Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Johan Cruyff RIP

Comments

• Options
    One of the best ever. RIP
  • Options
    Such poise, such balance, a shimmy here, a shimmy there and then a cross with the outside of the right boot. He needed a left foot as much as Puskas or Brady needed a right.

RIP Johan
  • Options
    Just caught this on Radio Barcelona. Throat cáncer takes a genius.

RIP Johann.
  • Options
    One of the very very best. RIP
  • Options
    A true great. R.I.P.
  • Options
    RIP, two stripes.
  • Options
    Man was a genius. RIP
  • Options
    Proper legend but not surprised as his smoking habit was legendary. RIP
  • Options
    RIP to a footballing legend
  • Options
    RIP...1st World Cup I can really remember was 1974 gutted when the Dutch lost in the final to the Germans....a very sad loss for world football.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    very sad, a true legend RIP
  • Options
    Would be in most people's top 5 of all time - a true genius of the game.

Very sad. RIP Johan
  • Options
    What I loved about him was his imagination, and his ability to innovate, not only the famous 'turn'.
    RIP one of the greatest players to grace the game we love.
  • Options
    Wonderful player. RIP Johan
  • Options
    Brilliant player. Just behind Pele & Maradona, and in the discussion with Beckenbauer, Puskas, Di Stefano, Best, Van Basten, Platini, & Zidane, as who follows next.

Everyone knows the Cruyff turn, never seen on a football pitch before the 1974 World Cup. Fantastic skill, devastating pace over ten yards and a clinical finisher.

His legacy is seen whenever Barcelona play. He took the Dutch Total Football concept created by Rinus Michels in the 60's, to Barcelona in 1975 & again when he became coach in the 80's. His philosophy was adopted throughout the club, especially in the academy. Guardiola carried it on with the development of Tiki Taka. Barcelona are what they are today because of Cruyff's Dutch philosophy.

I only saw him play once, at Wembley v England in 1976. Today I'm privileged to say, I saw Cruyff play.
  • Options
    A real shock this and a true world class player.
    RIP
  • Options
    Gutted. My favourite all-time player. Brought so much to the game as a p!ayer and as a coach/manager. Should have been a World Cup winner in 1974. RIP
  • Options
    RIP.

2016 is not off to a good start. We're losing too many.
  • Options
    Really sad. Seeing the photos of him in the Ajax shirt takes me back to those days when as a teenager I was bewitched by everything Dutch - RNI and the bands they played, that incredible Ajax team playing football like I never imagined, and him, the glittering jewel of that team. So effortlessly, quietly cool, none of the Ibrahimovic nonsense. RIP.
  • Options
    A boyhood hero. R.I.P.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Saw him play in a Fairs Cup match in the early 70's. Without doubt the finest player I've seen in person. As others have said, he made it all seem so effortless.

A true football genius, RIP

• Options
    Someone who left his mark on the game. Rest in peace Johann
  • Options
    Bloody hell thats no age at all!!!!!

RIP
  • Options
    Would never have happened if we never let in refugees/been out of Europe/had corbyn as PM

we'll never find out what he thought of horse racing.

RIP to an absolute legend of the game. Some one who changed the game for the better.
  • Options
    Legend, RIP.
  • Options
    There's a light that never goes out
    RIP 14
  • Options
    Genuine superstar in the days where they were nearly normal guys. Had the pleasure of seeing him play in the flesh albeit towards the end of his career in the same Feyenoord team as a teenage Ruud Gullit. RIP.
  • Options
    The word 'great' is often overused. Not in Johan Cruyff's case.

RIP
  • Options
    cfgs said:

Proper legend but not surprised as his smoking habit was legendary. RIP

R I P