Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The thread about Boxing

Comments

• Joshua v Pulev is off , due to Pulev having a shoulder injury.
  • buckshee said:

Joshua v Pulev is off , due to Pulev having a shoulder injury.

Carlos Takam the replacement
  • cafcbrown said:

buckshee said:

I'd be absolutely fuming if I had booked tickets, I know injuries happen and are part and parcel of the sport and Hearn will still argue the toss this is box office but how is he going to get anything like a pay per view undercard to justify that sold out stadium
  • So Takam has 12 days to train to face Joshua. Have some dignity and postpone it or set it up with Wilder for new year.

Failing that get Rio to step in so we can have muppets claiming that Ferdinand has a puncher's chance if he gets on the inside because he was a bit good at man marking a'la the McGregor pantomime.
  • Carter said:

cafcbrown said:

buckshee said:

I'd be absolutely fuming if I had booked tickets, I know injuries happen and are part and parcel of the sport and Hearn will still argue the toss this is box office but how is he going to get anything like a pay per view undercard to justify that sold out stadium
    I know what you mean mate. Not sure Hearn really cares about having a decent undercard
  • The fella lost to Parker ffs, total no contest
  • cafcbrown said:

buckshee said:

Pathetic replacement, even Whyte takes Takem all day long.
  • Pathetic replacement. What a joke. Hearn taking the piss again
  • According to Hearn Takam was next on the list with the IBF. So as soon as Pulev is injured the IBF make Takam new mandatory. Joshua has to fight Takam or lose the title.

Also according to Hearn, as Takam was next in line they had agreed for Takam to be ready to step in if Pulev pulled out. So the claim is that Takam has been training for AJ for the past 8/9 weeks with a deal in place that if he wasn't needed next week he would box on the matchroom card in Monaco the week after
  • According to Hearn Takam was next on the list with the IBF. So as soon as Pulev is injured the IBF make Takam new mandatory. Joshua has to fight Takam or lose the title.

Also according to Hearn, as Takam was next in line they had agreed for Takam to be ready to step in if Pulev pulled out. So the claim is that Takam has been training for AJ for the past 8/9 weeks with a deal in place that if he wasn't needed next week he would box on the matchroom card in Monaco the week after

That's the biggest rancid sack of faecal matter Hearn has ever come out with, right up there with Tony Bellew is a marquee name

All boxing promoters are wankers Hearn is possibly managing to piss me off more than Frank Warren ever could
  • Sponsored links:

• I thought 3/4 years ago Hearn was a new breed of promoter. Proper breath of fresh air amongst likes of Warren.

But rather than make others up their game he's gone to their level.
    The only difference is Hearn has the power of Sky behind him.
    Just as much bullshit as the rest of them. All the same old bollocks
  • I thought 3/4 years ago Hearn was a new breed of promoter. Proper breath of fresh air amongst likes of Warren.

Warren had the power of Sky at one point, Hearn needs his wings clipping
  • Actually, not a bad replacement on 2 weeks notice. Stylistically far trickier for AJ than stand up straight retirement ready Pulev and has a better chin too. Takam is a heavyweight who keeps in shape and is better than former world title victims Molina and Martin. He is also arguably slightly better than Dillion Whyte. No problem with this last minute match up, it is what it is
  • Actually, not a bad replacement on 2 weeks notice. Stylistically far trickier for AJ than stand up straight retirement ready Pulev and has a better chin too. Takam is a heavyweight who keeps in shape and is better than former world title victims Molina and Martin. He is also arguably slightly better than Dillion Whyte. No problem with this last minute match up, it is what it is

Ok Eddie I believe you

Ok Eddie I believe you
    Ah come on, what bit do you disagree with? Pulev has been dogsh*t since Klitsckho brutally knocked him out and has just been hanging out for a payday. At least Carlos Takam went toe to toe with Joseph Parker over 12 rounds for the WBO strap so it’s a great comparison fight for AJ v Parker next year. I’d rather this fight than a cancellation and I’d prefer it over Pulev full stop if Takam had a full camp

Ok Eddie I believe you
    Ah come on, what bit do you disagree with? Pulev has been dogsh*t since Klitsckho brutally knocked him out and has just been hanging out for a payday. At least Carlos Takam went toe to toe with Joseph Parker over 12 rounds for the WBO strap so it’s a great comparison fight for AJ v Parker next year. I’d rather this fight than a cancellation and I’d prefer it over Pulev full stop if Takam had a full camp
    He ain’t better than Whyte that’s for sure

He was to be fair, signed some good fighters quickly & put on some good shows.

But yeah as time has gone on, he has done nothing but come off as attention seeking little turd, that scene with Bellew after the Haye fight was embarrassing.

He was to be fair, signed some good fighters quickly & put on some good shows.

But yeah as time has gone on, he has done nothing but come off as attention seeking little turd, that scene with Bellew after the Haye fight was embarrassing.
    That's because he didn't have an option to do It any other way. What I will say is the prizefighter tournament was genuinely innovative although got tired quickly
  • edited October 2017
    Prizefighter would have still been decent now if they had kept it to once every 3/4 months.
    Because of its early success Hearn started to wheel it out every 3/4 weeks instead.
  • Prizefighter would have still be decent now if they had kept it to once every 3/4 months.
    Because of its early success Hearn started to wheel it out every 3/4 weeks instead.

Totally agree
  • Sponsored links:

Ok Eddie I believe you
    He LOST to Parker, have you seen Parker fight?? Its a complete no contest and will be over within 6 minutes. Happy to have a £10 bet, loser donates to the Upbeats if you fancy.

Ok Eddie I believe you
    He LOST to Parker, have you seen Parker fight?? Its a complete no contest and will be over within 6 minutes. Happy to have a £10 bet, loser donates to the Upbeats if you fancy.
    I wonder if Joshua will get a word in his ear to drag the fight out to give fans the pretence of value for money. If he gets the bloke out in first couple of rounds as he's done with many of this caliber can see the crowd booing.

Shame Tyson has his mental demons as a focused, fit Fury v Joshua would be excellent value and a good contest rather than this hastily arranged bout which only serves to remind what an appalling heavyweight era we're currently enduring.

Ok Eddie I believe you
    I don’t disagree that’s it’s a no contest, but so was Pulev. My opinion is that Takam could put in a better shift than Pulev would of done though. I don’t think either of them get to the half way mark but Takam will come forward and go out swinging.

Sorry Buckshee.... but Dillion Whyte is barely between domestic and European level, he lost to an old Chisora in most people’s opinion and
    is still living off his one left hook against a very green AJ in 2015

Ok Eddie I believe you
    I don’t disagree that’s it’s a no contest, but so was Pulev. My opinion is that Takam could put in a better shift than Pulev would of done though. I don’t think either of them get to the half way mark but Takam will come forward and go out swinging.

Sorry Buckshee.... but Dillion Whyte is barely between domestic and European level, he lost to an old Chisora in most people’s opinion and
    White would beat Parker .
  • So if AJ is fighting Teken is Whyte playing mortal kombat on the undercard?

Ok Eddie I believe you
    Six minutes? As in, we both wager a tenner, and if it's a Joshua win within one or two, I donate a tenner, if not then you do?

I'd be happy to take that, I doubt AJ will knock him out that quickly.
  • PaddyP17 said:

Actually, not a bad replacement on 2 weeks notice. Stylistically far trickier for AJ than stand up straight retirement ready Pulev and has a better chin too. Takam is a heavyweight who keeps in shape and is better than former world title victims Molina and Martin. He is also arguably slightly better than Dillion Whyte. No problem with this last minute match up, it is what it is

Ok Eddie I believe you
    Six minutes? As in, we both wager a tenner, and if it's a Joshua win within one or two, I donate a tenner, if not then you do?

I'd be happy to take that, I doubt AJ will knock him out that quickly.
    That's the bet & you're on sir!!
  • buckshee said:

Actually, not a bad replacement on 2 weeks notice. Stylistically far trickier for AJ than stand up straight retirement ready Pulev and has a better chin too. Takam is a heavyweight who keeps in shape and is better than former world title victims Molina and Martin. He is also arguably slightly better than Dillion Whyte. No problem with this last minute match up, it is what it is

Ok Eddie I believe you

White would beat Parker .
    I don’t agree, Whyte went life and death with Derek Chisora. Parker wins a wide unanimous decision over Whyte. Dillian Whyte’s best shot at a title would be Wilder, that’s an exciting fight for 9-12 minutes but Wilder probably takes him out first

• So the prick haye has his show on dave tonight

Up now MVP looking forward to seeing if he is able to transcend