Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Congratulations Ademola Lookman

Comments

• Big Sam not there to see it so I don't expect Lookman to be starting on sunday

Big Sam will be parking the bus on Sunday...
  • Big Sam not there to see it so I don't expect Lookman to be starting on sunday

Big Sam will be parking the bus on Sunday...
    Very Brave in Liverpool, will get the wheels stolen...
  • Not even on bench today
  • How random.
  • Sponsored links:

• THIS. THIS. THIS. Can you "like" a post more than once.

• WSS said:

Why?

So he gets the chance to see he could possibly make a move to the top league in a great football country?

Or that he could get chance to play for the team that finished runners up in aforementioned league last year and are currently fifth?

Think this is a great move for Ade.
    Or get to sit on their subs bench too.
  • Wasn't he linked with them before, when he played for us? sure they had representatives down here watching him or us :wink:
  • Allardyce doesn't want youngsters - they're perceived to be inconsistent. He wants consistency and reliability to steer his teams away from relegation year after year.

Everton was the right place for him to go when he went. It's no longer the right place for him and the loan should hopefully help as long as he doesn't struggle to adapt to the language etc.

That's my worry as he was said to be homesick in Liverpool.

• Sponsored links:

• edited January 2018
    Dave2l said:

Excellent news that he's getting some foreign football experience. Not enough home grown players play abroad and get the experience learning diverse football. It's invaluable and he can bring it back home with him when he returns.

Lookman for England

This. And it's not just foreign experience, but experience at a high flying club with a very good coach who play very attacking football with good, young international footballers. We can talk about their origins and ownership, but the fact of the matter is they're a top side in Germany at the moment, and I expect them to finish top four.
  • Sam Allardyce on Ademola Lookman's decision to join RB Leipzig: "It's one of the most unusual situations I've been in. It was his choice. He was adamant he wanted Germany. We tried to persuade him not to. But his stubbornness got him his way."
  • I wonder if Ademola has spoken to Oliver Burke about his year there?
  • I wonder if Ademola has spoken to Oliver Burke about his year there?

Allardyce said he had.
  • Listening to Allardyce talking about Lookman was very odd. He's their player so they could have insisted he stay in this country. Very puzzling.
  • Listening to Allardyce talking about Lookman was very odd. He's their player so they could have insisted he stay in this country. Very puzzling.

Or recognized that this is a move that could potentially really help his development.

But then Sam probably feels slighted and thinks if his name were "Allarmann" he'd be coach of Borussia Dortmund or Bayern Munich now.