Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Riga interview after Derby

Comments

• Options
    Can't argue with that.
  • Options
    We have conceded from 20 corners this season!?
  • Options
    Yup.

This was posted the other day by Opta and one more now.

• Options
    Name them all
  • Options
    That is a goal every other game. Mindboggling
    So we have virtually given the oppo a goal start in every other game :-0
  • Options
    LouisMend said:
    I like Riga - really hope he stays and that, somehow, some way, we keep as much of today's squad as possible and maybe even Bergdych can develop to the level expected of him by stepping down a standard for one season.
  • Options
    If I owned Charlton I'd let Riga go, give Justin Edinburgh full reign and watch us get promoted.

• Options

If I owned Charlton I'd let Riga go, give Justin Edinburgh full reign and watch us get promoted.

After all the negative press associated with our ownership, why would anyone that competent take the job ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    wmcf123 said:

After all the negative press associated with our ownership, why would anyone that competent take the job ?
    Because Roland would have sold up and there would be a massive buzz around the place as supporters of the protests party and mass back the The Valley on match days.

It will be 1992 all over again as the fans are as one again with the naysayers benefit from the hard work and dedication of CARD ;-)
  • Options
    New owners
    Riga is given the boot for a decent manager
    75% of our current superstars will be flogged
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:

There is a precedent for nicking Gillingham's manager whilst in the third tier.

Andy Nelson was poached and took us to promotion in 1974/75 .

• Options
    edited April 2016
    Interviewed Edinburgh once....Pardew II if you know what I mean. Wouldn't be keen on him as manager.
  • Options
    Andy Nelson was a rubbish manager though!
  • Options
    Valley11 said:

Interviewed Edinburgh once....Pardew II if you know what I mean. Wouldn't be keen on him as manager.

That is what I heard but it was 25 years ago so he might have changed!
  • Options

New owners
    Riga is given the boot for a decent manager
    75% of our current superstars will be flogged

This suggests we have at least 4 superstars or that you are into dismemberment.
  • Options
    Superstars?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Superstars?
  • Options
    Superstars?
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    Su....ppppperrrr....{cough} {splutter) ssstttars?
  • Options

But not many under Jose's watch.

This is true and we have also started to score a few from corners - all of which suggests that Riga might practicising corners during the week. Goodness knows what the previous managers did.

• Options

3 v Fulham
    1 v Preston
    1 v Brentford
    1 (debatable 2 - half cleared, came back in and Ba scored OG) v Sheff Wed
    1 v Derby

I make it 7 or possible 8 since Riga came in from corners. So ratio wise haven't really improved on the other two managers.
  • Options
    Oakster said:

LouisMend said:

3 v Fulham
    1 v Preston
    1 v Brentford
    1 v Derby

I make it 7 or possible 8 since Riga came in from corners. So ratio wise haven't really improved on the other two managers.
    Think Riga's nice smile, reassuring words about his antipathy towards his buddy Roly and his nice suit mask the rubbishness of his reign so far. 16 points from 51 is it now- with a very decent squad at his disposal.
    Sorry to say it but he is the best of a bad bunch and has played the game at about the same level as me, go figure.

New owners, new broom, new Manager / new Coach.
  • Options
    LouisMend said:

3 v Fulham
    1 v Preston
    1 v Brentford
    1 v Derby

I WAS trying to be positive....

And I can't always be right.

:smile:

• Options
    Let me get this straight.

If Roland doesnt sell up the majority dont want Riga in charge because he's not experienced yet at the same time we're moaning there is a pointless high turnover of Managers in a short period at the club.

Whats it to be... Cant have everything and you just know Roland wont hire a Brit to be in charge
  • Options
    Relegation is another blot on Riga's hardly impressive CV. Yes, he took over a shambles and a club in the mire. So did Warnock. Riga's not really improved anything other than we don't lost by cricket scores as we did under Fraeye, but his points return has not been much better than other Duchatalet puppets and some of his tactical decisions have been odd. I don't think he is the man to take us back up, even if Duchatalet gives him the tools to do it.