Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bolton (kind of) statement....

http://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/article/in-his-own-words-ken-andersons-first-media-briefing-3056507.aspx

I know there is a thread about whether Charlton will issue a relegatoin statement, but thought this was interesting. Cant decide if it's informative, honest, or cr@p? I don't know how I would feel as Bolton fan reading that?

Comments

• saw this on our local news last night, in my opinion I wouldn't trust the bloke with a football little own a football club.
  • iaitch said:

They've had 50 applicants for the managers job and still not decided.

Our CEO would have had that done in an afternoon!!!

5 minutes probably :wink:
  • saw this on our local news last night, in my opinion I wouldn't trust the bloke with a football little own a football club.

A good honest interview I thought. Oh for some honesty at Charlton.

Why is this bloke untrustworthy ? I know nothing about him.
  • if they go on to win league 1 next season i dont think the fans would have too much to grumble about, it was a relegation that needed to happen, unless the ownership of our club changes hands i think we can forget about challenging for the league next season.
  • Does not look like they are selling ST for next season yet.
  • I'd be delighted with a statement like that. Straight to the point and transparent.
  • I'd love to see a list of the 50 applicants
  • Planning already. I wonder how much thought has been given by our friends about next season ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Spanish said:

Planning already. I wonder how much thought has been given by our friends about next season ?

She'll mull it over once she's back from Dubai i'm sure.

A good honest interview I thought. Oh for some honesty at Charlton.

Why is this bloke untrustworthy ? I know nothing about him.
    Is it true he is an ex football agent?

Is it true he was disqualified from being a company director?

Is it true he was involved in a group (but had to step aside due disqualification) that subsequently bought Southampton and did members of that group put Southampton im administration?

I don't know but I would want to know before welcoming him to my team.
  • edited April 2016
    "We’re looking to bring in a strong team at board level through to football management level."

This (not doing it) is exactly what is wrong with our regime's approach.
  • Whats the odds on Chris Powell taking over as manager there? Surely he sent a CV of which I'm sure they would of been happy with.
  • a very coherent and concise summary from the new co-owner .. like us, they will be looking for players, unlike us, Bolton W FC has a core of experienced owners/directors .. we will see

Little own?
    I assume you mean 'let alone'?
    I know there are many phrases where the words are commonly mistaken for something else:

'Tenterhooks' becomes 'tender hooks'
    'Moot point' becomes 'Mute point'
    'To all intents and purposes' becomes 'To all intensive purposes'
    and my favourite:
    'Dog eat dog world' becomes 'Doggie dog world'!

but this is a new one on me!

:smile:
  • Probally.