Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Protest Song - More Than Just a Toy

Comments

• Options
    Top marks to all those involved in this - great !
  • Options
    Can I check, what is the story regarding downloads for the chart. Will downloads from The 2percent's webpage count or do you have to download from a recognised supplier (say iTunes)?

Also, is there a particular cut-off day that they count from? We wouldn't want the numbers to be minimised because they are split across two weeks.
  • Options
    Quality! Well done The 2percent!
  • Options

@Big in Brasov Rather than making an extra donation, surely it is better if we all download it multiple times for 99p? Might have a chance of making the Top 40 then...
    Great stuff, btw.

Indeed Weegie, that makes good sense, however, the song hasn't been registered for the charts. Having said that it is something I can explore and perhaps it can be registered retrospectively.
  • Options
    Stig said:

Can I check, what is the story regarding downloads for the chart. Will downloads from The 2percent's webpage count or do you have to download from a recognised supplier (say iTunes)?

Also, is there a particular cut-off day that they count from? We wouldn't want the numbers to be minimised because they are split across two weeks.

That's my concern, (for want of a better word). More info at...

officialcharts.com/getting-into-the-charts/releasing-your-music/
  • Options
    Stig said:

Just had a quick look and I'd need to join PPL or PRS and get a digital identifier (like a bar-code no.), - there would be associated costs.

To be frank, I can't imagine this will sell more than a few hundred download copies, and I'd be well chuffed with those sort of numbers.

• Options
    Well worth £5 of my money, very catchy
  • Options
    That is brilliant well done :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Could get a megaphone and play this through it during the match?

Great effort great tune.
  • Options
    Excellent!
  • Options

Stig said:

Just had a quick look and I'd need to join PPL or PRS and get a digital identifier (like a bar-code no.), - there would be associated costs.

To be frank, I can't imagine this will sell more than a few hundred download copies, and I'd be well chuffed with those sort of numbers.

Know nothing about this, either, but may be a shame to miss the opportunity - how much are we talking about?
  • Options

Stig said:

Use some of the proceeds of this single to join PRS and get a barcode for the ALBUM.

Release the album, with it registered on the official chart list.

Then release the FOLLOW-UP.

Copy some bootleg versions of the first single to sell to fans at the LIVE GIG at The Valley in the Summer (if someone can find the keys to the stadium).

Finally, release a live version of the gig on DVD. And Blu-Ray.
  • Options

Stig said:

Know nothing about this, either, but may be a shame to miss the opportunity - how much are we talking about?
    I think we're getting carried away. To get into the top 40 we'd need sales of around 8000 downloads, and I can't believe we'll get anywhere near.

This evening, when I have time, I will look at costs.

• Options

Stig said:

I'd be happy to contribute, either directly or via the fighting fund. This is potentially the Valley Party moment - when the protests can make a permanent statement.
  • Options

Stig said:

I think the official top 40 is iTunes only now.
  • Options
    I suspect you need to sell less than 8,000 to get into the Ultratop Top 50....

http://www.ultratop.be/fr/

Trying to find out how many right now ;)
  • Options
    Like the song and the video is good as well,
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Love it. Idea of getting it into the charts is a great one sure we could sell several thousand with any revenue going to protest fund if possible.
  • Options

Love it. Idea of getting it into the charts is a great one sure we could sell several thousand with any revenue going to protest fund if possible.

All profits from downloads will go to the protest fund

• Options
    edited April 2016
    In terms of making a high turnover of recorded sales - could a large sum of money from the protest fund buy 5,000 'sales' ( so £5,000) without losing any money ?

£5k goes out of the protest fund --> buys 5,000 copies of the song --> 5,000 copies of the song produces £5,000 'profit' that is going back into the protest fund anyway = £0 loss , £0 profit

Would mean garunteed sales and a ranking on the charts , plus more media attention for reaching that amount of sales?
  • Options
    sammy391 said:

In terms of making a high turnover of sales - could a large sum of money from the protest fund buy 5,000 'sales' ( so £5,000) without losing any money ?

£5k goes out of the protest fund --> buys 5,000 copies of the song --> 5,000 copies of the song produces £5,000 'profit' that is going back into the protest fund anyway = £0 loss , £0 profit

Would mean garunteed sales and a ranking on the charts , plus more media attention for reaching that amount of sales?

No Sammy, because we don't get all of the 99p per download. There are costs that go to the platform.
  • Options
    Davo55 said:

sammy391 said:

In terms of making a high turnover of sales - could a large sum of money from the protest fund buy 5,000 'sales' ( so £5,000) without losing any money ?

No Sammy, because we don't get all of the 99p per download. There are costs that go to the platform.
    Ah ok , makes sense! Thought I was onto something there :lol:
  • Options
    Davo55 said:

sammy391 said:

And, anyway, it's the sort of thing that you'd expect from the other side...
  • Options

Weird

Maybe the Red Parade or whatever it was called can submit their own less weird protest song. :-)
  • Options
    Great song can we not send it to the BBC and ITV plus all radio stations here and in Belguim