Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Protest Song - More Than Just a Toy

Comments

• Davo55 said:

sammy391 said:

In terms of making a high turnover of sales - could a large sum of money from the protest fund buy 5,000 'sales' ( so £5,000) without losing any money ?

£5k goes out of the protest fund --> buys 5,000 copies of the song --> 5,000 copies of the song produces £5,000 'profit' that is going back into the protest fund anyway = £0 loss , £0 profit

Would mean garunteed sales and a ranking on the charts , plus more media attention for reaching that amount of sales?

No Sammy, because we don't get all of the 99p per download. There are costs that go to the platform.
    Is it a flat price or a % of the sum per download?
    If a % then would've made my 'extra bit' on the download go straight into the protest fund as opposed to via bandcamp.
  • Davo55 said:

sammy391 said:

In terms of making a high turnover of sales - could a large sum of money from the protest fund buy 5,000 'sales' ( so £5,000) without losing any money ?

£5k goes out of the protest fund --> buys 5,000 copies of the song --> 5,000 copies of the song produces £5,000 'profit' that is going back into the protest fund anyway = £0 loss , £0 profit

Would mean garunteed sales and a ranking on the charts , plus more media attention for reaching that amount of sales?

No Sammy, because we don't get all of the 99p per download. There are costs that go to the platform.
    Is it a flat price or a % of the sum per download?
    If a % then would've made my 'extra bit' on the download go straight into the protest fund as opposed to via bandcamp.
    As I understand it Bandcamp take 15% on sales up to US$5k and 10% thereafter. There may be other charges, i.e. if Paypal is used.
  • I may have missed this already, but is there a plan to do a version of the video with subtitles so that we can try and make it go viral in Belgium?
  • edited April 2016
    kentred2 said:

C4FC4L1f3 said:

kentred2 said:

Brilliant. Sums it up.

So why the Trust still grovelling to meet the clowns? Inappropriate.

All options should be explored. We don't want to give the club any reason to say the fans are being unreasonable. Also if CAST have a meeting with them imagine the questions they would ask and the shit they would get back in return :)

Would make the Media surely.
    Not right thread but don't agree. I don't get Trust agenda at all and you can't have fans calling for them to go whilst the Trust still chat with them. And their communication with members of their actions eg pleading again for a meeting is non existent.
    Well this is news, why didn't you express these views before?

The truth makes a bigger fool of you than you do yourself, but feel free to keep caricaturing what is actually happening.

Back to topic, the track's only 99p. If 500 people bought 10 copies (and by the way I note that you can send it as a gift via email...) that's your 5000 done.
  • I hate PayPal. Have been trying for 25 minutes to buy a copy and still not been able to.
  • After watching the video and it's bit more clear.

It's really good! Hopefully play it at HT!
  • At the risk of irking PL54.....Done.

Very well done all involved, that's a great effort.
  • Loved it !!
  • Very good song. I think you should have released it, with Roland Roland you're a #### on the "B" side.
  • Very good song. I think you should have released it, with Roland Roland you're a #### on the "B" side.

I was thinking something on the same lines - would be good to get a few copies made on vinyl (perhaps with valley floyd road as the B side) : give one copy to the museum and possibly get a few other copies signed by players and auctioned off with profits for the protest fund?
  • Sponsored links:

• Salad said:

Brilliant! Hope you have the appropriate rights to sell it, is it based on a specific FB3 song??

Not based on anyone else's music, and if you are curious then I can tell you that most of my music is inspired by klezmer (Yiddish) and Balkan melodies

• Purchased and donated. Give it retweets on Twitter and shares on FB guys, get that protest kitty up and the knowledge spreading. Great work.
  • Coming to this late. Bloody brilliant.
  • rikofold said:

kentred2 said:

C4FC4L1f3 said:

kentred2 said:

Brilliant. Sums it up.

So why the Trust still grovelling to meet the clowns? Inappropriate.

All options should be explored. We don't want to give the club any reason to say the fans are being unreasonable. Also if CAST have a meeting with them imagine the questions they would ask and the shit they would get back in return :)

Would make the Media surely.
    Not right thread but don't agree. I don't get Trust agenda at all and you can't have fans calling for them to go whilst the Trust still chat with them. And their communication with members of their actions eg pleading again for a meeting is non existent.
    Well this is news, why didn't you express these views before?

The truth makes a bigger fool of you than you do yourself, but feel free to keep caricaturing what is actually happening.

Back to topic, the track's only 99p. If 500 people bought 10 copies (and by the way I note that you can send it as a gift via email...) that's your 5000 done.
    Well thanks for the reply Mr Riddler.
  • Salad said:

Brilliant! Hope you have the appropriate rights to sell it, is it based on a specific FB3 song??

Not based on anyone else's music, and if you are curious then I can tell you that most of my music is inspired by klezmer (Yiddish) and Balkan melodies

Good stuff. It sounded to me a bit two tone inspired but it wasn't as major and brassy, I see where you are coming from now.
  • Salad said:

Good stuff. It sounded to me a bit two tone inspired but it wasn't as major and brassy, I see where you are coming from now.
    It's the bassline that gives it the ska/two-tone feel

• How do we ensure Roland, Daisy & co hear this?
  • Sponsored links:

• Ah, just listened to it again, yes the bass line is quite ska, and the snare drum supports it but the top line melodied take a much more minor key and beat structure that I don't hear to often but now you've said it are clearly Yiddish and maybe Balkan (showing ignorance of Balkan music here).

Great work.
  • I don't know about Balkan influences and all that, but I do know it's bloody good.
  • Brilliant! That's very good
  • Worth a play on 6music I reckon.
  • Wel done. Go on Roland say it:
    Oui, je regrette Katrien
  • That's really good, great video too.
  • Got to be honest when I heard it on Charlton live, I thought it was awful as the mix meant I could barely hear the words.

I have played the video at least 6 times, me and the kids love it, great tune, funny video, terrific lyrics.

The line about Murray and Meire should ring out on Saturday
  • JohnnyH2 said:

Got to be honest when I heard it on Charlton live, I thought it was awful as the mix meant I could barely hear the words.

I have played the video at least 6 times, me and the kids love it, great tune, funny video, terrific lyrics.

The line about Murray and Meire should ring out on Saturday

Wouldn't say I thought it was awful, but I know exactly what you mean.