Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Are we now officially the worst run football league club in England?

We're well ahead of Leeds and in my humble oponion have overtaken Blackpool on account of the fact our owner has completely lost the plot. The rate we're going out we'll end up with no staff apart from KM and a squad of players that are only here because they can't a contract anywhere else.
Wouldn't surprise me if Marcus Bent and Gary Doherty were re-signed.

Comments

• Options
    Disarray on an industrial level!

They have no way or knowledge of how to turn this.

I'm worried we,the support, could be the heaviest losers in this very dark stain in our history.
  • Options
    Yes.
  • Options
    We're miles worse than Leeds, Least their owner tries to explain his mental decisions.
  • Options
    Its. A. Big. Fat... Yes from me - Colin what do you think?
  • Options
    You know things are bad when you're seriously considering the Blackpool and Leeds owners as the lesser evil.
  • Options
    Europe isn't it?
  • Options
    Global?
  • Options
    Not sure if Jossy's Giants are still going
  • Options
    Soon to be the most talked about football club in history, sadly accompanied by much laughter/forehead slapping...
  • Options
    There is no way for them to turn this around, just pray they realise it and move on, for everyones sake. Have my doubts though and we have to keep the pressure on.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Surely we must be approaching the end game now? If we keep this up until the end of the season it's just going to get worse and worse for them.
  • Options
    The Orient, Manchester United and QPR fans I talked to today think we are.
  • Options
    Least Oyston turn's up
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    What do you mean NOW? We have been for sometime now.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Ahead of Leeds, behind Blackpool

Agree with the 123, but after Duchatelet rolls up the pitch and we have to play on sand; (Beach ball time again) for the last few games, i think Roly will be the leader of the shocking owners.

If this happens, i'm calling for all fans to wear Speedo's,
    and invade the pitch, Please make sure the first S in still on your trunks,
    As i don't want that Esther Rantzen, on our case.
  • Options
    Not when Newcastle still exist
  • Options
    Is Oyston still at Blackpool?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2016

Yes, and thus the answer for me is no. Really look at Leeds' constant copping and changing of owners and managers (something Cellino is known for in Italy), and it's still far messier. Blackpool, for me, are in a league of their own. And then there is Villa. I'd put all of them ahead of us.

That being said, it's nice to be in the top four of something!!!!
  • Options

Oh yes
  • Options
    Bubble said:

Least Oyston turn's up

Yeah but I think that's part of the problem given he had some sort of "Oyston Out" custom license plate at one point (he still might).
  • Options

Aren't there two of them?

• Options
    Top of the league get in
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    If you were going to quantify the stability of a football club and the running of it both as a successful sports and business venture then the appropriate statistics to take into account would be:

- long-term form of first team
    - progress of league position
    - goal difference
    - performance consistency
    - manager/head coach stability
    - turnover of playing staff
    - turnover of coaching staff
    - turnover of administrative staff
    - debt/value ratio
    - value-added to academy players
    - number and length of injuries
    - profit/loss of transfers
    - attendance gain/loss
    - sponsorship/client retention

Almost all of which CAFC would currently rank very low out of all English clubs on. There are not many clubs though who would be in the bottom 10 in more than half of these except Charlton.
  • Options
    It's a tough one. Blackpool had a head start but Charlton have gone all out to catch them up....joint leaders of the badly run league I'd say.
  • Options
    I'm sure we are, I know we are
  • Options
    I seriously object to this post. We have been the worst-run for some time now ...
  • Options
    The first 2 words in the title are the wrong way round.