Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

REASON TO BE CHEERFUL .. PART ONE ((:>)

I was out in the back garden this morning doing early spring clear up and planting a few honeysuckle climbers against an ugly fence. Anyway ...

I turned round to pick up a plant and there, sitting on the edge of the bird bath, jiggling his tail and seemingly smiling at me was the brightest chested red red robin that I have ever seen.
Undeterred, he sat there for quite a while, totally at ease with the world at large. (I am sure that we have an expert ornithologist amongst us .. do Robin's breasts get brighter in spring when they're looking for a mate ?)

Illogically perhaps, the thought struck whilst watching lil Robin that whatever happens to CAFC, whoever owns, runs, succeeds with or fecks up the club in the short term, WE will survive and one day get stronger and back where we belong, even under this 'regime'.

My friend the Robin does not have a care in the world, just goes about looking for a mate, hunting for grub and feathering his nest. There is more to life for us humans than worrying because some Belgian fuckwit is making a right Horlicks of running the club we all love and in which we have invested a lot of emotional energy. Chins up my brethren and lets all look forward to next season, as drab as that possibility seems right now when we are down in the basement.

That's it ((:>) .. life goes on (oobla de oobla da)

Comments

• My friend the Roland does not have a care in the world, just goes about screwing up CAFC, hunting for a friend and feathering his nest.

Fixed it for you ;-)
  • Macronate said:

not the same Robin we saw at Barnehurst train station on Saturday night then.

it appeared from the bushses and was so tame, it walked to within a foot of my missus' feet.

i am 99% sure it beaked "Fuck Off Roland".

it then disappeared back into the bushes.

it returned about a minute later but didn't say anything this time round.

it has to be a sign because i've never had sparrows, blackbirds or finches mouthing that to me before.

hahahahahahaah .. could be the same Robin .. the reincarnation of Jimmy Seed telling us to be not afeared ((:>)
  • I remember last summer, my missus said as soon as I'd got in, without even looking up, 'There's a dead jay in the paddling pool. Can you get it out?'
  • edited April 2016
    @cafcfan .. thanks for the learnéd post .. CL never fails when it comes to an expert insight into ANY and EVERY topic ((:>)

soooooo .. Robins think that I'm just a meal providing pig .. mmmmm and I always considered myself a bit of a tiger ((:>)
  • Did your Red Red Robin go bob bob bobbing along by any chance?
  • Why can't you just tape the mealworms that you have to buy to start the colony directly on to the socks, and thereby cut out the biscuit tin related middle man? I don't know how many socks I own, but I am guessing less than two or three hundred.
  • Did your Red Red Robin go bob bob bobbing along by any chance?

just like old Al .. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtkhJ1xqw2o
  • Sponsored links:

• cafcfan said:

Punch small holes in the lid for ventilation.....after a few weeks the mealworms will turn into creamy pupae, then into little black beetles.

Can I have a bit more detail about the size of the holes in the lid and the size of the beetles.
  • PL54 said:

cafcfan said:

Punch small holes in the lid for ventilation.....after a few weeks the mealworms will turn into creamy pupae, then into little black beetles.

Can I have a bit more detail about the size of the holes in the lid and the size of the beetles.
    No. You'll pick it up as you go along. Perhaps you could experiment using a nail punch and your head?
  • I was out in the back garden this morning doing early spring clear up and planting a few honeysuckle climbers against an ugly fence. Anyway ...

I turned round to pick up a plant and there, sitting on the edge of the bird bath, jiggling his tail and seemingly smiling at me was the brightest chested red red robin that I have ever seen.
    Undeterred, he sat there for quite a while, totally at ease with the world at large. (I am sure that we have an expert ornithologist amongst us .. do Robin's breasts get brighter in spring when they're looking for a mate ?)

Illogically perhaps, the thought struck whilst watching lil Robin that whatever happens to CAFC, whoever owns, runs, succeeds with or fecks up the club in the short term, WE will survive and one day get stronger and back where we belong, even under this 'regime'.

My friend the Robin does not have a care in the world, just goes about looking for a mate, hunting for grub and feathering his nest. There is more to life for us humans than worrying because some Belgian fuckwit is making a right Horlicks of running the club we all love and in which we have invested a lot of emotional energy. Chins up my brethren and lets all look forward to next season, as drab as that possibility seems right now when we are down in the basement.

That's it ((:>) .. life goes on (oobla de oobla da)

It's a sign that Roland's going to sell the valley once the crowd dips below £3k and move the franchise to Lincolshire
  • cafcfan said:

PL54 said:

cafcfan said:

No. You'll pick it up as you go along. Perhaps you could experiment using a nail punch and your head?
    Oh dear. Prick.
  • PL54 said:

cafcfan said:

PL54 said:

cafcfan said:

Oh dear. Prick.
    Would be more than a prick if you did it properly.
  • The breast of a Robin is, in fact, orange, not red. Take a close look next time you see one.

Robins have always been described as having "red" breasts, however, because the name of the colour orange was taken from the name of the fruit. (Not the other way round).

Thus, until the ubiquity of the orange (Citrus × sinensis) across Europe by around the mid 17th century, there was no name and no reference point to the colour orange.

But red sounds better.
  • cafcfan said:

PL54 said:

cafcfan said:

Lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol.
  • cafcfan said:

PL54 said:

cafcfan said:

Loooook at you
  • PL54 said:

cafcfan said:

PL54 said:

cafcfan said:

Loooook at you
    Not as much as look at you, you sad man.
  • We have robins in the garden who are incredibly tame and follow you round the garden when digging. So they are very trusting, like CAFC fans, until annoyed.
    By the way, both males and females have the red/orange breast, only the juveniles are all brown for about 6 weeks.
    Before every game, when I see one on the bird table, I take it as a good luck sign for CAFC! Guess that hasn't worked much recently.... but they are busy attracting mates and nest building, planning for next season I guess! Unlike like KM and RD.
    Wise, wise robin.