Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Things that need changing

edited October 2006 in General Charlton
For me no subs to be allowed once the added time board has gone up

Secondly introduction of a sin bin for yellow card offences 5 mins for dissent 15 mins for a dirty tackle for example, give the 4th official something to do

Comments

• Options
    Good answer...
  • Options
    How about Babies?
  • Options
    Survey says...
  • Options
    i agree with the no subs in injury time thing. Other than that the only other thing i would introduce would be the changing of the rule that when a ref has given a punishment, the FA can't take it further.
  • Options
    the 'interfering with play' bit with offsides. you're either on or off, accept it.
    in cup competitions, have the penalty shoot out before the match, then one team will have to go for it.
    officials to operate in the same group of 4, (eg 1 x ref, 2 x linos and 1 x 4th official). this hopefully would lead to a better understanding between them. they could also let the lino's referee lower tier games to get experience. i mean it can't get any worse.
  • Options
    just get rid of the offside rule completely.
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    DIsagree with the subs thin in injury time - injury time isn't a special part of the game it is still part of the proper 90 minutes of play. What you'd be saying is that in some games you can't use subs in the last minute, in others the last 5 minutes and even in special situations the last 10 minutes say.

I would get rid of offside from headers and any ball played by the goalkeeper - even if he has come forward.

Also have penalties taken before extra-time;
    a player substituted off is added to the pool of subs (so could come back on again later);
    officials operating in a regular group of 3 is a good idea;
    player sent off for two yellow cards in the first-half can come back at the same stage of the second-half (off again if booked again) - eg Traore sent off for two yellows after 25 minutes can come back after 25 minutes of the second-half.

PS The clocks in a couple of weeks of course.
  • Options
    You should be able to challenge the Keeper, Its outrageous that they ave so much protection these days!
  • Options
    look this is weird... ns eb rj s (weird used name) post is above rothko's even tho rothko posted 14 hours ago..?

er actually i just worked out what user name means.
  • Options
    Have the time on the refs watch available on scoreboard and screens, wouldn't take a massive technological leap for it to be possible