Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Shannon Briggs

Stormed Haye's press conference earlier. Ain't all there is he? Genuinely doesn't come across as very well.

Comments

• edited March 2016
    Have to agree with Haye on this one...doubt Briggs would pass his brain scan!
  • Let's go champ
  • Let's go champ

He's been repeating that since he landed 2 weeks ago...screw loose!
  • TelMc32 said:

Let's go champ

Been stalking Wlad Klitschko for years too after vitali hospitalised him. I think he might have even thrown a shoe at him but I could be imagining that.
  • edited March 2016
    The whole thing was a bit strange. Is there much of a history between the two?

Edit- just seen other posts. Forgot about his antics with Klitschko.
  • edited March 2016
    No, just checked I didn't imagine it....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZFIwPJqZKs
  • He's been repeating it for about 18 months

Some of the stuff he did to Klitschko was funny at first but it's getting old now.
  • edited March 2016
    I stand corrected! It's been a lot longer than 2 weeks apparently...

• The whole thing was a bit strange. Is there much of a history between the two?

Nope he's just a bit disturbed and trying to resurrect his career. Good way to promote himself I suppose but sadly making himself look silly and probably not in the best of mental health.

• edited March 2016

Totally staged looking at this

https://youtu.be/JDI95w_lhvs
  • Sponsored links:

• can't somebody get him involved with CARD and send him over to bust in on one of Duchatelet's business meetings.
  • Stormed Haye's press conference earlier. Ain't all there is he? Genuinely doesn't come across as very well.

Watch his interviews, especially the Hearn salesman one which is very interesting IMO. He is very sane and is just trying to get publicity for a fight. It was against Wladimir now it's against one of the top 3 in Britain. I think Hearn has signed him, he'll have a warm up fight then a shot against Joshua most likely.

It's self promotion, nothing staged.
  • Stormed Haye's press conference earlier. Ain't all there is he? Genuinely doesn't come across as very well.

Watch his interviews, especially the Hearn salesman one which is very interesting IMO. He is very sane and is just trying to get publicity for a fight. It was against Wladimir now it's against one of the top 3 in Britain. I think Hearn has signed him, he'll have a warm up fight then a shot against Joshua most likely.

Fair enough, hope that's the case rather than him having taken too many to the head. Will give it a watch mate.
  • He has issues
  • Dizzle said:

He has issues

Big ones?
  • edited March 2016

Stormed Haye's press conference earlier. Ain't all there is he? Genuinely doesn't come across as very well.

Agreed. He's very much the full ticket and is quite a canny operator when it comes to business.

He would sell any 'big' fight he's involved in purely off the back of his antics.

As Hearn mentions in the interview, a lot of people in boxing still regard him as a dangerous fighter and, as such, he's been avoided by a few people over the past few years.

Did you see the video where he makes the trip to Haye's gym to call him out outside? Very funny and yet another look into the 'not taking myself too seriously' mentality that he has when playing up to the camera.

I can't believe so many people see it as being a possible mental health/punch drunk issue. Laughable really and shows that a lot of people are very poor judges of character.

James Toney, now there's someone that's massively punch drunk
  • He was on Bunce's boxing hour and seemed totally sound of mind. Briggs finds it funny watching his antics and the look on peoples faces as much as the rest of us.
  • Jesus Eddie loves the sound of his own voice.
  • Sponsored links:

Agreed. He's very much the full ticket and is quite a canny operator when it comes to business.

He would sell any 'big' fight he's involved in purely off the back of his antics.

As Hearn mentions in the interview, a lot of people in boxing still regard him as a dangerous fighter and, as such, he's been avoided by a few people over the past few years.

Did you see the video where he makes the trip to Haye's gym to call him out outside? Very funny and yet another look into the 'not taking myself too seriously' mentality that he has when playing up to the camera.

I can't believe so many people see it as being a possible mental health/punch drunk issue. Laughable really and shows that a lot of people are very poor judges of character.

James Toney, now there's someone that's massively punch drunk
    I don't think you should make too much of people's judgement of character. I mean after all you are a Millwall fan.
  • TelMc32 said:

Let's go champ

It's a marketing ploy. He's put it on hats and t-shirts and says it over and over. Like a TV advert. He's gone from being mostly unknown over here (to the general, non-boxing-expert public at least) to back page news for saying one thing. That's actually quite impressive!
  • buckshee said:

Jesus Eddie loves the sound of his own voice.
    Not keen on how disrespectful he is to the A-Force. Pretty sure anyone with his dad's contacts could achieve what he has.