Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

John Little Leaving

http://www.southlondonpress.co.uk/article.cfm?id=116754&headline=Exclusive: Long-standing Charlton Athletic stadium safety officer resigns&sectionIs=sport&searchyear=2016

Another one of the good guys and someone with decades of experience walking away.

Good luck John for the future.

Inevitable that a certain troll will ask "what did he do?" and that others will say so what, he can be replaced.

Thing is that if he replaced it will be on the cheap and with someone with a fraction of skills, knowledge and experience.

Have to ask why there is such a churn of staff and what that says about the management and direction at the club.

Comments

• Options
    At least he respects the supporters.
  • Options
    But if he wants to leave then why do we need to dissect it?

Maybe - after 18 years he feels hes had enough.

Maybe we will recruit someone "cheap and with someone with a fraction of skills, knowledge and experience." but then that person has to gain them. Or maybe John has a 2nd in command who is capable of stepping up.

I can only assume there is more to it than the complete non-story on the link above - because it's just that. A non story.
  • Options
    walked or pushed after Sunday's events..........?
  • Options

Swisdom said:

But if he wants to leave then why do we need to dissect it?

Maybe - after 18 years he feels hes had enough.

Maybe we will recruit someone "cheap and with someone with a fraction of skills, knowledge and experience." but then that person has to gain them. Or maybe John has a 2nd in command who is capable of stepping up.

I can only assume there is more to it than the complete non-story on the link above - because it's just that. A non story.

I thought his comments re the fans spoke volumes.
    More so that that was the only praise he had to give.

Something like "I'd like to say thanks to everyone I've been working with. " is pretty standard, let alone after 18 years!
  • Options
    edited March 2016

walked or pushed after Sunday's events..........?

He told me last week he had resigned.
  • Options
    He's staying on till the end of the season ain't he?

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Its become a shambles.
  • Options
    A non story ?

That yet another person is walking away from a job at CAFC which must be very stressful with all the safety issues going on at the moment.

Plus having a complete tool as a boss.
  • Options
    What are all these safety issues?
  • Options
    iaitch said:

Beach ball to head hurts lovely
  • Options
    Does anyone know who he would report too? The COO by any chance?

I'm being dangerously speculative here, and basing any assumptions purely on rumours.. But, from what we've heard it wouldn't be too difficult to see that playing a part if so.
  • Options
    Well, maybe we can combine the mass protest at the last game with a leaving do...

Actually, maybe not, we'd probably have to suggest he pull a sickie.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Perhaps he'd rather not have to go through all the pre, during and post match security and safety measures he's had to lately and fancies an easier life elsewhere.

A tick in the box for CARD - 1 down and 48 to go.
  • Options
    garfield said:

What did he do?
    I'm sure he can be replaced..

Of course he can be replaced, however as someone who still works in the business I can assure you he is massively well respected within the industry.
    His knowledge, particularly of The Valley and CAFC supporters is vast - trust me he will be very difficult to replace adequately.

Over many years John and his team have delivered a fantastic service to CAFC, I am sorry to hear that he has resigned, the club will be a poorer place without him.

I know that lol

I do think people are reading into some of the stories coming out of the club a little bit too much.

I'm not having a dig at John, I once knew him quite well, but I do think that this is a non story. He's working till the end of the season, so I can't see that he was pushed, or that he's jumped for any other reason than 18 years is enough.

Is this his full time job? Or is he still in the fire service?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2016
    iaitch said:

Strange question ?
    Pitch invasion which do, or don't happen.
    Will happen when we are 100% down.
    Flares being thrown plus coins outside West strand.
    Only one cracked window so far.

John Little wants to get out because
    he bright enough to know it's going to get so much worse.
    Who would want to be the stadium safety officer when all that is going on,
    When for 18 years you have had a good rapport with the supporters.
    As shown by his statement.
  • Options

garfield said:

What did he do?

Of course he can be replaced, however as someone who still works in the business I can assure you he is massively well respected within the industry.
    His knowledge, particularly of The Valley and CAFC supporters is vast - trust me he will be very difficult to replace adequately.

Over many years John and his team have delivered a fantastic service to CAFC, I am sorry to hear that he has resigned, the club will be a poorer place without him.

I know that lol

I do think people are reading into some of the stories coming out of the club a little bit too much.

I'm not having a dig at John, I once knew him quite well, but I do think that this is a non story. He's working till the end of the season, so I can't see that he was pushed, or that he's jumped for any other reason than 18 years is enough.

I know him quite well now and you're mistaken. He's seeing the season out because he's a professional, unlike the people above him.
    Well, you've gone that far...? Spill the beans
  • Options
    Oh neoliberal institutionalism
  • Options
    lol Gave it a Google
  • Options

Swisdom said:

garfield said:

What did he do?

I know that lol

I know him quite well now and you're mistaken. He's seeing the season out because he's a professional, unlike the people above him.
    Here we go again.....If there's more to it why don't people just fucking say it.

I think I speak for many when I say I have had enough of "I know something you don't know"

You'd blab a private conversation all over the internet? Good friend.
    No, I'd run to a newspaper and show a bit of leg but not reveal much else.