Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Club's tell me who met with Roland Duchatelet.. (People from Target20K and The Fans Forum)

edited March 2016 in General Charlton
I sent an email to the club on March 24th, as detailed here. (Beware, I waffle on in the email - in a very similar manner as I often do on here...!)

Today I've managed to get an answer from the club:
Thank you for your email.

In regards to Mr Duchatelet meeting fans, he met when a select group in February and there was a full exchange of views of issues like recruitment, communication, supporter relations, finance and commitment to the club. They were select people from the target20K group and fans forums.

We are disappointed that you are currently unhappy with the current state at the club but we are all working very hard to upturn the fortunes of CAFC for the better.

Kind Regards
The Supporters Relations Team
If you read my original email you'll see they didn't answer my concern about the group not being a fair representation of the fan base at the moment, and thus the meeting being pointless. However, Target20K are now implicated when I thought they had denied any involvement?

Comments

• Options
    Select people eh? Do they mean better than the rest of us?
  • Options
    Well that was kept very quiet !
  • Options
    And if you are a member of Target20K, there is a case to be made for sectioning you in the current climate. Might as well be target 20million!
  • Options
    So if I'm reading this correctly, the club has snubbed The Trust on numerous occasions and now admitted to talking with Target20K instead. Target20K being the group who keep mentioning being anonymous.
  • Options
    edited March 2016

I can 100% confirm Roland has not met with anybody from the Target 20k group. Quite surprising to see that response suggesting otherwise, i'm certainly interested to find out who was behind that and why they suggested so.

Well that's very interesting..
  • Options
    @MartinCAFC could you confirm this please?
  • Options
    edited March 2016

@MartinCAFC could you confirm this please?

He has above, as I was posting my other post.

I can 100% confirm Roland has not met with anybody from the Target 20k group. Quite surprising to see that response suggesting otherwise, i'm certainly interested to find out who was behind that and why they suggested so.

So this is potentially "Charlton Athletic lie to fans: SHOCK HORROR".
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It's always a group of fans the club selects. Hand picked to make sure they control the message.
  • Options
    All smoke and mirrors.
  • Options
    I see - so entry to this meeting was on how brown the attendee's tongues were I assume.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

OK splitting hairs.
    They were people from the target 20k group, so could be club employees.
    They were also people from the fans forums, so could be club employees.
    This is what they mean by select.

It does put Target20K in a bit of an awkward position by using their name in the email though, and I can understand why they would be pretty miffed. I agree though, I suspect this is very clever wording - almost like the wording you would expect from a lawyer ;)
  • Options
    I don't think you can honestly call paid employees a selection of fans though. Not in all truthfulness, whether they support the club or not.
  • Options
    Another crock of shit from these morons that unfortunately own our club.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2016
    So if no fans from Target 20k were spoken to that leaves the fans forum ? To whom did they speak from that group ?
  • Options
    If the club are trying hard to improve things with the fans, first thing they do after the Easter break is to high tail it to Scotland Yard and cobble together the latest statement.
    To be fair that took some effort, because they don't actually do any actual work otherwise.
    I picture them lounging around in offices, idly spitting orange pips into wastepaper bins, trying to outdo each other in thinking up the next thing to piss the fans off.
    They never engage with the real world because it is full of billboard salesmen.
    I would add bone idle, to incompetent and vindictive and deluded.
  • Options

This requires investigation - they can be embaressed here!

Are you kidding? Embarrass someone who can tell Charlton fans straight that every managerial appointment has proved to be a success? If you confront her with one lie she'll just tell another one, because she thinks she can get away with it. You can tell by the self-satisfied smile after she lies.

• Options
    Looks like they may have slipped up for a change... :wink:
  • Options
    Probably missed it, but,

Who are the CAFC Target 20k ?
    Do any of them work at The Valley ?
    Are any of them Fans Forum Reps ?
    Are any of them on the C.A.R.D. "board" ?
    Are any of them involved with Valley Gold ?

Actually, how many people are "CAFC Target 20K" ?