Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The thread about Boxing

Comments

• Options
    Got up in time to see the last 2 minute's!!! Back to bed now.
  • Options
    It’s impossible not to like Danny Jacobs. Would love to see him get the GGG rematch.
  • Options
    buckshee said:

Fair play to Rocky for giving it a go. Could have been nasty.

As for Canelo there’s no denying his class but he’s got the middleweight belts with a dodgy points win and let’s not lie about it that super middle belt ain’t a real world title belt is it.
    Let’s also not forget that he’s a doper......
  • Options
    buckshee said:

Fair play to Rocky for giving it a go. Could have been nasty.

Weird one really as despite the knock downs he was always throughing back, would’ve been nice to see him given until the end of the forth but he was never going to win.

As for Canelo there’s no denying his class but he’s got the middleweight belts with a dodgy points win and let’s not lie about it that super middle belt ain’t a real world title belt is it.
    The more you think back to the GGG fight, and then the DAZN deal announced straight after it, it's pretty clear Canelo was never going to lose that fight, way way too much money at stake.

As for this fight, complete mis-match but fair play to Fielding for taking the chance and getting his biggest ever pay day.
  • Options
    Exhibition fight that IMO , fielding never went into it thinking he could win no one in the whole camp did ,ridiculous to think people paid for tickets , I’d like to see cannelo Vs cal smith

But cannello would win that also same punch that done rocky but would be a few rds later
  • Options
    I don’t think Cannelo threw a single shot that didn’t land
  • Options
    buckshee said:

It’s impossible not to like Danny Jacobs. Would love to see him get the GGG rematch.

Danny Jacobs is an absolute gentleman and for many reasons he is easily my favourite boxer/sportsman on the planet.
  • Options

Exhibition fight that IMO , fielding never went into it thinking he could win no one in the whole camp did ,ridiculous to think people paid for tickets , I’d like to see cannelo Vs cal smith

But cannello would win that also same punch that done rocky but would be a few rds later

Agreed, Canelo beats Smith in the same way.

I'm not sure where Canelo is going to get his next 10 opponents from for his 11 fight deal. GGG again, Jacobs, Smith - then what?
  • Options
    BJS, Charlo, Andrade?
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:

BJS, Charlo, Andrade?

OK - but what have the Romans ever done for us?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I genuinely think the only people who stand a chance against him are GGG and BJS
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:

I genuinely think the only people who stand a chance against him are GGG and BJS

Probably right - although I would expect him to school GGG if the third fight ever happens.

Jacobs is a better boxer but lacks the power.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

CAFCsayer said:

Probably right - although I would expect him to school GGG if the third fight ever happens.

Jacobs is a better boxer but lacks the power.
    I agree Alavarez wins third GGG and it will be fairly clear however he will never school GGG.
  • Options
    Only GGG can offer him any competition, he beats BJS and puts him over within 8
  • Options

Beg to differ, BJS is extremely hard to hit
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:

Hasn't always been mate, he is a beautiful boxer when he's in his game and he is tough as they come, he can take a punch well. And he's had to on a few occasions. Alvarez had it easy against Fielding who stood there to be hit and to a degree Golovkin dies that as well. I'd love to see Alvarez v Saunders
  • Options
    Carter said:

CAFCsayer said:

Hasn't always been mate, he is a beautiful boxer when he's in his game and he is tough as they come, he can take a punch well. And he's had to on a few occasions. Alvarez had it easy against Fielding who stood there to be hit and to a degree Golovkin dies that as well. I'd love to see Alvarez v Saunders
    Not one for the casuals, but the Lemieux fight was one of my favourite performances ever. If that Billy Joe turns up, he beats Canelo imo
  • Options

Not sure Canelo would be comfortable at all with this kind of movement
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:

Carter said:

CAFCsayer said:

Not one for the casuals, but the Lemieux fight was one of my favourite performances ever. If that Billy Joe turns up, he beats Canelo imo
    I agree, he boxed the best has ever boxed that night and it was exceptional. Alvarez and Lemiuex are a couple of league's apart though For what it's worth I'd give Billy-Joe more than a hope of beating Alvarez, nasty problem is he has not one shot KO or the power that Alvarez does, at Light middleweight vs Floyd He seemed a bit drained, at super middleweight he looks like a monster and I fear would cut the ring off too and be too powerful for Billy-Joe
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Canelo and lemieux are barely the same sport the gap in class is so big.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Canelo v Jacobs for May 4th in final stages of negotiations.
    Could be confirmed as early as this week according to various reports
  • Options

Canelo v Jacobs for May 4th in final stages of negotiations.
    Could be confirmed as early as this week according to various reports

That would be in Vegas I would guess - Cinco de Mayo weekend, or possibly Dallas. Would love it to be MSG though.

Either way, one I'm likely to go to.

• Options
    Interesting piece on the BBC about this weekend's PPV clash:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/46608529
  • Options

I think only World Title fights should be PPV.
  • Options
    I would hazard a guess that the Warren card is selling terribly for BJS to be added so late
  • Options
    Greenie said:

I think only World Title fights should be PPV.
    Agreed. Hearn should be ashamed of himself for deliberately causing this clash. At least Warrington and Frampton are fighting for a world title. Whyte v Chisora should be nowhere near a PPV. I know it's not fair on the boxers but i hope Hearn's card does poorly which might make him think twice in future. The sad thing is it probably won't.
  • Options
    Had a catch-up with Nathan Gorman's sports physio today and he said Nathan has been schooling Del Boy in sparring. He doesn't think he's up for the fight and if true Whyte by stoppage is the bet.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

Had a catch-up with Nathan Gorman's sports physio today and he said Nathan has been schooling Del Boy in sparring. He doesn't think he's up for the fight and if true Whyte by stoppage is the bet.

Thanks for the info mate I thought the hook up with whyte was weird.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

That'll be Chisora by ko, Bruce Willis in pulp fiction style then, after I've lumped a few grand on Whyte after this tip off... ;)
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

I was with a lad that put sonny Edwards over twice in sparring and schooled him every single time they went into the ring , one fighting for a title the over a 4 fight unbeaten fresh faced kid just getting back out there after a long layoff due to her majesty’s pleasure

Sparring mate as we know mars counts for nowt, I heard that Dillion’s roatary cuff injury has returned

I also believe if this is true Del Boy could be saying night night early as whyte won’t another war but the one thing del has is heart and grit so no Matter what camp he has had this is going to be a war