Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Leicester

Comments

• Options

the fans on sunday with "north london mind the gap" signs were a bit much.

Why?
    well theyve had 1 great season and havent won the league yet just think calling out arsenal and spurs is a bit weird myself.
    I guess so but having to put up with being written off every week and with many Spurs / Arsenal fans probably thinking that it would be a matter of time before Leicester capitulated and were overtaken, they've probably got a right to rub their faces in it.
  • Options

the fans on sunday with "north london mind the gap" signs were a bit much.

Why?
    well theyve had 1 great season and havent won the league yet just think calling out arsenal and spurs is a bit weird myself.
    It's just a bit of fun/banter can't begrudge them that.
  • Options
    edited April 2016

The PL has definitely evened out, which is a reflection of the TV money every club gets, but also how badly the giants have been managed. Imagine Man U under Fergie, they'd have walked this division!

Its true, but then Ferguson is also arguably the best ever. Certainly the best ever to manage in England. Not really reasonable to expect that there will always be someone as good as him around.

Its going to be fascinating to see what happens with Pep at Man City. You can't dispute what he has done at Barca and Bayern, but those leagues are just not as competitive from top to bottom as the Premier League, even if the very top sides are better than ours. Man City need a re-build too, but they certainly have the cash to do that quickly if Pep's name is enough to attract some of the genuinely best players in the World.
    I agree. I think city will be happy to make top four next season and the one after will be the real test, I don't think pep would be able to win it straight away because, like you say, the rebuild operation is much needed there.

I just hope Leicester keep mahrez and kante with a few additions they could actually do ok in the champions league! But if they lose kante especially they will no doubt go out in the group stages. But if Wolfsburg and benfica can get to the quarters can't see why this Leicester team can't.
  • Options
    yeah suppose so, no more than i thought it was cuntish of arsenal to be singing "who are ya" to leicester, really want liverpool to win the europa and then man city to nab 3rd off of of arsenal. then there fans really will want wenger gone.
  • Options

The PL has definitely evened out, which is a reflection of the TV money every club gets, but also how badly the giants have been managed. Imagine Man U under Fergie, they'd have walked this division!

Its true, but then Ferguson is also arguably the best ever. Certainly the best ever to manage in England. Not really reasonable to expect that there will always be someone as good as him around.

Its going to be fascinating to see what happens with Pep at Man City. You can't dispute what he has done at Barca and Bayern, but those leagues are just not as competitive from top to bottom as the Premier League, even if the very top sides are better than ours. Man City need a re-build too, but they certainly have the cash to do that quickly if Pep's name is enough to attract some of the genuinely best players in the World.
    I agree. I think city will be happy to make top four next season and the one after will be the real test, I don't think pep would be able to win it straight away because, like you say, the rebuild operation is much needed there.

I just hope Leicester keep mahrez and kante with a few additions they could actually do ok in the champions league! But if they lose kante especially they will no doubt go out in the group stages. But if Wolfsburg and benfica can get to the quarters can't see why this Leicester team can't.
    The strange thing is that United, City and Chelsea all need serious rebuilding. Normally you'd expect at least one of them to be at their peak.

Tottenham of all the teams at the top seem to be on the up, players like Lamela have been through the difficult adapting period and are now showing their potential. Remember all those Lloris to Man U stories, to replace De Gea? I can't see that happening now!
  • Options
    I read the other day that Sheringham was telling Kane that if ever Man Utd come calling for him, that he should seriously have to consider the offer... Why? Its not like United are romping the League now
  • Options

I read the other day that Sheringham was telling Kane that if ever Man Utd come calling for him, that he should seriously have to consider the offer... Why? Its not like United are romping the League now

Strong rumours of Zlatan the great joining next season though.
  • Options
    Oh God. As I understand Zlatan insists on having embroidered into his new socks every time he plays.

Who would want to employ that ego?
  • Options
    Currently 1-0 but down to 10 men.
  • Options
    1-0 up, surely.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Stig said:

1-0 up, surely.

But down to 10 men, Vardy sent off
  • Options
    Stig said:

1-0 up, surely.

Sorry yes 1-0 up. Vardy 2nd yellow for diving.
  • Options
    Right scrappy game - they are hanging on a bit. Vardy second yellow a bit harsh, I think.
  • Options
    And now a pen for WHU...
  • Options
    Penalty to West Ham.
  • Options
    Refs a spurs fan
  • Options

Penalty to West Ham.

1-1 Carroll.
  • Options
    1-1
  • Options
    2-1 West Ham Cresswell
  • Options
    Blimey, what a turn around.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Only mistake the ref has made is not giving West Ham penalty in first half against Huth.
  • Options
    Reid did exactly the same as Vardy. Both were already on yellows, one got sent off for simulation (correctly) the other gets a penalty. I'm no Leicester fan but I feel a sense of injustice on their behalf.
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    A ref trying to make the headlines by the looks of it. If I was a Leicester fan Id be fuming.
    Edit : How the fuck is that not a penalty
  • Options
    Refs a fucking joke
  • Options
    That should've been a pen to Leicester
  • Options
    Makes you wonder if the Ref has a bet on for Spurs to win the league, so one sided with his decisions, a classic example of two different sets of laws of the game depending on what colour shirt the player is wearing that frustrates so many of us fans.
  • Options
    That was every bit as much a pen on Huth as the WHU one. FA blooming conspiracy...
  • Options
    Leicester can't win it ... I just can't see them winning league ffs anyone but Spurs perleeeease
  • Options
    Omg penalty Leicester
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    Leicester pen... 94th minute. That one wasn't.

Think Moss (the ref) has lost his head here. He can't wait for the final whistle.