Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Leicester

Comments

• I must be one of the only people who hope they don't do it but i can't see them blowing it now

Why do you not want them to do it? I'm interested and can't think of any reasons why..
  • I must be one of the only people who hope they don't do it but i can't see them blowing it now

Why do you not want them to do it? I'm interested and can't think of any reasons why..
    Because they went skint. Knocked everyone and his uncle. Next season moved into The King Power. Think what Palace did but with knobs on.

• Leicester have won the League, they stand as much chance of messing it up as Charlton do of survival now!!
  • I would be happy to see Spurs or Arsenal win it and my reason is purely on experiences with supporters had a few nightmare experiences with them.Two away days at old and new ground plus the home game at Upton Park
  • edited April 2016

I must be one of the only people who hope they don't do it but i can't see them blowing it now

Because they went skint. Knocked everyone and his uncle. Next season moved into The King Power. Think what Palace did but with knobs on.

Really ?
    Seriously did not know that.
    Hate palace for doing that, so called bankruptcy but still keeping everything, honestly didn't know about Leicester.

Really ?
    Hate palace for doing that, so called bankruptcy but still keeping everything, honestly didn't know about Leicester.
    Add Swansea, Bournemouth and Southampton. That's 5 teams in the prem only because of bankruptcy.
  • Even more reasons now from shootershillguru
  • Add Swansea, Bournemouth and Southampton. That's 5 teams in the prem only because of bankruptcy.

don't think Swansea were bankrupt, a supporters' buy out saved them.

• Swansea were about 12 years ago. They were bottom of league 2.
  • Sponsored links:

• I checked it was 2002. They are also currently being investigated by the European Union on grounds of illegal help from a local council.
  • IAIA
    edited April 2016
    {...}

Really ?
    Add Swansea, Bournemouth and Southampton. That's 5 teams in the prem only because of bankruptcy.
    Only?
  • edited April 2016

Swansea were about 12 years ago. They were bottom of league 2.

but they didn't go into administration/bankrupt, supporter buy-out saved them

• edited April 2016

I must be one of the only people who hope they don't do it but i can't see them blowing it now

Really ?
    You could say that a club from South East London only made it into the Premier League in the late 90s because they almost went bankrupt and found the correct owners
  • Still can't see them doing it but surely they will
    Was cheering them on today , anyone but Spurs please
  • WSS said:

Once in a lifetime thing for these fans. It won't get any better.

They've got next seasons Champions league adventure to come.......
  • WSS said:

It will never been the same though. There's no way the team spirit will be the same next season after they've expanded the squad to cope with European football.

Not quite the same, but remember Ipswich's struggles after they reached the UEFA Cup
  • Sponsored links:

• I would be happy to see Spurs or Arsenal win it and my reason is purely on experiences with supporters had a few nightmare experiences with them.Two away days at old and new ground plus the home game at Upton Park

Wash your mouth out young man!

Only Liverpool and Millwall rank lower than the south London rejects...

• WSS said:

It will never been the same though. There's no way the team spirit will be the same next season after they've expanded the squad to cope with European football.

Not quite the same, but remember Ipswich's struggles after they reached the UEFA Cup
    I was thinking last night, if Leicester manage to replicate the form from this season into next... How many years will it be before people stop writing them off (i.e. No offence but if they're top by Christmas next year, people will still expect to see them drop off)

At the same time the fact they've got to worry about the Champions League next season means they'll surely get mid-table at best or might even struggle... I guess (and the reason I've quoted the above post) is, yes they're like Ipswich yet hopefully under Ranieri he'll know how to manage each of the games so they dont end up relegated as George Burley probably was out of his depth.
  • technically Champions League is not assured for them yet. If they can keep their top players and spend well in the summer, they could contend top 4 next year.
  • WSS said:

I was thinking last night, if Leicester manage to replicate the form from this season into next... How many years will it be before people stop writing them off (i.e. No offence but if they're top by Christmas next year, people will still expect to see them drop off)

Very true, bookies don't fancy them even up to yesterday. Runaway leaders, away to a side in the bottom 3 and they were 13/10 to win. Imagine if it was City or Chelsea in that position they'd be about 1/2.
  • They need to Spieth it right up for a Spurs to get a look in now.
  • Salad said:

technically Champions League is not assured for them yet. If they can keep their top players and spend well in the summer, they could contend top 4 next year.

They have definitely secured top four. But if you think there's any chance they'll have to play in qualifiers for the CL, I'd happily place a bet with you on that one!
  • If Liverpool win the Europa League and Manchester City finish outside the top three and win the Champions League, only the top three will qualify for the Champions League as each nation can only have a maximum of 5 teams, this is obviously not going to affect Leicester though.
  • Could effect Arsenal though!
  • Robbie Savage will be eating a piece of humble pie after saying earlier in the season that they could not and would not win it.