Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Folkestone Invicta v Walton & Hersham

Shameless plug for a rather big non-league game taking place on Good Friday. Folkestone Invicta can clinch the Ryman Division One South title if they win the match, becoming the first team in a senior English league to gain promotion this season. Admission to what is the only senior fixture taking place in Kent on Friday has been cut to £5, and the club hope for a crowd in excess of 1,000 for a game which could see a Folkestone club win a championship for the first time since the 1960s.

So if you are from this part of the world and missing live football thanks to the international break why not come along and enjoy what should be a fantastic occasion for a very welcoming community club? Cheap tickets, beer in the stands, no Belgian owners. What more could you want?!

Comments

• Options
    Any protests?
  • Options

Any protests?

Nah they're top of the League... Only sides who are struggling see their fans protesting ;)
  • Options

Any protests?

I might kick off if they run out of Guinness, but otherwise don't imagine too much discord. Although should Invicta win, I imagine we could see some fans on the pitch...
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Just make sure everyone is commited to running on the pitch... You might look an idiot if you run on your own.

Jokes aside, congrats to Folkestone for the achievement, was their promotion helped thanks to the Johan Ter Horst transfer money?
  • Options
    Where are they playing these days. I went a couple of times with Dartford to their Cheriton Road ground. are they still there (I've got this vague memory of them ground sharing with Ashford, but you know how the memories blur with age).
  • Options

Just make sure everyone is commited to running on the pitch... You might look an idiot if you run on your own.

Jokes aside, congrats to Folkestone for the achievement, was their promotion helped thanks to the Johan Ter Horst transfer money?

Sure any funds from that deal will have helped, as has the generous support of the clubs key sponsors and a stable core of players who have stuck with Invicta in tough times and now are seeing the rewards of that loyalty. The club is now on a stable financial footing, which means it can now look to progress in the Ryman Prem rather than just fight against relegation.
  • Options

Where are they playing these days. I went a couple of times with Dartford to their Cheriton Road ground. are they still there (I've got this vague memory of them ground sharing with Ashford, but you know how the memories blur with age).

Still at Cheriton Road. Although due to sponsorship it's now branded as the Fullicks Stadium (but still Cheriton Road to me and most others...)
  • Options
    RDG said:

Still at Cheriton Road. Although due to sponsorship it's now branded as the Fullicks Stadium (but still Cheriton Road to me and most others...)
    RDG said:

I went to see bromley play away there about 10 years ago, was called the buzzline stadium or something then, is it still the same?
  • Options

I went to see bromley play away there about 10 years ago, was called the buzzline stadium or something then, is it still the same?

Indeed it is.
  • Options
    Fullicks stadium , are they sponsored by a lesbian
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Done this one in the early 90's, Charlton reserves pre-season.
  • Options

Done this one in the early 90's, Charlton reserves pre-season.

Kent Senior Cup tie a few seasons ago for me
  • Options
    Well today's the day. Sun's out and it's a lovely day for a title-winning game. If you're in East Kent and at a loose end later, get down to Cheriton Road for the match and support the grassroots game.