Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Legendary manager to return as Director of Football

Comments

• Options
    All hot air from the club , I would say! Funny that it comes out the day before/day of the season ticket deadline ...
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    Don't do it Lennie.
  • Options
    Lenny is not stupid, he will not work for those twats.
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    Could be true. Not as keen on him as I was After reading his book where he doesnt really mention the turmoil at the club during his time and the fans pivitol role in getting us back to the valley.

Edit: oh, and he was at palace
  • Options

The real news is the club has:

1. Spoken to someone about being General Manager

2. Spoken to someone who knows English football

3. Spoken to someone English.

Keith Peacock then
  • Options

Who did the interviews? Nobody around last 10 days.
  • Options

Who did the interviews? Nobody around last 10 days.
    Secret meeting in a hotel in Dubai.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Me ?
  • Options
    How about a legendary manager as well.
  • Options

Oh Henry, it's not actually news is it? It's only a rumour. We all know it's not true until it's on the OS.

:wink:
  • Options
    Heard this a little while ago.

Lennie is a 'football man' and never really gave a stuff about supporters imo.

Can't see it happening though
  • Options
    Would rather have Curbs in that position
  • Options

Would rather have Curbs in that position

this ..BUT if Lawrence does come back to the Valley it would show that Duchatelet at the very least has learnt that in the ENGLISH football leagues, there needs to be a big ENGLISH influence in the player management set up
  • Options
    Why would they be considering appointing a director of football whilst putting the club up for sale? It would only make sense if they had decided to stay but change strategy.
  • Options

Why would they be considering appointing a director of football whilst putting the club up for sale? It would only make sense if they had decided to stay but change strategy.

Ah, but this regime doesn't do normal or sensible so it's no good trying to second guess them :wink: .
  • Options
    Would it be too big a stretch to worry that Dougie will be lined up as the next Manager? :wink:
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

Ah, but this regime doesn't do normal or sensible so it's no good trying to second guess them :wink: .
    not so far .. let's hope the centime/pfennig/penny has if not totally dropped, is at least falling to the ground
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    There are legs in this. I heard it a few weeks ago too. Riga will be given a fair crack but he's never been known to stick anywhere long. Dougie could come in if Riga leaves or fails badly.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

RedChaser said:

not so far .. let's hope the centime/pfennig/penny has if not totally dropped, is at least falling to the ground
    That would be a very poor second best for me though Lincs, I just want them gone. The disenfranchisement of the fan base has made any sort of reconciliation virtually impossible.
    know what you mean @RedChaser, however, I'm convinced that Duchatelet is determined to hang on to the bitter or (much less likely) sweet end
  • Options
    If Paul Elliott takes over? Or am I missing something? The Belgium twats are talking to him as well?
  • Options

Lenny is not stupid, he will not work for those twats.

He worked with Freedman.
    There is a difference between working with a twat and working for a twat (or two).
  • Options

100% agree. Always had a downer on The Valley.
  • Options
    edited April 2016

100% agree. Always had a downer on The Valley.
    Nailed on he'll bring Paul Walsh in with him then!! :neutral:
  • Options
    and Robert Lee turn style manager