Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The thread about Boxing

Comments

• Options
    Awful defence from Kelly so far but winning with ease
  • Options
    Has a touch of Eubank Jnr about him for me
  • Options

Much better boxing skill but I do agree he seems to defends with his face like eubank jnr
  • Options

I hope you are wrong but I kind of agree with you. His aggression and attack is really promising and at thisndtage if his career he's making a name for himself and looking good against people he should look good against but I think if he fights someone with a decent tank and proper ring craft, like another full time pro he will struggle. I hope I'm just beig over my harsh, loads of people on Facebook have gone mad for him and I get why but I'm keeping my powder dry with him currently
  • Options
    Carter said:

I hope you are wrong but I kind of agree with you. His aggression and attack is really promising and at thisndtage if his career he's making a name for himself and looking good against people he should look good against but I think if he fights someone with a decent tank and proper ring craft, like another full time pro he will struggle. I hope I'm just beig over my harsh, loads of people on Facebook have gone mad for him and I get why but I'm keeping my powder dry with him currently
    exactly what I am thinking.
  • Options

Lewis Ritson take a bow son he is a heavy handed lightweight wow he just swings and hits and hurts

Just looked him up, something must've clicked with him.

Won 5 of his first 6 fights on points which is obviously ok but not exactly eye catching. Since then he's stopped 9 of his 10 opponents.
  • Options

Lewis Ritson take a bow son he is a heavy handed lightweight wow he just swings and hits and hurts

Just looked him up, something must've clicked with him.

Won 5 of his first 6 fights on points which is obviously ok but not exactly eye catching. Since then he's stopped 9 of his 10 opponents.
    All his amateur fights were at welterweight now at light weight so he should have power way above the weight

He is going to reach a point where he will struggle to make weight down and then he will have to transfer the power to his natural size

Very much like jamie Mac in that regard for me who I still don’t understand how he used to walk around Donny at 11st 2-4 lb and look in top shape but fought at bantam weight dropping 3 stone to 8 stone 1lb and still have the transfer of power

Ritson was going to quit boxing so something has happened something has changed certainly looks like he loves to fight which is exciting

• Options
    Looking at his record mate more deeply he fought at super lightweight for the first 5 out of 6 at pro which may have been the explanation for his points victories
  • Options
    @nth london addick out of interest whats the frequency of drug testing like at domestic level?
  • Options
    His first 6 or so fights were all 4 or 6 rounds. I know his recent wins have been rapid, but early on maybe he was just content to box and get some rounds in, especially if we was well on top?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

@nth london addick out of interest whats the frequency of drug testing like at domestic level?

I have been at fights where it’s quite regimented and well managed and I have been at fights where I have witnessed the poorest of management and no tests at all

I know that the guys at freedom check their own fighters randomly and I would expect this to be done at most gyms

But I don’t believe that every fighter at every fight in the uk gets tested and that’s not good enough imo

• Options
    The best thing that could happen is that the fighters are randomly tested in and out of camp
  • Options

The best thing that could happen is that the fighters are randomly tested in and out of camp

Technically that should happen as the BBBoC has signed up to the UK Anti-Doping Agency's whereabouts scheme where testers could turn up at any point, in or out of training. So any drug cheat should be found out.

My understanding is that it's no as strict outside the UK.
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    bobmunro said:

Technically that should happen as the BBBoC has signed up to the UK Anti-Doping Agency's whereabouts scheme where testers could turn up at any point, in or out of training. So any drug cheat should be found out.

Out of the Boxers I sponsor currently and I have asked this of today

Zero have been randomly tested except by their coaches or mgmt team as part of their team or gym rules that’s shite

WADA want this to be the norm but it can be opt out of apparently
  • Options

bobmunro said:

Out of the Boxers I sponsor currently and I have asked this of today

Zero have been randomly tested except by their coaches or mgmt team as part of their team or gym rules that’s shite

WADA want this to be the norm but it can be opt out of apparently
    it's one thing opting out in football, cycling, running but for a combat sport it's too dangerous
  • Options
    Josh Taylor was a decent fight. Shocking scoring again though
  • Options

Josh Taylor was a decent fight. Shocking scoring again though

He won well but was never that wide as a couple of the cards.
  • Options
    Getting pissed off with the new potential Instagram and Twitter fraud Anthony Yarde not being given any decent opposition put him in with Burton, wise guy frank , Callum Johnson he gets taken to school

Daniel Dubois on the other hand is moving onwards and fighting challenges all the way all the time

• Options
    Just back from the O2, decent night.

Brutal KO from Ohara Davis and Murray and Dubois fights were good.
  • Options
    What was the crowd numbers mate

Glad for Murray but he needs to move on and capitalize in this quickly and get his last chance at a world title
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

What was the crowd numbers mate

Glad for Murray but he needs to move on and capitalize in this quickly and get his last chance at a world title

Absolutely pish attendance. Top tier and one end completely shut yet still stacks of spare seats.
  • Options
    Was a tough sell that frank must’ve lost his peanuts on this
  • Options
    I would say 4k tops were there. Floor and ringside around me was busy everywhere else empty
  • Options
    edited June 2018

Unlikely, he’ll probably pass the loss onto someone else. ;)
    cs1986 said:

I would say 4k tops were there. Floor and ringside around me was busy everywhere else empty

At 4K I’d say you’re being very generous. Even without the BJS pullout and Flanaghan being moved it would’ve been at best half full.
  • Options
    Knowing frank a lot of people probably just never got paid
  • Options
    buckshee said:

Unlikely, he’ll probably pass the loss onto someone else. ;)
    cs1986 said:

At 4K I’d say you’re being very generous. Even without the BJS pullout and Flanaghan being moved it would’ve been at best half full.
    Maybe I ain't best at guessing crowd figures. I not sure what o2 holds...

It certainly wouldn't have broke even. I enjoy3d seeing yarde and Dubois but should of been at copoerbox
  • Options
    Josh Taylor confirmed for the Super series light Welters I see. Really looking forward to this.
  • Options
    Anything on tonight?
  • Options

Anything on tonight?

Conlon Dos Santos on box nation mate
  • Options
    Carol vs gehrety will be a good tear up