Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Your most liked Footballer

Seeing that there is a thread for those Footballers we hate I thought I'd start one for those most liked by Charlton fans.

Cant be one of our players (past or present)

For me its Alex McCarthy... I know he plays for Palace now but remember the shift he put in for Yeovil in that match against us, whilst also really like Jack Butland, he has to be one of the most level headed Premier League players out there and loved his attitude when he rejected Chelsea.

Comments

• Hector Bellerin, seems a lovely lad.
  • Danny Ings; no explanation needed
  • Dmitri Payet and also watched a video on Sakho (Liverpool) who does loads for charity.

Xabi Alonso as well, who just oozes class.
  • I'm assuming all time..... Kevin Phillips.
  • Juan Mata is one of the nicest footballers to have lived! Check out his blog, it's like reading something my girlfriend would write.

http://juanmata8.com/blog/en/blog/

The player I enjoyed watching the most was Thierry Henry. And I loved that Ronaldinho used to look like he was enjoying himself at all times, which is so, so rare to see. I'd probably vote for him just for that.

• Ian Wright.
  • Sponsored links:

• Steven Naismith... for his work with the Homeless / Unemployed whilst at Everton

I was going to say the same thing. From the articles I've read about him, he looks like a very down-to-earth person. I have seen him score a few goals live on TV in the past couple of years. Limited but always works hard. My favorite non-Charlton player.
  • simon makinok
  • JiMMy 85 said:

Juan Mata is one of the nicest footballers to have lived! Check out his blog, it's like reading something my girlfriend would write.

http://juanmata8.com/blog/en/blog/

The player I enjoyed watching the most was Thierry Henry. And I loved that Ronaldinho used to look like he was enjoying himself at all times, which is so, so rare to see. I'd probably vote for him just for that.

I always thought Mata seemed to be a nice person despite I had never read anything about him. But... last week (or the week before the last) his behaviour on the pitch during a league game was truly bizarre. He got sent off. I was very surprised.
  • Chris waddle
  • the real Ronaldo
  • Ray Wilkins
  • Georgie Best.
  • Joey Barton
  • Sponsored links:

• Non-Charlton players would probably be Le Tissier followed by Henry.

Loved Le Tissier because he stuck with his club and also because he looked like he probably enjoyed a pasty or two, didn't train that hard and still ran rings round most Premier League defenders. Some of the goals he scored... ridiculous. The fact he has less England caps than Carlton Palmer, Geoff Thomas and Steve Stone... even more ridiculous.

Henry, well he was like thoroughbred race horse of a footballer. He glided over the ground and had just the right amount of gallic arrogance to be charming rather than irritating.

• Danny Murphy
  • Loic Nego
  • Charlie Cooke or Stan Bowles - players I loved as a kid.
  • as a kid it was Steve Coppell
  • Charlie Cooke or Stan Bowles - players I loved as a kid.

Plus Frank Worthington.
  • Can't believe CP ain't been mentioned
  • Chris Powell then Matty Holland. I felt so star struck talking to these two (quite) a few seasons back
  • Can't believe CP ain't been mentioned

Because from my thread opener... Cant be one of our players (past or present) ;)