Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Wheelchair section in Jimmy Seed stand

http://www.levelplayingfield.org.uk/clubs/charlton-athletic

This website covers disabled facilities at football grounds. What I found interesting were the photos from the JS stand of the wheelchair section there (and how the view gets blocked when everyone stands up!)

When was this disabled section added?

Comments

• There's going to be a massive increase in the number of disabled seats available. Man Utd will lost 3,000 seats due to the new guidelines and looking at that guide we're some what (61%) below where we should be on the existing guidelines!
  • Big shortfall in availability, wonder when they will take note of this.
  • There's going to be a massive increase in the number of disabled seats available. Man Utd will lost 3,000 seats due to the new guidelines and looking at that guide we're some what (61%) below where we should be on the existing guidelines!

Do guidelines apply to non-league clubs? Because that's where we're gonna be in a few years time under this shower of shite.
  • http://www.levelplayingfield.org.uk/clubs/charlton-athletic

This website covers disabled facilities at football grounds. What I found interesting were the photos from the JS stand of the wheelchair section there (and how the view gets blocked when everyone stands up!)

Didn't know there was one there. I guess they could move the floor up a bit so they can see better?
  • doesnt standing come under the same regulations as throwing beach balls?
    Perhaps we should ask the regime if they are persuing the ongoing criminality in the Jimmy seed stand every week. Or is it just Charlton fans they are interested in.
  • http://www.levelplayingfield.org.uk/clubs/charlton-athletic

Didn't know there was one there. I guess they could move the floor up a bit so they can see better?
    If they raised the section, then it would impede the view from the upper section of the stand
  • This makes me think of the disabled section at Fulham. It was awful, as soon as anyone stood up the people sat there couldn't see. Surely that is something that should be taken into account when installing these.
  • I imagine these were put in as a very low cost option. That railing has always been there since we returned to the valley (supposedly to prevent tunnel visions as the walkway edges aren't parallel). So there was always dead-space there. just a case of cutting gaps in the railings and installing a handful of seats.