Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Things you miss when you are abroad

I'm returning from a three week tour of Asia on business. Two things I have missed badly: a pint of bitter and a proper sausage sarnie.

Comments

• Options
    Home
  • Options
    When I got back from travelling Europe and Asia, the first thing I wanted was a decent cup of tea and a bacon sandwich.
  • Options
    Your own kharsi
  • Options
    Living and working abroad I really miss Tesco and Sainsburys meal deals. Just so convenient and such a wide variety.
  • Options
    I live abroad. The things I miss the most are an English pint and sitting in an English pub drinking it, a good old English fry up and good fish and chips.
  • Options
    I would say the humour. Bermuda carries little British TV and I can't be doing with ex-pat TV and the constant buffering. So certain TV progs, although you can download almost anything.

Other than that - mates, family, the pub, and Charlton. Although being 4,000 miles away does have it's bonuses!
  • Options
    When I lived in Spain I couldn't find a decent consistent curry house anywhere.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Gotta be a decent cup of tea. I spent a few months in south America... All those cows and the milk was all uht, it was all lipton yellow label... And in brazil they put sugar in everything without asking you. When I had a cuppa in new Zealand (which is basically England in the 80s) with fresh milk... Pg tips... I actually groaned.
  • Options
    Been living in France or 10 years so.... HP sauce, Jacobs cream crackers and Crunchie bars.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    A decent cuppa & a crap on your own bog.
  • Options
    No one said the weather yet?
  • Options
    Twiglets.
  • Options
    Going to a cash machine and being able to withdraw money without the bank skimming some of my money for themselves.
  • Options
    Proper vegetables. Nobody does veg like us.
  • Options
    Marmite on crumpets or decent cheese on crumpets or just plain crumpets with butter.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Watching British football at a decent hour....
  • Options
    My dogs, although the kennels post updates while we are away on FB.
  • Options
    Public Realm. Foreign streets are always dirty, have shite pavements and limited street lighting. Cafes put seats out in the street, drains are exposed and there is generally little interest in making streets look nice.

We're great at that in the UK - even in places that are not important.

• Options
    I just miss it all to be honest, its home. I've tried adopting an Aussie team here but its not the same and after 5 years here I've given up. I hate the falseness and hype of mundane shit we get here, they are the kings of making something ordinary sound extraordinary. The upside is the weather and having a great Mrs and a beautiful home.....but ask me if Id come home tomorrow.....
  • Options
    Fish and chips
  • Options
    HP.
  • Options
    Vicki McClure.