Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The thread about Boxing

Comments

• Anna Woolhouse will have to rethink her outfits   
  • Are there any boxing fans in Saudi Arabia?  What’s the thinking behind that one I wonder.  How many AJ fans will make the trip.  Could be another Rumble  in the Jungle I suppose holding a big fight way off the beaten track.
  • Are there any boxing fans in Saudi Arabia?  What’s the thinking behind that one I wonder.  How many AJ fans will make the trip.  Could be another Rumble  in the Jungle I suppose holding a big fight way off the beaten track.
    Eddie was in a hole a big one Dazn wanted USA and sky the UK this is a Cowards way out for Eddie and matchroom and will be the down fall of the relationship between one or both companies 
  • I personally wouldn’t have gone but i’m sick to the back teeth of stuff like this going on in boxing. The Sauerlands done the same thing with the WBSS and it drives me mad, and no surprise Hearn is now just selling the sports soul for as much money as he can. 
  • Reckon it will sell well in Saudi Arabia ticket wise, doubt too many will go (not exactly first choice for a piss up) but it's two fingers to the fans of both fighters.
  • Archie Sharpe fighting again end of September at RAH. He’s Millwall, but family of a friend and a proper good lad. Exciting fighter aswell.
  • Kovalev v Yarde about to start on BT Sport.
  • edited August 2019
    Yarde wins this for me.

Come on Yarde
  • Yarde had his chance and didn't take it.
  • edited August 2019
    Throwing at air in the 8th ended up gassing him out. Threw the fight away. 

Kovalev's second wind came and Yarde had nothing left. 
  • Sponsored links:

• 9th round was key

Yarde had Kovalev in the 8th, so much so his trainer said 1 more big punch and I am ending it, Yarde needed to come out in the 9th and attack but he didnt and thats when he lost the fight
  • edited August 2019
    Nobody can knock Yarde for stepping up, his stock value hasnt decreased at all after that fight.

He totally gassed himself in the 8th, he had nothing left in the tank to apply the pressure in the 9th. Hence why he was finished with a jab, I think anybody could've hit him with a jab and floored him after that 8th round, he literally had zero in the tank at that point.

Left it all in the ring and showed the heart of a lion, I respect him even more now and there is 100% big fights to come for him in the future.

No interest in Loma/Campbell this weekend though, not even a competitive fight. Fury Povetkin is a snoozefest too, not much on that card that appeals to me.
  • Wasted opportunity, Yarde had a chance to beat an aging and past it kovalev , showed nothing to me in the performance other than not sparring and playing pattacake on pads is for mugs 

physically he looks good technically sound ability to be a champ not unless many things change including his training schedule 
  • Anyone else going along tomorrow? I've got tickets in the cheap seats, but not been to the O2 for boxing before so looking forward to it. Not the most exciting card, but seeing Loma in the flesh will be something to tell the grandkids in several decades time. Should be a substantial piss up... Going with a bunch of scousers
  • This may have already been discussed so apologies in advance but what has happened with Amir Khan, has he totally lost it, one too many defeats?
  • A lot of money has seemingly gone on Fury to win in round 2 tonight. Now as short as 8/1 with some bookies, down from 66.

Yet Fury's odds to win and win by KO haven't really changed much. Very strange.
  • Buatsi isn't impressive at all
  • He won, but not overly impressed
  • McBobbin said:
    He won, but not overly impressed
    He was in second gear all fight and still battered him mate trust me buatsi is unreal 
  • Hughie never fails to bore you watching his fights
  • Sponsored links:

• Hughie lost and was gash. Eddie sucks all balls. I just want to watch Loma proper champ
  • McBobbin said:
    He won, but not overly impressed
    He was in second gear all fight and still battered him mate trust me buatsi is unreal 
    Seen him fight before, hear what you are saying
  • Hughie ain’t a heavyweight 

i dont know where he should be sitting tbh 
  • Hugie stunk the place out... Cat wait for this though
  • Hughie v Kash Ali probably be a good matchup
  • Just don't see how Campbell can land enough to hurt Loma, over in 4 i think.
  • mendonca said:
    Hughie v Kash Ali probably be a good matchup
    Kash Ali said it was a tasty proposition 
  • Sky commentary is such a joke
  • Fair play to Campbell, didn't think he had this in him,  I don't think he will win but he has surprised me.
  • He's been impressive and very well focused