Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

NFL 2016/17

Comments

• NO MORE PENALTIES! PLEASE!!! 9 mins. One score game.
  • I SAID NO MORE PENALTIES. They've killed us.
  • Dallas took too long to get warmed up. You're giving yourself a mountain to climb if you give Aaron Rodgers an 18 point lead.
  • How on earth did Rogers get that last pass away!
  • Steelers controlling this game.
  • Deserved win by the Steelers. Chiefs fought all the way. Eric Fisher is an idiot!
  • Falcons, Pats, Cowboys, Steelers

I'll take the 3-1 but I'd rather 1-3 with all the results reversed. :-(
  • edited January 2017
    Sun 22 Jan:
    Game 1) NFC Championship Game
    Packers @ Falcons 8:40pm
    FOX broadcast (probably Buck & Aikman)
    Game 2) AFC Championship Game
    Steelers @ Patriots 12:40am
    CBS broadcast (probably Nantz & Simms)

Sun 5 Feb:
    Super Bowl LI 12:30am
    FOX broadcast (probably Buck & Aikman)

• If the Steelers couldn't score a touchdown at the Chiefs, what chances do they have against the Pats?

Packers v Pats for me, 2 best QB's in the NFL head to head
  • 7 out of 8 correct predictions in the play offs for me. I am calling it early. Patriots to beat the Falcons to win the Super bowl.
  • Sponsored links:

• I have no doubts Ryan can put up more than Rodgers on Sunday.
    Big game for the Falcons defense. I think it could all come down to a single turnover. Love for the Falcons aside, I do have so much respect for the Packers and I'd definitely be cheering them on if they made it to the SB.
  • This is so bad for me.

Nightmare group left in the hunt for Superbowl LI.

The only way this could be worse is if Giants replaced Falcons in the last 4.
  • I celebrated like a lunatic when the Chiefs scored the game tying 2 point conversion.
    So what if the celebration only lasted 2 seconds....my heart rate is returning to normal now so it's all good.
  • Both should be good games, particularly Falcons/Packers - Packers & Patriots to win for me.
  • I'm saying nothing.
  • Pats v Falcons Superbowl I reckon.

I hope so, Green Bay v Pittsburgh again no thanks. Of the teams left the only team I mildly like is Atlanta, the others can go swing

I hope so, Green Bay v Pittsburgh again no thanks. Of the teams left the only team I mildly like is Atlanta, the others can go swing

I like to think Falcons just have too much for anyone on offense so the Packers could be a real shootout, although both have improving secondaries. Belichick vs. Falcons could be great to watch in the Superbowl too.
  • There's always the Aaron factor, unfortunately.

Really like Atlanta's O, especially their run game got a lot of time for Freeman, I might even consider a straight trade with favourite Jeremy Hill although I am still dreaming of the second half of his rookie season. Thought we had drafted a top top player unfortunately not quite panned out that way.
  • Sponsored links:

• It's very difficult to bet against Rodgers or Brady as they have a gift for saving their team when they're on the brink.

Atlanta have been one of the most impressive teams this year and while their offence have generated a lot of press their defence have quietly gone about doing a good job. Beasley in particular has really stepped up. They won't shut down Rodgers but they don't necessarily have to, just hold them for long enough so that Ryan and co can build a big lead.

The three Bs/triplets have been impressive for Pittsburgh but I don't think that they have faced a team like New England and Tomlin running his mouth won't have helped them. BB will take away some part, if not all, of that threat and challenge them to beat them elsewhere on the field. Pittsburgh will have to hope that James or Rogers can step up if they have any hope of beating the Pats at home. I could also see Blount running roughshod through that defence as he's a bigger version of Ajayi.

Even as a Phins fan I hope that the Pats beat the Steelers as I just hate Big Ben that much. I'd love to see Atlanta win as I think Matty Ice is great and still regret(?) that Miami drafted Jake Long over him.
  • Doesn't sound like there's much opposition to it either.
  • I think Vegas is on to get an NBA, NHL and potentially a MLS team too - it'll go from nothing to one of the main sporting cities in the US in the space of a few years.
  • Vegas Golden Knights will be in the NHL from next season.
  • Macronate said:

Vegas Golden Knights will be in the NHL from next season.

Are they moving from a different city ?
  • Vegas baby! Didn't want to leave Oakland but essentially a free stadium is better than playing in the crappy O.co

• se9addick said:

Macronate said:

No, new team.
  • Macronate said:

very strange country is America .. playing ice hockey in the middle of the desert ((:>)

NFL ? .. two potential tear up 'semis' ... be good to see Steelers/Falcons and no Patriots/Packers for a change, though that is unlikely
  • se9addick said:

Macronate said:

No, new team.
    Takes the NHL to an odd number, so expect another new team to be added soon, probably another Canadian franchise.

Raiders are a team that have a loyal backing, and I reckon most of their fanbase will follow them to Vegas