Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

In the unlikely event, that Duchatelet sells up...

Who would replace Riga? Would Riga stay on?

How much would we need to spend to be competitive again?

Comments

• Hire Justin Edinburgh!!... Dont think we'd need to spend that much
  • Nathan Jones

£100m to buy the club, continue training ground work and cover losses over 5 years before returning to premiership
  • edited March 2016
    Any new ownership would come in with a serious amount of goodwill, and could increase that tenfold and bring a lot of lapsed fans back to the ground, by appointing Powell. If you're taking over a club with dwindling supporter numbers and a serious sense of malaise, it'd be an obvious decision to get people feeling good about the club again. I know that there are some who wouldn't be happy with that decision necessarily, but I think even for them, returning to a model of bringing in young coaches with an attachment to the club would be seen as a positive. Nathan Jones would be another who could do the same.
  • Why would you even think of keeping Riga on?!

Not sure really, I think there's a good manager in there, sadly he's a huge YES man too this time round.
  • I think he's burnt his bridges with most supporters for his tactics and player selection since he's been back.
  • You advertise for the Job.
    You interview All the suitable candidates.
    You Pay a wage which is in the top 3 in League 1, not in the lowest 3.
    You hire A Manager not A head coach.
    You hire A manager who is young enough, yet has the skills to understand what we need to be promoted from League 1, and most important the mix of young and senior pros who want to be part of the journey with the most fantastic fans who care.
    A Manager who can Dove tail with the Academy Head coach so when young players come to the 1st team they have a chance to succeed.

You hire a manager who is not a yes man,
    But understands that from League 1 we can't pay millions for players,
    but has a say and input in the Scouts and Coaches who are working underneath him.

C.P
  • Dazzler21 said:

You advertise for the Job.
    You hire A manager who is young enough, yet has the skills to understand what we need to be promoted from League 1, and most important the mix of young and senior pros who want to be part of the journey with the most fantastic fans who care.
    A Manager who can Dove tail with the Academy Head coach so when young players come to the 1st team they have a chance to succeed.

but has a say and input in the Scouts and Coaches who are working underneath him.

C.P
    Maybe Dazzler , Maybe.

The salient point is we hire the best man in the summer when this process would take place.
    We don't know who else will apply ?
  • Dazzler21 said:

You advertise for the Job.

C.P
    Cecil Parkinson? - he's dead.
  • Sponsored links:

• Carlton Palmer ?
  • Crisp Owl?
  • Chester Perry?
  • Colin Powell
    Chris Parkes
    Chris Perry
  • Hire a bloke who has won League One before with over 100 points.

Kenny Jackett, good shout
  • I was thinking Carles Puyol, but yeah Powell will do I guess :wink:
  • edited March 2016
    I'd hire a load of small people, dancing a jig down the street and won't stop, and we'd all be singing this to the tune of the Wizard of OZ song....."Ding Dong Roly's gone, Roly's fucking gone...."