Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

NFL 2016/17

Comments

• Options
    Most Yards in Superbowl history, even before the overtime
    Most catches by a single player in a Superbowl for White
    First QB to win 5 Superbowls
    Biggest comeback win in Superbowl history, 25 point deficit, previous high was 10 points
  • Options
    What's the surprise guys I told you the Pats would win ha ha. Just watched it all this morning. Would have gone to bed at ht if watched it live. 10/11 on the play off predictions for me. Let down by the Seahawks.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Still sinking in
  • Options
    an exciting yet somehow inevitable come back by the Patriots .. now the best team, with the best coach and quarterback in NFL history .. it's getting monotonous folks despite the high quality.
    The draft is no longer really fit for purpose. It no longer ensures a degree of equality throughout the league .. TV rights and freedom of movement have put paid to it. Also young college stars are not going to go to Cleveland when the Cowboys or the Patriots are showing an interest, ways are found to circumvent the draft rules
  • Options

an exciting yet somehow inevitable come back by the Patriots .. now the best team, with the best coach and quarterback in NFL history .. it's getting monotonous folks despite the high quality.
    The draft is no longer really fit for purpose. It no longer ensures a degree of equality throughout the league .. TV rights and freedom of movement have put paid to it. Also young college stars are not going to go to Cleveland when the Cowboys or the Patriots are showing an interest, ways are found to circumvent the draft rules

really? Can't think of last major prospect who refused to sign for team who drafted them. Eli Manning maybe? Forced a trade from Chargers to giants once picked.
  • Options

Nonsense really. Patriots have a history of picking up low draft players or undrafted guys and turning them into great football players. Look at some of the players that they have traded away or lost over the years, and yet they have won 5 super bowls in 15 years
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

Nonsense really. Patriots have a history of picking up low draft players or undrafted guys and turning them into great football players. Look at some of the players that they have traded away or lost over the years, and yet they have won 5 super bowls in 15 years
    They have a system that works and a great quarterback. This gives them a chance each year. A few teams have one or the other but not both. Quite a few teams have neither.
  • Options
    Atlanta is a sad sad city this morning. Its like the day after the election all over again :(
  • Options
    Just watched all 21 minutes of the highlights on YouTube, still cannot get over how good that was. Been following the NFL (Vikings) for a few years since they came to London but never got to watching it too much. Think I will be next season.
  • Options
    Great game, ranks up there as my 2nd favourite Super Bowl after 44.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Anyone going to any of the London games next season? Think the Wembley games are already sold out but will try to get tickets to the Vikings game at Twickenham, tickets on sale late April I think.
  • Options

Anyone going to any of the London games next season? Think the Wembley games are already sold out but will try to get tickets to the Vikings game at Twickenham, tickets on sale late April I think.

I'll be at the Saints v Dolphins game. Only one we could get tickets for but probably the best of the lot on paper.
  • Options
    Can't believe that the Redskins haven't resigned Cousins yet. There is even talk of him going to the Cowgirls and Romo coming to Washington, how is that for an insult of RD proportions??
  • Options
    cafckev said:

Can't believe that the Redskins haven't resigned Cousins yet. There is even talk of him going to the Cowgirls and Romo coming to Washington, how is that for an insult of RD proportions??

Don't worry they will Franchise him and work out a new deal prior to the start of the preseason.
  • Options
    Cousins won't be a Cowboy - if they want a back-up for Dak, they'll keep Tony. ;-)

Seriously though, if the Redskins are silly enough to let him walk (I think a deal will be done at the 25th hour), he'll probably end up with the 49ers or Bears I imagine.
  • Options

Cousins won't be a Cowboy - if they want a back-up for Dak, they'll keep Tony. ;-)

Seriously though, if the Redskins are silly enough to let him walk (I think a deal will be done at the 25th hour), he'll probably end up with the 49ers or Bears I imagine.

Poor sod if there his only options
  • Options
    I saw today that he may be linked with the 49ers. A move that althought i dont want to happen, i could live with that. Anyone but Dallas!
  • Options
    I can see this happening. 49ers are desperate for a QB and this year's draft isn't exactly full of top prospects at that position.
  • Options
    Plus they are managed by Shanahan who got on well with KC when at the Skins. Talk about getting the Patriots back up Garoppolo.
  • Options
    I think AJ McCarron should get a starting role with someone this year, still can't believe we picked him up in the 5th rnd. Although I would like him to stay on at Cincy I would equally like him to get a shot at leading a team which he deserves
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What's it going to be like getting tickets this year? Vikings v Browns certainly isn't a very attractive game but I'm pretty sure every game has sold out so far.
  • Options
    Chiefs agree 6 year deal with Eric Berry making him the highest paid safety in the league.
    Deserved.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Adrian Peterson to be released by the Vikings.

It's all happening today.
  • Options
    Looks like the downside of the Berry deal is that the Chiefs are releasing Jamaal Charles.
    Sad times.
  • Options

Looks like the downside of the Berry deal is that the Chiefs are releasing Jamaal Charles.
    Sad times.

Nothing to do with Berry. Everything to do with being constantly injured. Such is the life of an NFL running back, or indeed any player who's never on the field.
  • Options

Sad times.

It is a sad day. Our best ever RB. Money obviously played a part, as well as the injuries, as we are so close to the salary cap limit. In an ideal world he would have retired as a Chief.
  • Options

Sad times.

Nothing to do with Berry. Everything to do with being constantly injured. Such is the life of an NFL running back, or indeed any player who's never on the field.
    Yeah, meant it more as a "we've got good news....and now here's the bad news" sort of thing.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Today's rumour: three-way trade between 49ers, Redskins and Cowboys.

Could look something like this:

1. San Francisco give pick 2 and pick 34. Receive Cousins and pick 60.
    2. Washington give pick 17, pick 49 and Cousins. Receive pick 2, pick 28, pick 34 and Romo.
    3. Dallas give pick 28, pick 60 and Romo. Receive pick 17 and pick 49.

That values Cousins at 2860 points (eg pick 5 and pick 13 together is worth 2850 points) and Romo at 500 points (pick 40). Maybe a little rich for both and I can't see Romo at the Redskins but imagine the drama............
  • Options
    I would guess Romo would do it simply because of the $$$ but I can't see it going down well with the Redskins fans