Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Who in their right mind would want to work for or play for Charlton?

As much as it pains me to say it I can't see why anyone would want to join us at present. It's a really sad state of affairs for a club that was once held up as a model of a well run club.
I feel sorry for the staff and hope for their sake that things get sorted out.

Comments

• Options
    We have for some now time been seen as a shambles within the footballing community. That's the sorry truth of it.
  • Options
    I would give it a go, y'know... for shits and giggles. I think you'd end up learning a few lessons the hard way, would get to see first hand how not to do things and you'll have some pretty decent stories too.

On a more serious note though, I imagine if you've got confidence and you're prepared to play the long game, it actually looks like a decent opportunity as you can jump a few rungs of the career ladder. i.e Katrien as CEO? Tony the Cahone as COO?

Worst case scenario, just sit it out for 6months - 1 year - and then resign and get a job at the same level elsewhere; with a decent salary and a saner company. View it as a fast-track promotion scheme, where Charlton give you the opportunity to put a more impressive job title on your CV for a while..
  • Options

Unfortunately for us, those that don't have the natural talent or experience and know they're punching above their weight but somehow managed to impress RD so desperately cling onto their position knowing they're not gonna get similar or better.
  • Options
    Kermorgant apparently.
  • Options
    Marco Motta.
  • Options

If you're a player and you need a job, it's a payday.

• Options
    I'd give it a go too - I cant be worse than Karel! Mind you Mr Blobby could make a similar claim.
  • Options
    "You don't need to be a psychopathic yes man to work here but it helps" with a picture of derranged cat.

That's a poster for the Charlton board room.
  • Options
    Dave2l said:

"You don't need to be a psychopathic yes man to work here but it helps" with a picture of derranged cat squirrel.

That's a poster for the Charlton board room.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ive asked everyone here in the asylum and most of us are up for it....

Ps Sorry didnt see the right mind bit
  • Options
    Riga - twice.
  • Options
    We are a joke club thanks to a joke of an owner. Nuff said!
  • Options
    Halix said:

Ive asked everyone here in the asylum and most of us are up for it....

Ps Sorry didnt see the right mind bit

Even the mad ones?
  • Options
    Players and coaches who are too knackered / hopeless to get a gig anywhere else
  • Options
    Think we may see a change at the end of the season with many who have stuck things out for a while deciding that it really won't get any better. Long standing employees behind the scenes and the likes of JJ, Solly etc will only manage to stick things out for so long. It can't just be the fans that have had enough and won't be back next season....
  • Options
    Who in their right mind would want to work for or play for support Charlton?
  • Options
    And clients of Dudu Dahan (allegedly), who are also too knackered and too hopeless to get a gig anywhere else
  • Options
    PL54 said:

Kermorgant apparently.

troll