Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Richard Murray Club Chairman

Comments

• Options
    The above 3 or 4 comments are great examples of fans with long memories. 

Time for Murray to go too. 
  • Options
    I don’t get the extreme negative stance towards RM. For an outsider like me he chose to leave some money in to stay involved and that presumably at the time was helpful to the then owners and what he wanted too. 

He couldn’t have anticipated just how bad things would get under Slater and then RD. Did anyone have that foresight?

He apparently fell out with Varney but the details of that I assume are only known to those on the inside and seems to cloud much of this debate. That will have created obstacles to any consortium or interested parties Varney may have brought to the table but if RD is as money influenced as we assume this would have been overcome. Easy with hindsight to get too wound up on this because for a reasonable period RD did seem to be happy to fund the club albeit with poor choices and no need to entertain  Varneys interested backers. 

I personally like to think he genuinely thought he could temper and work with RD to some extent and probably believes   he did manage to positively influence him on occasions but less than he or we wanted. RD is now clearly an autocrat and seemingly impossible to know how he thinks and influence for the better and I assume RM has also resigned to that. 

He has correctly in my view said nothing in the last year as it would be fruitless. He isn’t really important in this any more.  
    Sorry, but have to disagree with almost everything you’ve said. RM has had countless opportunities to say something that could have changed the dynamics and outcome of the sale of our club in recent years. 

He saw the outpouring of heartbreak from fans who collectively got together after home games during the larger post-game protests behind the west stand. 

He still did nothing. 

No anti comment
    No neutral comment
    No pro comment

To me, that’s unacceptable. He still has a high placing in Charlton history due to the Varney years, but he should no longer be fully respected for those decisions after his refusal to admit the wrongdoings of recent years. 

Couldn’t agree more 
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    Was it Murray who said Parky would be given the job based on results?
    Yes and subsequently told a Bromley Addicks meeting that Parky was going to be sacked.
  • Options
    Murray deserves his own song at home games. He would cringe hearing himself being called out.....
    THIS WITH BELLS ON 
  • Options
    He's unable to say anything because of the NDA he had to agree to as I suspect he's leading the British consortium.

• Options
    Hey Richard Murray
    Ooh Aah
    Why don't you tell us
    What's Going On ?

Repeat
    Not a bad effort. 
    But not as good as the Roland song.
  • Options
    Hey Richard Murray
    Ooh Aah
    Why don't you tell us
    What's Going On ?

Repeat
    The original version is not bad either.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    "Murray, Murray, what a mess!
    Murray, what a mess."
  • Options
    Hey Richard Murray
    Ooh Aah
    Why don't you tell us
    What's Going On ?

Repeat
    I'd change it to....
    Hey Richard Murray
    Ooh Ash
    I wanna knowowowowow
    Why you're such a c***
  • Options
    Ooh Aah
  • Options
    Hey Richard Murray
    Ooh Aah
    Why don't you tell us
    What's Going On ?

Repeat
    I'd change it to....
    Hey Richard Murray
    Ooh Ash
    I wanna knowowowowow
    Why you're such a c***
    Brilliant, did you write it yourself?

You should be on the radio.
  • Options
    Ive got the face for it
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2019
    Talal said:
    Worst thing about the playoff final was seeing him up there with the players at trophy presentation.
    Really don't want him involved with any future owners but got a feeling he will be. 
    I'm fairly sure he will as well, having cut a deal over his loan for a seat at the top table. It's a drug he just can't do without.
  • Options
    Is it possible the reason we have not heard from Murray is the number one thing he wants is not the health of the club, but to get his own loan money back?
  • Options
    Is it possible the reason we have not heard from Murray is the number one thing he wants is not the health of the club, but to get his own loan money back?

He spoke last week 
  • Options
    Creepy f******. Sitting in the shadows and watching this great club go down the shitter.

When will we start giving him some serious grief?

Dear Richard Murray,

"You're a sheep/creep, you're a weirdo,
    What the hell are you still doing here?
    You don't belong here"