Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The thread about Boxing

Comments

• Options
    Warrington all the way... No fan of Kid Galahad at all, though I rate him as a boxer. Should be a decent scrap as well
  • Options
    Row A get the fuck in (sorry Afka) but I ain’t never been row A yet 
  • Options
    Row A get the fuck in (sorry Afka) but I ain’t never been row A yet 
    The first 20 rows are numbered - then they start with the letters ;-)

Have a great night, D.

My youngest is in Vegas with his girlfriend. He booked the trip way in advance of the Fury fight announcement but it would have been rude not to be in the Garden Arena tonight. One of my regular Vegas buddies is also over there playing in the World Series (poker) and he'll be at the fight too. Jealous? Me? Too bloody right!
  • Options
    Galahad won that fight. Awful scorecards.
  • Options
    cs1986 said:
    I wouldn’t go that far. It was a very close, scrappy fight and could have gone either way with the judges. All three results would have been understandable.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    cs1986 said:
    I wouldn’t go that far. It was a very close, scrappy fight and could have gone either way with the judges. All three results would have been understandable.
    Warrington was wild. Galahad landed the cleaner shots. I haven't seen anyone on boxing forums score the fight to Warrington. Was shocked he didn't fight the way he usually does he seemed not too come forward eniugh.
  • Options
    Bloody awful fight, warm up fight was good thou atleast
  • Options
    Galahad won rd 1 and 2 then tied up spoiled and held for 10 rds 

right decision and off to Vegas we go for Santa Cruz in December 
  • Options
    Saw the weigh in.... Fury looks like a fat slob. What the hell is wrong with this division?
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    I hope too many people did not pay money to see that.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Saw the weigh in.... Fury looks like a fat slob. What the hell is wrong with this division?
    Being in shape is so last year, sorry last month, But as the likes of Joshua and Bruno showed, all well and good having a superb Physique but if you can't take a punch because you lose your spirit and your senses when taking blows to head, chin and body then better to be Tyson Fury or Andy Ruiz who have relished the scrap and have fighting in their DNA.
    Joshua is a few classes above the lovely guy that is Frank Bruno but they were both manufactured fighters and not born fighters, especially Fury who came out the womb punching.
  • Options

Agree with this. I think a draw would have been fair but you can't come to the champ and just expect to spoil your way to a decision, you've got to go out and win convincingly.
  • Options
    Great performance by Fury. He's a fascinating fighter to watch. So much skill and combined with the fact he just seems to love fighting. Don't feel like that's the case with AJ. 
  • Options
    Croydon said:

Agree with this. I think a draw would have been fair but you can't come to the champ and just expect to spoil your way to a decision, you've got to go out and win convincingly.

One of Barrys team came into the dressing room after and admitted the tactics were wrong and the right result stood 

I was a little bit worse for where on the complementary bar so my comments to Dom and his team about their tactics were not received as well and it looked like a better fight could’ve taken place after even though they were still a bit grabby 

😭
  • Options
    Fury is class
  • Options
    Loma vs Luke Campbell in the UK confirmed ... Aug31
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    That’s just so poor. Good for Luke to get a shot but it’s just a massive mismatch in my opinion.

On the flip side at least there will be a Saturday Fight Night on Sky again. Hearn has ruined my appetite for boxing by taking it to the US. I just can’t get on with Warren. He annoys me greatly.
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    That’s just so poor. Good for Luke to get a shot but it’s just a massive mismatch in my opinion.

On the flip side at least there will be a Saturday Fight Night on Sky again. Hearn has ruined my appetite for boxing by taking it to the US. I just can’t get on with Warren. He annoys me greatly.
    If Loma didn’t fight in mismatches then he would hardly fight at all. 
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:

If Loma didn’t fight in mismatches then he would hardly fight at all. 
    That’s a great point!
  • Options
    Looks likely to be the o2
    Great chance to see Loma live 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Looks likely to be the o2
    Great chance to see Loma live 
    Time to sell my kidney I think. 
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Not a fight, but its about a former Boxer,  I was Watching Celebrity Gogglebox and Chris Eubank was crying when Jack died in Titanic 
  • Options
    Not a fight, but its about a former Boxer,  I was Watching Celebrity Gogglebox and Chris Eubank was crying when Jack died in Titanic 
    Loved him as a boxer......but he’s such a bellend. 
  • Options
    Tyson Fury announces a rematch with Wilder has been signed.

"Wilder rematch has been confirmed and signed. 22nd of February, it’s on – the rematch.

This time I haven’t been out the ring for three year. This time I haven’t been abusing too much alcohol. And this time I’m going to knock him the f*** out."

• Options
    Tyson Fury announces a rematch with Wilder has been signed.

"Wilder rematch has been confirmed and signed. 22nd of February, it’s on – the rematch.

This time I haven’t been out the ring for three year. This time I haven’t been abusing too much alcohol. And this time I’m going to knock him the f*** out."

Ages away so things could still stop it but great news. He will knock him the f out next time
  • Options
    Maxi Hughes back in the frame for the English light weight title stopping unbeaten kieren Mclaren in the 4th with some absolutely ferocious body shots . I wanted him to retire as I couldn’t bare seeing him go down the journeyman route but hats off to Steffy Bull getting him an eliminator shot 

jimmy harrington 
    sean Ohagan 
    nick manors 

done a great job getting him mentally prepared and physically ready 

one last go kid let’s do it one of the nicest men in the game and deserves the opportunity to try for a decent title 

• Options
    For anyone that's unaware as I don't think it's been hugely advertised,  Amir Khan & Hughie Fury are both in action tonight on Channel 5

The fights are in Saudi Arabia, which is a bit weird 
  • Options
    Billy Dib retired after the Farmer fight last year, at Super Feather 9st 4
    He “came back” for an 8 rounder in April which he won in the 1st round - this one at lightweight, 9st 9

now he’s fighting Khan on 2 weeks notice at 10st 7

understand it’s a late replacement for Khans exhibition India vs Pakistan battle but the Dib fight is a joke.
  • Options
    Khan will blitz him very quickly, Billy Dibb as said above is out if nick, rusty and way too small for Khan 

Hence it's on channel 5 and nobody gives 2 hoots 
  • Options
    By the letter of the law the ref could have DQ’d Khan there.
    Although the towel came in from Dibs corner first Khans cornerman came into the ring before the fight was stopped so technically a disqualification, not that it would ever happen, but just imagine the chaos that would have followed.