Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The thread about Boxing

Comments

• Just read the article and seen the trainer and sparring partner have been suspended by the board.
    Correct decision.
  • Rumours the Eubank fight is off.
    ITV have apparently pulled out and (unsurprisingly) the Eubanks can't find a replacement broadcaster.
  • Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest. For once I wholeheartedly agree with both Frank Warren and Eddie Hearn on this matter.

ITV I hope have not had their fingers permanently burned by this and get back into domestic boxing broadcasting but this was stupidity from the get go
  • Eddie Hearn reckons it's not true now anyway.
    So maybe the show will go on.

Still a joke though, what is it now, 5 weeks away?
    Still not even put tickets on sale. PPV supposed to be £20
    And Eubank Jnr is preparing for his "world title shot" by sparring dizzie fucking rascal.
  • £20 on ppv against a guy who's had 12 professional fights. Fucking joke.

I'm glad boxing is back on ITV but they need to bin this ridiculous idea!
  • Nicola Adams turns professional & signs with Frank Warren.

I'm not a fan of women boxing, but I think she'll be world champ within a year
  • Potential Khan v Brook fight has failed to be agreed too.

Khan wanted a 70/30 split whereas Brook and Hearn wanted 50/50 and promotional rights.

Probably fair to have it down the middle at 60/40 as Khan is still the bigger name around the world (especially USA), plus giving up promotion to Hearn on top.
  • http://www.boxingnewsonline.net/michael-watson-hospitalised-after-attack-in-chingford/

Absolute fucking disgrace, really are some shitty human beings around
  • Sponsored links:

• Lomachenko , quite simply wow. He's going to have to go up to lightweight now to get a fight.

I'm praying that BT shell out the dough and get him over here to fight Flanagan , desperate to see Lomachenko live
  • Ricky Burns currently being beat by Indongo in a unification fight.
  • Beat? He's getting destroyed
  • edited April 2017
    Ohara Davies is a moron.
  • Wouldn't give Burns a single round of this fight. So expect a split decision.
  • Haha. 116-112
  • Burns never won a round . I'm not sure what fight those judges was watching.
  • Love to see Indongo fight Crawford next.
    Crawford is my favourite non UK fighter but mostly because it's so rare to have all 4 world titles on the line in one fight. Chance to have an undisputed champ.
  • Coldwell called that right. Indongo won every round & is deservedly holding 2 belts tonight. Not sure what went wrong with Burns, but that was as one-sided a fight as I have seen.
  • edited April 2017
    That was the way to win a fight away from home and not leave it open to a home decision - as much as the third judge seemed to do his best to see it differently. Took it away from Burns from the start.

And see the Joshua v Klitschko pay per view is £3 more than usual at £19.95, with a Scott Quigg non world title fight the highlight of the undercard.
    Will no doubt still sell in big numbers, but certainly makes the Kodi or other stream option more appealing.
  • Sponsored links:

• Suspect they will have announce a chief support this week, surely can't just have Quigg and a few Olympians.
    Co-promotion though so I guess they wanted most of dosh in the main event as per most Klitshko's previous cards
  • Ohara Davies is a moron.

I know Ohara and I admit he does rub people up the wrong way acting the idiot at times but it's all for the camera and playing the game. He is a nice kid really.

I know Ohara and I admit he does rub people up the wrong way acting the idiot at times but it's all for the camera and playing the game. He is a nice kid really.
    He is awful on camera though. His trash talk is abysmal. He doesn't annoy people in the way he thinks he is. He tries to act like Broner but has zero charisma and wit. Should just leave him to be a nob on twitter and/or let his fists do the talking.

He is awful on camera though. His trash talk is abysmal. He doesn't annoy people in the way he thinks he is. He tries to act like Broner but has zero charisma and wit. Should just leave him to be a nob on twitter and/or let his fists do the talking.
    I know I get that mate and I agree a lot of with what you are saying.On the flip side him carrying on like that on Twitter with Derry Matthews got him that fight. He should tone it down in my opinion. Like I say he is a nice kid away from that and he has the ability to go along way.
  • edited April 2017

Ohara Davies is a moron.

I know I get that mate and I agree a lot of with what you are saying.On the flip side him carrying on like that on Twitter with Derry Matthews got him that fight. He should tone it down in my opinion. Like I say he is a nice kid away from that and he has the ability to go along way.
    Just hope he doesn't alienate everyone before his first loss like Degale did.

Because if you are getting fans to buy tickets to see you get beat once that happens its a long way back to get them to buy tickets to see you win again.

Just hope he doesn't alienate everyone before his first loss like Degale did.

Because if you are getting fans to buy tickets to see you get beat once that happens its a long way back to get them to buy tickets to see you win again.
    Agree 100%.
  • Sky sports box office is currently blocked on card sharing services so looks like I'll be looking for a stream for Joshua vs Klitschko
  • Anyone watching the boxing on BT Sport?
  • Nope