Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

NFL 2016/17

Comments

• Options

Redskins trade #21 to the Texans - Texans select Will Fuller. Redskins receive #22 and a 6th round pick next year.

At #22, Redskins select Josh Doctson.

what's the story behind that trade? swapping 21 and 22 seems a bit odd

• Options
    I read today that the Redskins/Texans trade was because the Texans liked Fuller so much that they were worried someone would jump them for him. So they jumped one pick to guarantee him.
  • Options

I read today that the Redskins/Texans trade was because the Texans liked Fuller so much that they were worried someone would jump them for him. So they jumped one pick to guarantee him.

I guess that makes sense as the skins were after a receiver as well. Still seems slightly odd though
  • Options
    So the preseason begins tonight with the Hall of Fame game between the Colts and the Packers. Starts at 1am.

Only a month to go until the proper season starts.

Odds for Super Bowl 51:

Seahawks 17/2
    Patriots 9/1
    Panthers 9/1
    Packers 10/1
    Steelers 11/1
    Cardinals 12/1
    Bengals 16/1
    Broncos 20/1
    Chiefs 25/1
    Vikings 25/1
    Cowboys 25/1
    Colts 28/1
    Raiders 40/1
    Ravens 40/1
    Giants 40/1
    Texans 40/1
    Jaguars 50/1
    Redskins 50/1
    Jets 50/1
    Bills 50/1
    Falcons 66/1
    Eagles 66/1
    Lions 66/1
    Dolphins 66/1
    Saints 66/1
    Rams 66/1
    Chargers 80/1
    Bears 80/1
    Buccaneers 100/1
    Titans 100/1
    49ers 125/1
    Browns 200/1
  • Options
    I predict the Bengals will continue their impressive run in play off games and accordingly receive the 24th pick in next years draft, everything else is just hearsay.
  • Options
    Probably about right for the browns
  • Options
    Can't remember last time Raiders were in top half of betting.
  • Options
    Interesting to see how the Pats start the season, Garoppolo is a decent enough QB, but Brady holds the team together, and really helps "average" players look like superstars
  • Options
    Just over two weeks to go until the first game. Rematch of Super Bowl 50 with the Panthers taking on the Broncos.

Still don't think Denver know who their starting QB is going to be...
  • Options
    I think the Houston Texans could do quite well this year now they have a proper quarterback
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cafcspud said:

I've put money on Cleveland!! Got a good feeling about the Browns this year

For first overall pick in next years draft??

• Options

Cafcspud said:

I've been saying for years that Sheffield United Cleveland Browns will come good. This is their year.
  • Options
    Cafcspud said:

Cafcspud said:

I've been saying for years that Sheffield United Cleveland Browns will come good. This is their year.
    They'll be lucky to finish 4th in the AFC North

• Options
    Does any kind person fancy doing an off-season recap?
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    To be fair I think the Browns might not be completely useless this year... RG3 has looked pretty good in pre season.
  • Options

To be fair I think the Browns might not be completely useless this year... RG3 has looked pretty good in pre season.

That's the spirit!!!
  • Options
    Just gutted they binned Manziel, I thought he was perfect for Cleveland. I have very fond memories of him playing Cincy
  • Options
    Can't wait, will be putting my usual score on SD winning the Super Bowl. About as much chance as RD selling up but oh well.

I just hope RB coaches and offensive coordinator have done sufficient work to help Melvin Gordon improve on, let's say an average rookie year.

AFC West will be tough this year though.

Personally I'd like to see the Bears have a good season. Anyone else have a team they don't necessarily follow but would like to see have a strong season?
  • Options
    andyg90 said:

Can't wait, will be putting my usual score on SD winning the Super Bowl. About as much chance as RD selling up but oh well.

I just hope RB coaches and offensive coordinator have done sufficient work to help Melvin Gordon improve on, let's say an average rookie year.

Personally I'd like to see the Bears have a good season. Anyone else have a team they don't necessarily follow but would like to see have a strong season?

Not concerned about the Bosa saga going on in SD?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Jdredsox said:

andyg90 said:

In all honesty, no. The guys an idiot. He would have been the second highest paid rookie behind a QB. He was also offered the highest signing bonus of any player this draft. He's a rookie, if he wants to jeapordize his whole rookie year over money then we're better off without him.
  • Options
    andyg90 said:

I'm a Seahawk but always want to see Buffalo do well. Not sure why. Seahawks love comes from the mega drive game Madden 92 where they were just awful so I took a liking to them. Buffalo weren't great either so maybe it comes from that?
  • Options
    Doing my draft for my mate's Fantasy league tomorrow eve.

Anyone got any possible suggestions as to players who may not be immediately selected?
  • Options
    andyg90 said:

Jdredsox said:

andyg90 said:

In all honesty, no. The guys an idiot. He would have been the second highest paid rookie behind a QB. He was also offered the highest signing bonus of any player this draft. He's a rookie, if he wants to jeapordize his whole rookie year over money then we're better off without him.
    His Dad held out when he was a rookie as well.
  • Options
    edited August 2016

Doing my draft for my mate's Fantasy league tomorrow eve.

Anyone got any possible suggestions as to players who may not be immediately selected?

Jordan Matthews - WR(philapdhila eagles)

De marco murray (even though a recognised player will be cheap after a bad season but still a top player) - RB (Tennessee Titans)

Martavis Bryant - WR (steelers)

Travis Kelce - TE (Chiefs)

• Options
    A lot of people are tipping Raiders to get play offs but it is a tough division.

Hopefully Carr maintains his improvement from last season.
  • Options
    Well at least the Bosa saga has been concluded now?

Vikings fans will be disappointed that Bridgewater seems to have a serious knee injury that could keep him out the whole season.
  • Options
    Torn ACL and a Knee ligament injury, he's done for the year
  • Options
    AP just climbed up my draft board a bit. Wouldn't usually draft a RB high but I can't see MIN going any way other than more reliant on the run
  • Options
    Also gutting that Romo has a broken bone in his back.

Looks like the Cowboys are going to go with their 4th round QB Dak Prescott for the first few weeks of the season, at the very least.