Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Colin Cameron

Would have been eighty today. I wonder what you are making of this car crash of a club.
If you had hung around a bit longer Colin, you may have considered writing a book called " The Duchalet Years".
Probably would not have been a good idea as it would have been derided as a work of fiction.

Comments

• RIP Colin

BTW Interesting stat Pettgra, wonder where is came from? ; - )
  • edited March 2016
    He must be turning in his grave seeing what is happening to his great club.
  • RIP Colin

BTW Interesting stat Pettgra, wonder where is came from? ; - )

I knew Colin very well from our work days together Henry.
    I visit my Aunt twice a week and when she is ignoring me I always read his books to pass the time. I noticed his birthdate on the sleeve. As an aside my Aunt was married to Peter Etherton whose nephew is Bryan Kinsey.
  • Rip Colin.
    Home and away the best factual football ever written
  • I got given that book he wrote detailing every match we had up until Oct 2003 I think. I still refer to it to this day. great book
  • 10 YEARS AGO Colin was on the pitch at Charlton being given a signed shirt before the game ,cup quarter-final against Middlebrough.Few days later we had a party with him down The Alma in Sidcup.How time flys dear friend.............Would have loved to hear your views on the mess we our in now....Still miss late night e-mails together and a smoke and a beer in the local...Rest in Peace dear friend.......

From your friends in Holland.
  • I met him just the once one Christmas Day. He met up with my uncle for a few beers in Ye Old Black Horse in Sidcup and we tagged along. They used to go to games together back in the fifties and my uncle was to blame for taking my older brothers to the Valley and subsequently they took me. My uncle passed away last month.
  • Used to work in the same office as Colin. Nice guy. Never knew he was a charlton fan until after I'd left
  • RIP Colin
  • Sponsored links:

• RIP Colin
    Home And Away, the best football book for me
  • edited April 2017
    A thoroughly decent and pleasant man......met him on numerous occasions but the one that really sticks in my memory is when leaving Wembley on that memorable day.
    We were going down the stairs from the Olympic Gallery and we felt like we were flying down them.......I'll never forget the look on his face, he looked like he'd been to heaven and back!
  • Smashing guy, often had a pre-match chat with Colin. He was Mr Charlton. As others have said, God knows what he would make of what is happening at The Valley now.
  • A thoroughly decent and pleasant man......met him on numerous occasions but the one that really sticks in my memory is when leaving Wembley on that memorable day.
    We were going down the stairs from the Olympic Gallery and we felt like we were flying down them.......I'll never forget the look on his face, he looked like he'd been to heaven and back!

Got Colin his tickets for the Olympic Gallery. He loved it up there.
  • A smashing man. Supremely helpful and encouraging when I wrote 'Miscellany' and 'On This Day' - sorely missed.
  • Lifting a glass to you, Colin, today in memory of your friendship and massive contribution you made to our special club. Cheers , missing your company.
  • Absolute legend of a man. I bet Colin is still telling anyone upstairs that Colin Cowdrey’s century was as good as Ted Dexter’s.