Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The thread about Boxing

Comments

• I still have Robbie 1 up 
    I do now - but very close.
  • What a finish 
  • What a fight though no complaints of it went either way 

but the judges can’t have it more than 1 or 2 rds difference or it’s a travesty 
  • Never ever a 116-112 

One or two rounds in that not 4 
  • Brilliant fight.
  • Brilliant fight but 4 and 5 rds ffs that’s shocking 
  • Tough boys both of them brilliant fight totally agree Bob
  • The conditioning of fighters these days is consistently exceptional. So many fights stay on the gas now for the full 12
  • Brilliant fight but 4 and 5 rds ffs that’s shocking 
    Not that wide, I agree - but the right result I think.
  • edited October 2019
    bobmunro said:
    Brilliant fight but 4 and 5 rds ffs that’s shocking 
    Not that wide, I agree - but the right result I think.
    Was that good a fight that it could’ve gone either way by a rd or two I have no issue witb Ritson winning mate on to taylor next week 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited October 2019

I see interviews on IFL with Cheeseman saying Sky are corrupt and were never on his side. Saying all they want was the Fitz v Fowler rematch.

I think when he watches the fight back, he may retract those comments as I really didn't see it that way myself. I thought Sky, especially Matt Macklin was saying a lot of good things about him.

Clearly it was grating on him, pun intended.

• Looking forward to this weekend though, gutted its PPV as I'm not sure it quite warrants that.

However, good 50/50 with Prograis Taylor and a sense of intrigue with Chisora/Price, although I personally only see Price suffering a bad KO.

Ngabu looks a decent fighter and I hope he will pose some problems for Okolie, who hasn't really done much to impress me... despite all the hype matchroom/sky seem to be giving him.

If I was betting on these three I'd go:

Taylor pts

Chisora KO

Okolie pts

14/1 on the treble.

• For anyone criticising Tyson Fury for having a WWE match , I've just heard they're paying him 12 million for it! That's an obscene amount of money . to put it into context, He got 2 million for his fight with Wilder 

12 million for 1 nights work in a fake fight.  I don't blame him for doing it!
  • I see interviews on IFL with Cheeseman saying Sky are corrupt and were never on his side. Saying all they want was the Fitz v Fowler rematch.

I think when he watches the fight back, he may retract those comments as I really didn't see it that way myself. I thought Sky, especially Matt Macklin was saying a lot of good things about him.

Clearly it was grating on him, pun intended.

I think Ted was being told by his team that he was clearly ahead and they would’ve been getting this from the sky team , all to a man was saying ted was way in front when most who understand the game knew it was closer, I had Ted 5-2 up at one stage but even some of those rds the hits to the gloves were not really getting through ,

ted needs to go back to the drawing board he needs to totally re evaluate the style he wants to perfect , you can not defend with your face there’s no longevity there and yes he done some beautiful work on Saturday but he also got sucked in to rushing shots 

if you want to be an on the move boxer then timing and patience plus not wasting the shot when it becomes available is key, 

ted never done this for three rds he did but 4-5-6 he rushed shots he wasn’t as patient as he needed to be and he got drawn in to the fight Fitzy wanted 

I will be biased to a degree with regards to wanting most Steve Wood fighters to win I can’t help it he is a good mate but I feel I am honest enough to see the fight and score it without bias 

I had Fitzy by 2 woodsy had him by 4 but ted lost that fight 100% and will lose against Fowler if he goes into it with the same mindset 
  • Looking forward to this weekend though, gutted its PPV as I'm not sure it quite warrants that.

However, good 50/50 with Prograis Taylor and a sense of intrigue with Chisora/Price, although I personally only see Price suffering a bad KO.

Ngabu looks a decent fighter and I hope he will pose some problems for Okolie, who hasn't really done much to impress me... despite all the hype matchroom/sky seem to be giving him.

Taylor pts

Chisora KO

Okolie pts

14/1 on the treble.

Very good card 

taylor pts
    chisora KO 
    okolie Stopage/ko 

is where my money would go 

Taylor pts

Chisora KO

Okolie pts

14/1 on the treble.

Very good card 

taylor pts
    chisora KO 
    okolie Stopage/ko 

9/1 on that one mate if you were a betting man. 
  • I really rate Josh Taylor, Prograis is a hard fight and I don't think Taylor will look to land big punches or gamble and will get a points win. Okolie is a horrible fighter to watch but he will win and I think Chisora is the wrong opponent for Price. However that fight has the potential to be a shootout if Chisora gets buzzed 

Taylor 
    Chisora 
    Okolie 9/1 is excellent value 
  • Ryan Burnett forced to retire through injury’s 
  • That's a real shame for him and northern ireland. Very unlucky the injury and he was on his way to doing some good stuff in the sport 

Taylor pts

Chisora KO

Okolie pts

14/1 on the treble.

Very good card 

taylor pts
    chisora KO 
    okolie Stopage/ko 

9/1 on that one mate if you were a betting man. 
    I will have a nibble at that 

taylor seems pumped and I reckon he might go for the ko 
  • Sponsored links:

• Prograis isn't usually there to be hit let alone knocked out so I'd love Taylor to box sensibly and frustrate Prograis then pick him off in the second half 
  • I’m out tonight but really want to watch the boxing if I can. Anyone know of a channel on IPTV that will show it?
  • Carter said:
    Prograis isn't usually there to be hit let alone knocked out so I'd love Taylor to box sensibly and frustrate Prograis then pick him off in the second half 
    Taylor on points to me is printing money but I think that Prograis showing such calm and professional approach to this fight being in uk 3 weeks prior is just irking taylor and he will want to make a huge statement 

this is what makes this fight so interesting if he does do that then Prograis is capable of punishing him 
  • Ryan Burnett forced to retire through injury’s 
    Pity, always a fan of his
  • I’m out tonight but really want to watch the boxing if I can. Anyone know of a channel on IPTV that will show it?
    Half decent stream here:

http://crackstreams.com/boxingstreams/watch-dazn-prograis-vs-taylor/

• who's everyone got for Burns V Selby?

Burns by KO middle to late rounds for me.
  • edited October 2019
    Selby's snooker is better than Burns' batting.....

I'm not the greatest boxing tipster but fancy Selby. I also think Price might surprise Chisora. Puncher's chance and all that.

Bet the opposite and you might make some money!
  • Price sounded and looked fucking petrified when he was interviewed just then. Chisora to stop him Price needs to get an early breakthrough else he just loses all self belief 
  • Think that might be the end of the road for Ricky Burns now. Good career despite falling off the rails a bit. 
  • Missed that knockdown first time, took one on the top of the head