Charlie Austin 12/1
    Wayne Rooney 10/1(who has retired)
    Bobby Reid 33/1
    Marc Albrighton 33/1
    Jack Grealish 25/1
    Leon Bailey 10/1 (still not clear if he can play for us or not)
  • Options

Just looked

Troy Deeney 33/1
    Jay Rodriguez 20/1
    Dominic Solanke 12/1
    Charlie Austin 12/1
    Bobby Reid 33/1
    Marc Albrighton 33/1
    Jack Grealish 25/1

According to the Sky pundits this afternoon Sessignon of Fulham should be going !!. Unfortunately there will probably be only 4 strikers going (as everyone always take 3 goalkeepers even though it is unusual for even 2 to feature - yes I know Peter Bonnetti had to play in 1970 but that was almost 50 years ago) and I think it will be Kane, Vardy, Sterling & either Rashford or Lingard. Remember that Darren Bent didn't get picked in 2006 even though he was the top English goalscorer in the Premiership that season & they took Walcott (who I think hadn't even played a league game for Arsenal that season). Its not want you've done but who you play for.
  • Options
    edited March 2018

Just looked

Troy Deeney 33/1
    Jay Rodriguez 20/1
    Dominic Solanke 12/1
    Charlie Austin 12/1
    Bobby Reid 33/1
    Marc Albrighton 33/1
    Jack Grealish 25/1

According to the Sky pundits this afternoon Sessignon of Fulham should be going !!. Unfortunately there will probably be only 4 strikers going (as everyone always take 3 goalkeepers even though it is unusual for even 2 to feature - yes I know Peter Bonnetti had to play in 1970 but that was almost 50 years ago) and I think it will be Kane, Vardy, Sterling & either Rashford or Lingard. Remember that Darren Bent didn't get picked in 2006 even though he was the top English goalscorer in the Premiership that season & they took Walcott (who I think hadn't even played a league game for Arsenal that season). Its not want you've done but who you play for.
    But Sven also took Jermaine Jenas that year and Spurs weren't exactly considered a big club at that point. I would have taken Bent instead of him. I still think Walcott made some sense, it was just a shame Sven didn't have the courage of his convictions to play him.

As for taking three goalkeepers, you have to. You can't use one of those roster spots on outfield players. North Korea tried it in 2010 I think and were told the third choice keeper couldn't play in the outfield.

As for Lookman, there are some very good players ahead of him starting to get fit, Forsberg, Bruma, plus Sabitzer. I think he was more likely to come on today if it weren't for the fact that Leipzig were getting overrun in the middle of the park, and so they brought in Ilksander to shore things up. I still think his best role at that level is impact sub, but the way RB play suits him very well, lots of pace, high intensity, pressing, and looking to hit teams on the counter. I maintain that even if he doesn't play a game there, he has the potential to learn far more than he would have barely making the 18 at Everton, let alone playing for Derby County or whatever.
  • Options

Just looked

Troy Deeney 33/1
    Jay Rodriguez 20/1
    Dominic Solanke 12/1
    Charlie Austin 12/1
    Bobby Reid 33/1
    Marc Albrighton 33/1
    Jack Grealish 25/1

Some of those other names shouldn't be ahead of him, but no way should Lookman be in the England WC party really. He's only 20 and has played only 15 games in the PL and 24 games in the Championship. Indeed, he's only been at a professional football for 3/4 years so is still very raw (unlike say Gomez who was an academy player from a young age)
  • Options

He can't
  • Options

Just looked

Troy Deeney 33/1
    Jay Rodriguez 20/1
    Dominic Solanke 12/1
    Charlie Austin 12/1
    Bobby Reid 33/1
    Marc Albrighton 33/1
    Jack Grealish 25/1

Some of those other names shouldn't be ahead of him, but no way should Lookman be in the England WC party really. He's only 20 and has played only 15 games in the PL and 24 games in the Championship. Indeed, he's only been at a professional football for 3/4 years so is still very raw (unlike say Gomez who was an academy player from a young age)
    I'm inclined to agree. Wide attacking players is not something England are want for, especially ones who are young and pacey yet somewhat inconsistent.

That said, that list is not hugely impressive. Putting Leon Bailey aside, the only one on that list that I think should be in serious consideration (and indeed has been anywhere near the squad recently) is Solanke. Troy Deeney, Charlie Austin, Jay Rodriguez, and Marc Albrighton are all decent Premier League players, nothing more. I know Grealish had apparently had a good year but even when he's good he's very inconsistent, and I'm not convinced he's anything more (at this stage) than a good Championship player. Ditto Bobby Reid.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    No really central midfielders amongst that lot. That’s what England are crying out for.
  • Options
    Would be interested on why @SDAddick

Since the start of 2018 other than the 90 minutes against Burnley
    Solanke has made 3 apperances 14 minutes, 2 minutes and 4 minutes.

Even before that he was only.playing the last 20 minutes or so of a handful of games.
  • Options

No really central midfielders amongst that lot. That’s what England are crying out for.

Oxlade Chamberlain has been doing well centrally for Liverpool
  • Options
    Starts for England U21's tonight
  • Options

Starts for England U21's tonight

Keeping Ryan Sessengon out of the side which is impressive
  • Options
    Is he still at Leipzig and getting games?

Has this worked out well for him as some suggested?
  • Options
    Everton’s former Charlton youngster Ademola Lookman would be Crystal Palace’s first choice to replace Wilfried Zaha, The Sun on Sunday say.

It comes as Zaha continues to be linked with a possible move, with the likes of Tottenham said to be keen.

Lookman, currently on loan at Red Bull Leipzig, has struggled to establish himself since moving to Merseyside from Charlton – and Palace are said to be interested in bringing him back to south London if they lose Zaha.