Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Leicester

Comments

• C_A_F_C said:

If Liverpool win the Europa League and Manchester City finish outside the top three and win the Champions League, only the top three will qualify for the Champions League as each nation can only have a maximum of 5 teams, this is obviously not going to affect Leicester though.

Bet Roly is really annoyed about this.

He will probably sell us now.
  • edited April 2016
    1StevieG said:

Robbie Savage will be eating a piece of humble pie after saying earlier in the season that they could not and would not win it.

That's Robbie Savage for you - adding his insightful comments. I'm not sure I've heard anything come out of his mouth that has been true, made any sense or was utter bollocks.
  • anybody got any idea how much that bloke who cashed out at £72k would get now?
  • 1StevieG said:

Robbie Savage will be eating a piece of humble pie after saying earlier in the season that they could not and would not win it.

That's Robbie Savage for you - adding his insightful comments. I'm not sure I've heard anything come out of his mouth that has been true, made any sense or was utter bollocks.
    I don't know, I'd have thought that a lot of what he said was utter bollocks....
  • Good luck to them. I honestly thought they would have slipped up by now but they've been bloody brilliant.

When was the last time any PL team had gone 8 hours without conceding a goal?! Absolutely ridiculous. Jack Rodwell, have a word with yourself son!

Main priority for us is finishing above Ars*nal now.
  • C_A_F_C said:

If Liverpool win the Europa League and Manchester City finish outside the top three and win the Champions League, only the top three will qualify for the Champions League as each nation can only have a maximum of 5 teams, this is obviously not going to affect Leicester though.

I think the Europa League doesn't matter, if Liverpool were to win then there would be five English teams in the CL. But wheteher they do or not I think if Man City win the Champions League and finish outside top 4 then only top 3 in the PL qualify.

• If they beat West Ham it's over

If they don't, then it's still uncertain, imo
  • It would take a cock up of pardew proportions for Leicester to fuck it up now
  • Sponsored links:

• The dodgy FFP deal is also in the grauniad,

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/apr/11/leicester-city-finances-football-league-financial-fair-play-investigation

Would be hitting for them if they win the league and then got an in season points deduction. Would make premier league look stupid as well so can't really see it happening.
  • We are currently still better then Leicester, enjoy these weeks while they last. They have never won the FA cup!

Do I route for them as underdogs as they are having an immense season and shocking the world of football....Yes

Is my jealously starting to override this supportive feeling as its getting oh so real.....Yes
  • Salad said:

C_A_F_C said:

I think the Europa League doesn't matter, if Liverpool were to win then there would be five English teams in the CL. But wheteher they do or not I think if Man City win the Champions League and finish outside top 4 then only top 3 in the PL qualify.

I don't think that's the case now read here - http://www.uefa.com/uefaeuropaleague/news/newsid=2215121.html

• The PL has definitely evened out, which is a reflection of the TV money every club gets, but also how badly the giants have been managed. Imagine Man U under Fergie, they'd have walked this division!
  • The PL has definitely evened out, which is a reflection of the TV money every club gets, but also how badly the giants have been managed. Imagine Man U under Fergie, they'd have walked this division!

Its true, but then Ferguson is also arguably the best ever. Certainly the best ever to manage in England. Not really reasonable to expect that there will always be someone as good as him around.

Its going to be fascinating to see what happens with Pep at Man City. You can't dispute what he has done at Barca and Bayern, but those leagues are just not as competitive from top to bottom as the Premier League, even if the very top sides are better than ours. Man City need a re-build too, but they certainly have the cash to do that quickly if Pep's name is enough to attract some of the genuinely best players in the World.
  • They should have won comfortably 4 or 5 nil. They still have to play Chelsea and Man united but you can't see them dropping points against these 2 when you see how good they are compared to how average Man U and Chelski are. Give Leicester the title now.
  • Don't give anyone the title until nobody can mathematically catch them. The entire nation has jumped the gun on Leicester, the media narrative has been absolute horseshit for weeks. Don't get me wrong, I really, really want them to do it but for fuck's sake STOP SPEAKING TOO SOON
  • Sponsored links:

• ...unless they beat West Ham, then you can speak too soon ;)
  • I'd love Ibra to rock up there next year
  • Leuth said:

Don't give anyone the title until nobody can mathematically catch them. The entire nation has jumped the gun on Leicester, the media narrative has been absolute horseshit for weeks. Don't get me wrong, I really, really want them to do it but for fuck's sake STOP SPEAKING TOO SOON

They are in a much better position now then Liverpool were a few seasons ago with the same amount of games remaining...and the media were so far wedged up Liverpool and Gerrard's ass it was incredible.
  • West Ham could be a banana skin but it's not plain sailing for Spurs. I can't see them getting more than 4 points from Stoke and Chelsea away and WBA won't roll over at White Hart Lane. If Spurs get three wins and two draws that leaves Leicester five points to find, which I think Leicester will do. If Spurs win four and draw one that leaves Leicester needing seven points which will prove harder especially if West Ham make life difficult. Not all over yet.
  • I would be happy to see Spurs or Arsenal win it and my reason is purely on experiences with supporters had a few nightmare experiences with them.Two away days at old and new ground plus the home game at Upton Park

Wash your mouth out young man!

Only Liverpool and Millwall rank lower than the south London rejects...

And LutonTown. .....
  • edited April 2016
    Shame... Always knew it was going to happen... Guess it'll be the same if they have to go to Chelsea to win the title!! - Crazy because sites like Viagogo / Stubhub should surely be outlawed because they're simply allowing ticket touts which is illegal!!

The only way they should be allowed to remain in Business is if a ticket is listed for the EXACT amount he paid for it

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11712/10239929/tickets-for-leicesters-game-with-everton-priced-up-to-1638000-each
  • edited April 2016
    the fans on sunday with "north london mind the gap" signs were a bit much.
  • the fans on sunday with "north london mind the gap" signs were a bit much.

Why?

Why?
    well theyve had 1 great season and havent won the league yet just think calling out arsenal and spurs is a bit weird myself.

Why?
    Nah, they were hilarious, it's taking the mick out of Arsenal who always say mind the gap to Spurs. The champions scarves that that granny had were a bit much.