Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What has happened to Diego Poyet?

Comments

• Options

Dazzler21 said:

However, his name still doesnt make it onto the clubs squad list on wiki.

He's not played a single game!

Nice stadium though.
    Not if its raining.
    I imagine Sue Parkio will be sitting under shelter
  • Options
    He's not registered to play league games, only registered in Libertadores. Each club in Argentina was only able to register an additional two players signed in the last transfer window, and Poyet wasn't one of Godoy Cruz Antonio Tomba's selected players.
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    dabos said:

He's not registered to play league games, only registered in Libertadores. Each club in Argentina was only able to register an additional two players signed in the last transfer window, and Poyet wasn't one of Godoy Cruz Antonio Tomba's selected players.

Well they are playing in the Libertadores tonight so it'll be interesting to see if he gets in the squad

Edited

Looks like he's travelled
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/11353987/diego-poyet-interview-how-former-charlton-and-west-ham-prodigy-is-getting-back-on-track-in-cyprus

He felt our offer wasn’t good enough and then we started talking about loaning him to Standard Liege.
  • Options
    I think he thought he was better than he actually was and that is why his career took a nosedive. Listened to bad advice.
  • Options
    Scoham said:

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/11353987/diego-poyet-interview-how-former-charlton-and-west-ham-prodigy-is-getting-back-on-track-in-cyprus

He felt our offer wasn’t good enough and then we started talking about loaning him to Standard Liege.

Wow is that the promised truth?

Or is there a secret we still await?
  • Options
    Reading that story it seems to me like unless he feels the big fish, he won't be happy.

Pathetic really IMO.
  • Options
    Comes across as a bit of a Limarse’ole there.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    dickplumb said:

I have watched Diego Poyet a lot from U16 to the first team. He is not as good as he thinks he is. He can tackle, he gives 100 per cent, but he is what I would call a limited footballer.

But, wasn't he captain of England at a junior level at one stage?
  • Options
    Hardly setting Cyprus alight is he? 13 starts (pulled off in 4 of those) plus eight sub appearances. Last five games: not on the bench for two, unused sub for one and came on at 55 mins and 90+2 in the other two. (And, natch, no goals in a career total 99 games.)
  • Options
    He certainly needs to settle down somewhere yet isn't prepared to do so... Sounds like he wants to leave Cyprus and come back to England in the summer.

Patos arent even a top flight team out there, yet he was part of a team that came second and won promotion.

Chris Dickson on the other hand was playing for AEL Limassol in the Europa League and only got a move to Dagenham when eventually he came home
  • Options

cafcfan said:

Hardly setting Cyprus alight is he? 13 starts (pulled off in 4 of those) plus eight sub appearances. Last five games: not on the bench for two, unused sub for one and came on at 55 mins and 90+2 in the other two. (And, natch, no goals in a career total 99 games.)

So not all bad then.
    God damn you. I couldn’t find my Kenneth Williams pic quick enough!
  • Options
    Saying that he felt under appreciated is a pretty narrative, but in reality it is a nonsense - or he wouldn't have returned when he'd exhausted his meaningful options elsewhere.
  • Options
    What’s that bullshit players used to say instead of - they didn’t offer me enough money......”the club didn’t match my ambition”. Wankers.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2018
    It's incredible that 4 years on he's still lying to convince himself that he made the right choice to leave us for West Ham.

Yes, a loan move to Standard Liege was put to him but only after he told us that he wanted to challenge at a higher level. He had made the decision to leave us before that suggestion was even made.
  • Options
    I understand his old man was angry with him. He said Charlton was the best place for him to develop and get regular football but Diego listened to those on the quest of money.

In a way it's good that this happens because it shows the value of regular football at the right time. He wanted more and it’s gone spectacularly wrong
  • Options
    The odd thing is....under the Douche....you probably could not be at a better club as a youngster to get game time and therefore profile.
  • Options

The odd thing is....under the Douche....you probably could not be at a better club as a youngster to get game time and therefore profile.

I get that point and of course it's true enough. But the other way of looking at it is that you are playing for a club with little ambition and one that was going in the wrong direction.
  • Options
    Excellent article. Will Unwin the interviewer is the son of a good friend of mine. I gave him the background of Diego and Charlton.

He is doing a series of interviews with forgotten players. A couple of weeks ago he interviewed Jay Bothroyd.
  • Options
    I was gutted when he left us.
    Now, however, I wouldn't see him getting anywhere near our first team.
  • Options
    probably a combination of a bit of arrogance on poyet's part and katrien's atrocious negotiating skills.