Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The thread about Boxing

Comments

• Options
    Carter said:

The Joseph Parker camp are investigating the possibility of appealing the points decision to Whyte on the grounds round 2 - when Parker was dropped by a head but - should not have gone 10-8 to Whyte on the scorecards, but instead would have gone 10-9 to Parker. That's their version anyway. Also, one of the judges gave round 1 to Whyte, surely Parker's best round - that's not the grounds for their appeal though.

Don't blame them, Whyte got away with everything on Saturday to the detriment of seeing a competitive fight. I don't think anyone expects a non contact event however how many fighters are going to come to Britain for a fight if they see such loose refereeing. They will come for a payday and lay down first chance they get which is not what o want to see
    I spoke to a few high profile coaches that have kept their powder dry and not commented publicly as they are not in eddies pocket but have fighters who are needing the promoter

None of them to a man can believe how little Stock IJL has taken for his part in the fight

If you get the chance to watch it back some of his decisions to ignore the most basic of fouls is astonishing i thought he was blind sided and that was my biggest issue as he should have been on the correct side

But there were more than 5 occasions when he allowed Whyte to rabbit punch, forearm , elbow and low blow whilst standing Face on with the offence it’s quite astonishing
  • Options
    Carter said:

The Joseph Parker camp are investigating the possibility of appealing the points decision to Whyte on the grounds round 2 - when Parker was dropped by a head but - should not have gone 10-8 to Whyte on the scorecards, but instead would have gone 10-9 to Parker. That's their version anyway. Also, one of the judges gave round 1 to Whyte, surely Parker's best round - that's not the grounds for their appeal though.

Don't blame them, Whyte got away with everything on Saturday to the detriment of seeing a competitive fight. I don't think anyone expects a non contact event however how many fighters are going to come to Britain for a fight if they see such loose refereeing. They will come for a payday and lay down first chance they get which is not what o want to see
    Doesn't change the fact that Parker offered fuck all for 10 rounds of the fight. The reffing was poor, but Whyte just roughed him up and this smacks of sore losing.
  • Options
    Croydon said:

Carter said:

Doesn't change the fact that Parker offered fuck all for 10 rounds of the fight. The reffing was poor, but Whyte just roughed him up and this smacks of sore losing.
    And that there is the problem of complaining about officials when you lose. I agree, he wasn't aggressive enough however he has never been a brawler and Whyte took the piss and got away with it. Like NLA said, Ian John-Lewis wasn't in a position where he could do anything about some of the blindside stuff but I thought of at least two occasions for the forearm stuff where he was going to take a point off Whyte
  • Options
    Just watched Farmer win down under to become world champ. Good fighter but will get brutalized by Tank I reckon.
  • Options
    Next gen been good tonight my mate masher got hard work tonight against joe cordina

I believe joe to be the real deal this is a step up and I am torn my love for masher and my will for joe
  • Options
    Masher is giving it a serious go.

Liked the fight before as well
  • Options
    got to do more though masher needs to really put it on him
  • Options
    Good round that. Good to see Cordina tested. Don't think I remember him from the Olympics, and I've only seen him spark a couple of Patsy's... Looks good though
  • Options
    If masher has the power to trouble him then we would know more about joe cordina but he just don’t have it
  • Options
    Plenty of daylight in those scorecards. Can't really argue though
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Is Mikey Garcia drunk? Just seen him calling out Errol Spence at welter... I really rate Garcia but Spence is a BIG welter, for Mikey to step up two weights and fight him is a suicide mission. Needless risk that noone is calling for... Give the people what thez want, take your big payday and fight Loma.
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:

Is Mikey Garcia drunk? Just seen him calling out Errol Spence at welter... I really rate Garcia but Spence is a BIG welter, for Mikey to step up two weights and fight him is a suicide mission. Needless risk that noone is calling for... Give the people what thez want, take your big payday and fight Loma.

Mikey Garcia v Spence would be more competitive than him v Lomachenko even if I do think he would be the most competitive fight for Lomachenko
  • Options
    Loma vs Garcia would be a great fight

I saw the weekend Gevonta davies wants the Loma fight
  • Options

Ha ha, he’d get his arse served to him by Loma, different levels.
  • Options

Of all the possible match-ups around the world of boxing, that's the one I'm most waiting for.
  • Options
    Lowe v Walsh rematch set for October 27th @ Copperbox
    Cheeseman v Byfield also on the card.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

Of all the possible match-ups around the world of boxing, that's the one I'm most waiting for.
    Me too
  • Options
    Carter said:

CAFCsayer said:

Mikey Garcia v Spence would be more competitive than him v Lomachenko even if I do think he would be the most competitive fight for Lomachenko
    Totally disagree... Spence would walk him down and smother him until he could find a knockout blow... Loma beats Garcia UD imo
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:

Carter said:

CAFCsayer said:

Totally disagree... Spence would walk him down and smother him until he could find a knockout blow... Loma beats Garcia UD imo
    I would favour Lomachenko over Garcia - but only just. It would be the toughest fight either of them would have had.

I would agree about Spence - way too big for Mikey.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

CAFCsayer said:

Carter said:

CAFCsayer said:

I would favour Lomachenko over Garcia - but only just. It would be the toughest fight either of them would have had.

I would agree about Spence - way too big for Mikey.
    Absolutely spot on this , Loma vs Garcia would be belter
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Anyone else watching the boxing this weekend?

Interesting fight with Karl Frampton vs Luke Jackson, fulfilling a lifelong dream for Frampton to fight at Windsor Park. Should be a routine win for Frampton, but Jackson is a tough little Aussie battler, who has had a somewhat unconventional ride to the get this opportunity – stranger things have happened in the ring.

The second Fury comeback fight is fascinating, as the result is a certainty, but it is the performance that is going to be critical for Fury. If he looks awful and ungainly, then the buzz and anticipation for the Wilder fight will lessen, but if he can put on a menacing and dominant performance, then it will set up the showdown with Wilder perfectly.

Was listening to Mike Costello on Five Live, and he was saying that Fury looked VERY GOOD in the gym last week, and that he had regained some of his athleticism and balletic movement – which would be a massive step in the right direction.

A fit, focussed and energised Fury beats Wilder all day long, and barring any disasters elsewhere, that would set up the ‘Super Fight’ with Joshua that we have all waited so long for – have been racking my brains and can’t think of a bigger fight in British boxing history – two Brits fighting each other to unify the World Heavyweight title!!!!!
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    It’s a fascinating weekend that will be greatly over shadowed with Wilder turning up and the whole charade after Tyson walks through this opponent, I still can’t belive that the wilder fight will happen although I was told on Monday November 10th is the date that is being aimed at so maybe it has more legs than I have it credit for

To me this hype is all about getting the wilder vs Joshua fight agreed not the Tyson bs Wilder fight but that might just turn out to be my cynical view of match making

Throws in to question the thoughts behind What Isaac Lowe has chosen to do

Since he left James Harrington to go with Ben Davison and the Tyson camp it all seems a tad strange if Tyson is getting the fight on the 10th Nov where will that leave the small fella as he is due to fight Walsh in the rematch two weeks before

There is not a hope in the world that Isaac Lowe’s needs will be the focus as the whole of the Tyson training camp will be 100% focused on Tyson and not on the needs of Lowe for the fight of his career the weeks before, surely at the time of that fight the big man will be in the USA on that part of his preparation. Could well be if the fight is made for the Nov 10th date that poor Isaac will be playing second fiddle or left out to fend for himself in a very difficult fight
  • Options
    Have to say that when I heard the talk of the Wilder/Fury fight, I was as equally as dubious as yourself. However having heard Frank Warren this morning, I think that a good performance on Saturday will see the fight happen.

When you think about it, it kind of makes sense, in that Wilder needs a big name on his record, to try and improve his negotiation position for the AJ fight. At the moment the Hearn’s are laughing at him, as they know that he needs them a lost more than they need him – beating Fury would change the dynamic slightly.

For Fury – was he ever going to have five warm up fights? Doesn’t strike me as the most patient of individuals, and if he feels that he is getting himself back to 2015 levels, then it is a fight he is going to take all day long.

Would be very interested in your thoughts on Ben Davison? It seems incredible that someone so inexperienced has found himself in this position! Heard him on the radio this morning, and he certainly talks a good game, but from what I understand he has practically zero experience in the professional game – how can he get in at such an elite level?

Would be interested in your opinion, as it seems a little unusual to say the least.
  • Options
    It’s a strange rise to the top for Ben but I can’t help but think that he is there because he makes Tyson feel happy and is more about the chemical balance in his head being on point than a tactical coach

He comes across more of a fitness coach than boxing trainer ,there’s been many things that I look at and wonder why are you doing that

I have seen some things when the pad work is being put out on social media that makes me question his methods ,

If I am not mistaken BJS was with him for what i thought was the worst I have ever seen BJS fight and he left the set up pretty quickly there after

I am a huge Tyson fan but I do not for one minute belive he is ready for wilder yet , a fit a sharp a well prepared Tyson beats them all

but that Tyson needs to be back with uncle Pete to achieve that or with someone big enough and brave enough to challenge him during Camp not just be the man who is fun to be around and that is where I see Ben
  • Options
    He was with BJS for one fight against Akavov in Glasgow, which was a total disaster by all accounts.

I head him trying to spin that one by saying that Jimmy Tibbs walked out on the camp 2 weeks prior to the fight, so he (Davidson) was left in the lurch, and he did well to get the win for BJS – make of that what you will.

You probably know as much as I do that Peter Fury was a massive part of the Klitcko win for Tyson, apparently he made them take down and re-assmeble the ring at least once, due to the spongey nature of the surface, which had been designed to slow Tyson down on the night. On top of that he has had a lifetime in the game, and experience in boxing is critical in those tight, horrible fights.

Davidson may well be somebody that Fury likes having around, but that isn’t the role of a trainer – that is a court jester! The trainer will earn his corn in the week before the fight, and in those crucial 40-50 seconds between rounds, where his reading of the fight needs to be spot on.

I think a fully fit and focussed Fury beats everyone in the division at a canter, with the exception of Joshua, whom I believe is still improving and has shown signs of real maturity in his last few fights. In my mind that fight is split right down the middle, genuinely can’t pick a winner.
  • Options
    I agree totally with all you say witbthe exception of the AJ fight , IF Tyson can get back to the level he was at for Klitch then AJ won’t land a glove of note on him until it’s up close and AJ won’t be able to get the power required to trouble him

There was so much that Pete done in the days weeks and mins before that fight even only thirty mins before the fight the Fury’s were prepared to walk away due to things going on

I have total respect for the whole lot of John Fury is a formidable man with knowledge that shocked me about boxing he is like an encyclopedia with a presence that is gangster like very imposing man

Pete has seen it all been there wore the t shirt and is a very astute tactical coach and great man manager and a fucking tough bstd as are they all

Tyson don’t ever underestimate this man there is a shrewd clever calculating man behind the joker that many see, like his father his knowledge of boxing and the beautiful art that is required to be the best is there he like his father is a walking encyclopedia of of boxing knows every trick and tactic in the book , is amazingly fast footed and ballerina like for a big man, i have seen it close up I have witnessed just how good he is and how humble kind and genuine he is a more generous person I am yet to meet he would do anything for anyone at all times, a great great fella

Shane his brother never too far behind the big man and another huge personality a huge man but their boxing knowledge is immense you want to sit and talk boxing you need to know your stuff because if you were really interested and burning the candle And taking boxing all of the above men will sit and talk in depth about it for hours at a time ,

Ben is a very strange choice based on all the above but Tyson likes him and the mental side of Tyson does need to be in tune maybe ben fits this part of the program and it’s part we are not party to understanding but it’s the weak link in the chain for me

• Options
    Told ya wilder will over shadow the actual fight this will just be wwe style fight hype

But looking more like the wilder fight will be made on 10th November

Poor Isaac may have just made a big big mistake in changing coaches
  • Options
    Press being invited for "an announcement" at BT Tower on Monday.

I've said before, as have many others far more knowledgeable than me, on his day Tyson beats everyone....easily too.

Just wish he was still working with Peter.
  • Options
    10th November in Vegas I was told last night is the venue and date being discussed

BJS just threw a half a chicken at wilder I must admit I do wish I was out there with them watching this lunacy take place all over social media

Wilder falling over is brilliant

BJS taken it to another level wilder is fuming proper tonight

I had two mates in Nando’s that said billy has drove wilder mad with texts and calls then done that fair play to him but he ran like a cheetah out of there
  • Options
    Where is Hughie on the mix? Unbeaten? Seems a handful.