Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What has happened to Diego Poyet?

Comments

• Options
    Looking at that article, he hasn't gone to the press-"A News Shopper Source claims....." yada yada. I'm not saying that he hasn't got the hump, he probably has but he can't be slagged off for running to the media............

Also, on his ability this time around, he hasn't really had a run of games to put his marker down so it's hard for us to judge too much on that basis but the fact he isn't even on the bench is rather telling about his performances in training. I'm sure if he was putting a full shift in, he would be in the squad.
  • Options
    HandG said:

Looking at that article, he hasn't gone to the press-"A News Shopper Source claims....." yada yada. I'm not saying that he hasn't got the hump, he probably has but he can't be slagged off for running to the media............

Also, on his ability this time around, he hasn't really had a run of games to put his marker down so it's hard for us to judge too much on that basis but the fact he isn't even on the bench is rather telling about his performances in training. I'm sure if he was putting a full shift in, he would be in the squad.

Yes, Ba was on the bench on Saturday ahead of him!

Have we reached the limit on loan players in our 18? Motta, Yun, Fanni, Mak, Sanago
  • Options

HandG said:

Have we reached the limit on loan players in our 18? Motta, Yun, Fanni, Mak, Sanago
    Yeah your only allowed a maximum of five loan players in the matchday squad.

Although against Queens Park Rangers we'd only have had four because Young wasnt allowed to play.
  • Options

HandG said:

Although against Queens Park Rangers we'd only have had four because Young wasnt allowed to play.
    Motta isn't on loan, is he ?
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    If SCP had been around I reckon he would have been man managed better.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    wmcf123 said:

HandG said:

Good point actually... I forget these days who is on loan and who isnt etc.
  • Options
    NewsShopper has very little nice to say these days and that is an absolute non-story.
  • Options
    Who made him the stupid promise that he'd be guaranteed to start week in week out? Katrien...
  • Options
    colin1961 said:

Only one person to blame Poyet and it's not Charlton

Heston?
  • Options

If SCP had been around I reckon he would have been man managed better.

Not a fan of Riga but he got the best out of Poyet last time.
  • Options

Not a good sign that he's gone to the press with his complaint. I wonder how he gets on with his team-mates? Just a thought.

That he has spoken to them suggests that's it for this season. So 379 medicore minutes and in return we pay his wages for four months. Not the best value for money.

What makes it worse is that Fraeye was on the way out when the deal was done, and Riga, who was being lined-up by Roland, clearly does not want him, so who the hell signed off on the loan?!
  • Options
    I don't blame Diego for going. A lot of people on here said it was a mistake, and they've been proved right, but as was said today on another thread, hindsight is a wonderfull thing. Anyway, no sour grapes from me, a lot of sadness at the time, and life goes on.
    But now? I'm sure in all the rotten atmousphere in january, some fool at the club (KM or RM seem likely) thought it would be a great sop for the fans to get an English player we all relate to back in to sabe Karel Fraeye. Obviously, the scouts looked at his recent playing record about the same as a lot of the early january tosh (Relegation Roger being another highlight). However, his disinterest and total lack of form (Reports from the Colchester game had him strolling round the pitch as if he hadn't a care in the world, when his previous form suggested he should have taken the bit and tortured their defence, and his lack of minutes should have made him jump at the chance). He drifted out of form, and out of the squad, and if he thought he would be an automatic starter, he should have given at least an excuse for Jose Riga to make it happen. Now we are down, and really, so is he. At a cut price wage, he could consider dropping with us to try and recover his form and his career, but if he is complaining about lack of playing time, it suggests he will continue to expect to play in spite of whether he is good, bad lazy or indiferent. We already have a few of that calibre, who we pay less for the privilege.
  • Options
    You're shittttt ahhhhhhh
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    wmcf123 said:

HandG said:

Nope short term contract I think.

Edit me misreading you comment.. carry on..
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited April 2016
    Poyet did not get much game time at MK Dons and there he was hardly pulling up any trees. Given these not so great performances at MK Dons who agreed that he would be guaranteed game time at Charlton ? Sounds like more typically rubbish work from Katrien Meire.

Complaining about how he expected to play despite having barely any impact in the games he has played at Charlton is not good. Sounds like he has gained a billy big boots attitude and not developed at all. What a shame, he was such a great prospect before he took the money from WHU.

Can see Poyet dropping further down the league, but given the outburst, I doubt that will be with Charlton in League One.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    After three failed loans to lower half Championship clubs, one at Huddersfield last season with Chris Powell and two with clubs going down this season, Poyet is probably going to have to drop down to League 1 level in order to try and resurrect his career. I very much doubt that any Championship clubs will be interested in taking him.

Given his likely level of wages and the fact that he's got two years left on his contract at West Ham, I wouldn't be surprised to see some sort of deal being cut sometime next year in order to facilitate a move elsewhere.

Given the quality and professionalism he displayed for us in those twenty odd games at the end of 2013/14, it really is a very serious decline. Something has clearly gone very wrong when Riga - who saw the very best of Poyet - isn't even putting him on the bench.
  • Options
    Better than Ba but not as committed
  • Options
    Blucher said:

After three failed loans to lower half Championship clubs, one at Huddersfield last season with Chris Powell and two with clubs going down this season, Poyet is probably going to have to drop down to League 1 level in order to try and resurrect his career. I very much doubt that any Championship clubs will be interested in taking him.

Given his likely level of wages and the fact that he's got two years left on his contract at West Ham, I wouldn't be surprised to see some sort of deal being cut sometime next year in order to facilitate a move elsewhere.

Given the quality and professionalism he displayed for us in those twenty odd games at the end of 2013/14, it really is a very serious decline. Something has clearly gone very wrong when Riga - who saw the very best of Poyet - isn't even putting him on the bench.

I think Relegation Roger has a new rival! Demotion Diego, Dropzone Diego...
  • Options

wmcf123 said:

HandG said:

I'll forgive you as I used to live in canterbury
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:

wmcf123 said:

HandG said:

I'll forgive you as I used to live in canterbury
    Lovely City. No longer live there but was a student there when at uni (Kent not Christchurch) when i made this account, had a great time. Often go back to enjoy their fine eateries and lovely country pubs.
  • Options
    instead of being bewildered, maybe he should try being less shit.
  • Options
    Who would you rather play in the same position, Diarra or Poyet?

It's a no brainer for me...
  • Options
    edited April 2016

Who would you rather play in the same position, Diarra or Poyet?

It's a no brainer for me...

World Cup winner or World Class whinger?
  • Options
    I must confess that I thought that DP was just OK, when he came through and was quite surprised that he went to a Premier League side. I would never have picked him over Cousins who showed exceptional potential from his first game onwards. A lot of DP"s time was spent picking the ball up from the CH and passing it square and he rarely drove the ball forward.
    I did hope he stayed with us as I did think that he and Cousins would make a good midfield with DP playing defence MF and C going forward.
    It would be a pity if he returns to WHU as I think he could re build his career with us, but he must be prepared to except that this may start with a return to the under 21's until he has found his form again.