Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Foods you eat strangely

Comments

• Options
    I sent the sourghdough back.
  • Options

Reading this reminded me of s mars bar eating story from my youth. I never did persuade the lady who told me of it to replicate the feat with me.

I'm going to add it to my currently non-existent bucket list though not my memory has been jogged.

MrOneLung said:

McBobbin said:

I used to like cold curry takeaways for breakfast but I guess I've grown out of it

I haven't. Chinese curry and egg fried rice is the best
    Re-heated rice - the direct and easy way to food poisoning...
    Yep. Most people blame it on the curry or Chinese but reheated rice is a great carrier of salmonella.
    A couple of weeks after we got back from honeymoon in the far east my wife fell terribly ill, probably best not to go into detail but it wasn't pleasant. Had all sorts of tests and had to go to the tropical disease centre. Eventually, they traced it back to her eating re-heated rice a few days after we returned.
  • Options

Cold Yorkshire pudding with jam on.

You're a bit late to the party on this one.
  • Options

I ain't reading 7 bloody pages lol
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    It's not the reheating of rice that is the problem. It's reheating rice, that's been left out too long, allowing bacteria to grow.

If you have left over rice and put it in the fridge, as soon as it's cool enough, you can then reheat it no problem. We do it all the time. So if you can't eat your takeaway, stick it in the fridge when it's no longer too warm and reheat it later, within 24 hours.

http://www.nhs.uk/chq/Pages/can-reheating-rice-cause-food-poisoning.aspx?CategoryID=51
  • Options

Reading this reminded me of s mars bar eating story from my youth. I never did persuade the lady who told me of it to replicate the feat with me.

I'm going to add it to my currently non-existent bucket list though not my memory has been jogged.

MrOneLung said:

McBobbin said:

I used to like cold curry takeaways for breakfast but I guess I've grown out of it

I haven't. Chinese curry and egg fried rice is the best
    Re-heated rice - the direct and easy way to food poisoning...
    Yep. Most people blame it on the curry or Chinese but reheated rice is a great carrier of salmonella.
    A couple of weeks after we got back from honeymoon in the far east my wife fell terribly ill, probably best not to go into detail but it wasn't pleasant. Had all sorts of tests and had to go to the tropical disease centre. Eventually, they traced it back to her eating re-heated rice a few days after we returned.
    it never normally stops you :smile:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    25May98 said:

Can we please lift the boycott on purchasing food and drink inside the Valley. I can't bear the thought of seeing a bunch of freaks licking crisps, scraping Oreos, felching creme eggs etc.....

If I see anyone drinking Tuna juice I'm walking out, 74th minute or not. It makes train spotting seem normal.

Now that you come to mention it....

It could be the way to get a full walkout.
  • Options

cold pizza
    baked beans and rice
    picalilli sandwiches
    jacket tat with baked beans and tuna

• Options
    edited August 2017
    Bloke at my work had a baked bean and fish finger sandwich for lunch yesterday.

Can't decide if it sounds rubbish or if it might sort of work.
  • Options

Bloke at my work had a baked bean and fish finger sanswich for lunch yesterday.

Sounds good actually.
  • Options

I ain't reading 7 bloody pages lol
    i don't blame you, it resulted in some doris making minge loaf!
    Quimsmill.
    Fannettone
  • Options
    Jamaica minger cake
    Twattenburg
  • Options
    Muffins
  • Options
    Flapjacks
  • Options
    I have this weird behaviour where I put food in my mouth, then shit it out my arse.

I just can't stop it, do you think I need help?
  • Options

My missus also thinks I'm weird because I prefer cold custard.

Love cold custard with a hot sponge cake
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cut a piece of butter and then dip it in Nutella.
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

Bloke at my work had a baked bean and fish finger sanswich for lunch yesterday.

Sounds good actually.
    Fish Fingers & waffle (not Belgian) is something to try.
  • Options
    When it comes to bananas, the one with the sticker on it, is the last one to be eaten.
  • Options

Even better with apple and blackberry crumble.
  • Options

Hot rhubarb crumble and cold custard is the food of the gods.
  • Options

Hot crumble and cold custard. Yes please.
  • Options
    I hate cold custard. Actually, thinking about it, I don't like custard at all.
  • Options
    Baby food.
  • Options
    Not strange, simply class, but avocado in a fresh fruit salad works, as does ground ginger on honeydew melon.
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    seth plum said:

Not strange, simply class, but avocado in a fresh fruit salad works, as does ground ginger on honeydew melon.

How posh is that?
    No chance of popping round your gaff for a Pie n chips followed by chocolate Angel Delight then @seth plum ;)