Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Richard Murray Club Chairman

14567810»

Comments

• Options
    How can Murray stay and be associated with Duchatelet after bowyers contract talks have broken down
    Murray publicly defended Jimenez throughout and after TJ had sold the club, and has defended Roland throughout his reign.

He laid out his marker where he stands a long time ago and won’t be changing now. 
  • Options
    He better go back to Wolves next season then.
  • Options
    Any person who loved the club would make a stand against the owner. Such a move would score some kind of hit.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    RM resigning would have made no  positive difference to the train wreck that our club has become.  He is not a decision maker.  Those days are long gone. 

Let us not forget how he, along with others, saved the club in the early 90s and lead us through a very successful period of our history.  I think there is a strong arguement to suggest our club would not exist today without his involvement.

Obviously not perfect,  but alot of the criticism on this thread is unreasonable. One post even suggesting  that he should persuad Bowyer to stay.   This without any knowledge of discussions in a  process that RD has taken full control of.   
    So what exactly is his role? Or is he merely on the gravy train with sue  perkes?
  • Options
    As Murray reminded us after the Play-Off Final - We should be grateful to Roland after all its thanks to him we got promotion seeing he pays everyone

Lets see now if that was Roland who did the hard work or was it Bowyer performing miracles Richard!!
  • Options
    Can people who know him such as @PragueAddick try to contact him for a quote? If not he has to be contacted by the Trust via the club. Flush him out.
    I haven't spoken with him for at least two years, and I'm no longer on the CAST board, but even before I left, Steve Clarke and I had come to the conclusion that speaking with him didn't seem to get us anywhere in respect of the goal of getting rid of RD -and in some quarters just brought shit down on our own heads for even speaking to him. Not that I gave a toss about that, but it did mean that it was a fruitless exercise . It's not my call now, but i don't think anything has changed there, to make it worthwhile trying.
  • Options
    Can people who know him such as @PragueAddick try to contact him for a quote? If not he has to be contacted by the Trust via the club. Flush him out.
    I haven't spoken with him for at least two years, and I'm no longer on the CAST board, but even before I left, Steve Clarke and I had come to the conclusion that speaking with him didn't seem to get us anywhere in respect of the goal of getting rid of RD -and in some quarters just brought shit down on our own heads for even speaking to him. Not that I gave a toss about that, but it did mean that it was a fruitless exercise . It's not my call now, but i don't think anything has changed there, to make it worthwhile trying.
    Well if I had his contact details I would be asking him, in the most polite but forceful way possible, what the actual fuck was going on?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Wouldn’t it be terrible if someone accidentally posted Murray’s phone number .... 
  • Options
    Hate Murray more than Roland. That's saying something. 
  • Options
    I wonder if he'll become the target of protests too. Certainly deserves to be
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    Well if I had his contact details I would be asking him, in the most polite but forceful way possible, what the actual fuck was going on?
    Well when i wrote that earlier i hadn't seen the news about Bow, but honestly, even if he picks up the phone, I am not sure he will tell me anything that makes sense, and even if it makes sense to me, the usual voices will  shriek apologist etc, so the question remains, what's the point? 

Not that I have anything better to offer. I feel as desperate as everybody else.
  • Options
    Don't worry mate - nothing you can do. Murray can make a statement if he wants to a off his own bat!
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    I hope Murray realises that if he doesn't speak up now we won't forget his actions, or lack of rather if new owners do come in. No clean slate I'm afraid. Want the bloke as far away as possible from us the day Roland is no longer associated with us 
  • Options
    I hope Murray realises that if he doesn't speak up now we won't forget his actions, or lack of rather if new owners do come in. No clean slate I'm afraid. Want the bloke as far away as possible from us the day Roland is no longer associated with us 
      Sorry mate but you're a bit late to the party.

I was saying this when Powell got the boot 

I've given up on suggesting moral do's and dont's where this clown is concerned.
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    Well when i wrote that earlier i hadn't seen the news about Bow, but honestly, even if he picks up the phone, I am not sure he will tell me anything that makes sense, and even if it makes sense to me, the usual voices will  shriek apologist etc, so the question remains, what's the point? 

Not that I have anything better to offer. I feel as desperate as everybody else.
    It's gotta be orth a try, right?
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Murray did what so many folk do when they meet wealthy people, they put them on a pedestal and believe their bull shit.

Murray has achieved Hero to Zero status which after the successful part 1 period of his tenure when he hardly made a mistake, to Richard Murray part 2 and the signing of Iain Dowie who went North to Charlton to be nearer his family who lived in Oldham.Had the same map that Dale Stephens used years later ! 
    Yes from Dowie onwards Murray went from having the midas touch to backing more wrong horses than bookies favourite customers (losers)

• Options
    edited June 2019
    Off_it said:

It's gotta be orth a try, right?
    Honestly, I still cannot see what would come from such a call, even if he would pick up. Assuming he is still in his role he sees it as one where he "reports to" RD. So he will attempt to put an RD spin on the situation, because he believes that is the obligation of his role. That indeed is why the most recent calls left Steve and I bewildered, and that was two years ago. Anyway it is better coming from someone who is current CAST board, so CAST members should ask them if they believe it is worth doing. But I can assure you, that they will have considered it as one of the options. They are not sitting on their arses doing nothing.

(Edit; overtaken by events, thankfully.WTF???)