Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Protest Song - More Than Just a Toy

123457»

Comments

• I would buy it but the hosting site requires me to use PayPal.

I hate PayPal, never managed to get it set up in a way I'm happy with.

I hate PayPal scammers and account clients as well. Basically I've got to the stage where I just won't use it.

Happy to pay using debit card but this doesn't seem to be possible.

Alternatively happy to donate directly to the protest fund £10 if someone can send me a playable version (ideally with video).
  • Downloaded and paid by debit card.
  • I would buy it but the hosting site requires me to use PayPal.

I hate PayPal, never managed to get it set up in a way I'm happy with.

I hate PayPal scammers and account clients as well. Basically I've got to the stage where I just won't use it.

Happy to pay using debit card but this doesn't seem to be possible.

Alternatively happy to donate directly to the protest fund £10 if someone can send me a playable version (ideally with video).

@Alwaysneil , if you go below the PayPal Icon you can pay by Debit Card, I've just done it.
  • Ah, thanks will try that in a mo.
  • Does anybody know how to send this to Soccer AM ? I'm sure this would be up their street.
  • olster said:

olster said:

Woke up this morning singing it - and i'd only heard it once!

So good.

Jesus wept!

Can't wait to see the creativity that comes out of the Den should you find yourselves in a similar predicament :)
    Hang on a minute, you lot haven't got the monopoly on creative protests in south London....

Do you?
  • edited April 2016
    Nice @MillwallFan, that's the sort of creativity we are looking for, the creators should look to sell that one on :)
  • Sponsored links:

• Nice @MillwallFan, that's the sort of creativity we are looking for, the creators should look to sell that one on :)

I know, it really is class. It's almost as good as the one we got made up for Marvin Sordell after he accused us of racist abuse after one of our young fans told him he looked like a fish. Similar to the one above, white bedsheet, black spray paint, but this one said 'SORDELL YOUR A CU*T'

If you need any advice on creative banners you could do a lot worse than come to us for tips. (Although the fans who unfurled the Sordell banner did get arrested).

• Nice @MillwallFan, that's the sort of creativity we are looking for, the creators should look to sell that one on :)

I know, it really is class. It's almost as good as the one we got made up for Marvin Sordell after he accused us of racist abuse after one of our young fans told him he looked like a fish. Similar to the one above, white bedsheet, black spray paint, but this one said 'SORDELL YOUR A CU*T'

If you need any advice on creative banners you could do a lot worse than come to us for tips. (Although the fans who unfurled the Sordell banner did get arrested).

Thanks, but I think we'll stick to what makes us us. We have our proud history or organised positive action from our fans and you have your proud history of spraying expletive ridden, grammatically flawed sentences on bed sheets.

We'd should celebrate our differences instead of trying to imitate each other.
  • I've been holding back on downloading as I was hoping I might get a chance to help it into the charts. Is the chart idea definitely not being pursued now?
  • I think JohnB said it would take an unrealistic 8000 downloads to hit the charts. The value in this is in the media, which is already good, plus the boost to the protest fund.

Thanks, but I think we'll stick to what makes us us. We have our proud history or organised positive action from our fans and you have your proud history of spraying expletive ridden, grammatically flawed sentences on bed sheets.

We'd should celebrate our differences instead of trying to imitate each other.
    Yeah, you're probably right.

Btw, what does grammatically mean? And expletive?

• This is a great bit of work. @big in brasov Blackpool 1971 mean anything to you?
  • h said:

This is a great bit of work. @big in brasov Blackpool 1971 mean anything to you?

Well h I was there for the 5-0 debacle, but I didn't go up on the overnight coach, although I know a few who did
  • Me too. I hitched up there ;-)
  • Ha ha ha, what were we thinking?
  • Sponsored links:

• Ha ha ha, what were we thinking?

That was a loong weekend! We did it because we are unique. Nice to know you're still involved JB!
  • I know it's probably heresy to say it, but I quite like the Millwall Lomas banner.
    Stripped back and to the point.
    Don't worry Millwallfan, still no one likes you, it's just the banner I like, your reputation is preserved.
  • I was very fortunate to be given the chance to do a short interview with Phil Parry before the game today, on his Radio London Saturday sport show - Phil played a few snippets of "More than just a toy" and gave it a great plug.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p03q6883

About twenty six and a half minutes in.

Well done mate
  • Just a quick update:

Sales are now at 104.

There have been many very generous people paying over the asking price. Very many £5s , lots of £10s and even one extraordinarily generous individual who paid £100.00 for a download.

As a result, gross revenue is now £386.93 which should nett a little over £300.00 for the fund.

Youtube viewing numbers are very good. On each of the past 2 days we've had over 1k views, and the total is fast approaching 6.5k. The video has been seen in 73 different countries with most views in the UK in terms of numbers, second Hungary with around 500 views, third USA with 120 views and Belgium fourth with almost 100. I understand there were also some viewings in Dubai when Meire was out there on holiday. Co-incidence?

The media attention around the song and the video has been huge, including mentions on a wide range of sports websites here and in the USA and online news sites. As mentioned above (with link) yesterday afternoon @Big in Brasov did a 5 minute telephone interview with Phil Parry on BBC London Saturday Sport. Phil gave the song a great plug as they discussed the current problems at the club.

The money from the song is very welcome, but the exposure and publicity it brings are invaluable.
  • I paid £10 for my download via PayPal. Just checked my online banking and a 2 monthly standing order seems to have set up. I've cancelled this just in case the money isn't going to the protest fund.