Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

CARD: Correspondence to the club's new email address.....

Comments

• Just received an automated acknowledgement to my own request for further info and background to the most recent 'statement' - let's see if I get a proper response.

Hello,
    Thank you for getting in touch. Just to let you know your email has been received and a member of our team will be in touch as soon as they can.
    Best wishes,
    Charlton Athletic Football Club.
  • Worthy cause to pursue there @Leeds_Addick
  • Mackle said:

Worthy cause to pursue there @Leeds_Addick

They didn't reply the other 5 times I've tried to get it so now I think is the time seen as they basically have to reply. For old times sake and such.
  • My email, which I have also put on the statement website.

I am writing to show my annoyance at the letter addressed to me (and other fans!) and put up on the CAFC website.

Firstly it is not true that I didn't go the Valley to support the team. Evidence at the game and on TV shows that most supporters were the same. The support for the team has always been very strong bearing in mind our poor position in the league. It is true to say that we also came to ensure that the owner, management and general footballing public are under no illusion as to our dissatisfaction as to the way the our club is being run at the moment. This action was supported almost completely by every supporter present and the many thousands who are not attending because of their total disillusionment with the present management (it is so sad many are currently boycotting or just not coming).

Secondly, I am astounded that the CEO should continue to defend herself and in particular her comments from the Dublin seminar.

Finally, I am even more astounded at the comment about who the club should be sold to. A comment made as if it would not be possible to find a buyer. It has been very public that Peter Varney is in contact with a potential serious and credible buyer. Other potential buyers are also rumoured.

I would be very interested in the clubs comments on the above.

As it stands it is very unlikely I, or the group of friends I go to games with, will be likely to renew our season tickets for future years while the current ownership and management an in place.
  • During our L1 promotion season the club ran a Twitter competition where you had to guess which players were behind a set of Chris Powell masks.
    I won the competition and was supposed to be sent a Chris Powell mask signed by the man himself.
    I never received said mask therefore I shall email now to ask for it.

RD put it on his dart board
  • Sent my email and don't expect answers, only the automated reply!
  • Sponsored links:

• During our L1 promotion season the club ran a Twitter competition where you had to guess which players were behind a set of Chris Powell masks.
    I won the competition and was supposed to be sent a Chris Powell mask signed by the man himself.

In the words of Jim Bowen, Take a look at what you could have won!

Powell Masks on Facebook
  • edited March 2016
    Sent an email. I will share the response unless, of course, I'm asked not to...

Subject: Concerning the future sale of Charlton Athletic FC

Dear sirs

At what price would the owner be willing to sell the football club?

Kind regards
  • Stig said:

During our L1 promotion season the club ran a Twitter competition where you had to guess which players were behind a set of Chris Powell masks.

Powell Masks on Facebook
    Yep that was it. I won the Twitter version. Will update you on what they do to appease me.
  • Stig said:

During our L1 promotion season the club ran a Twitter competition where you had to guess which players were behind a set of Chris Powell masks.

I won the Twitter version. Will update you on what they do to appease me.
    They'll probably send you a Pinnochio mask signed by Squirrel Face (if you're really lucky they might throw in a beach ball to make up for the delay)
  • Stig said:

Powell Masks on Facebook
    Yep that was it. I won the Twitter version. Will update you on what they do to appease me.
    I've got a Ben Odeje mask. Will that do?
  • Dear Sir.

I wish for all my details to be removed from your database.
    I have supported Charlton Athletic since 1970, including having season tickets at both Selhurst and Upton Parks.

The current ownership of MY club have ruined everything.

I am also disappointed that I was not one of those who have met with the owner, please remind me when and where these meetings took place ?

Please let me know how I go about removing myself from your system / computers ASAP.

I look forward to your response.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello,

Thank you for getting in touch. Just to let you know your email has been received and a member of our team will be in touch as soon as they can.

Best wishes,

Charlton Athletic Football Club.
  • Anyone had an actual response yet?
  • Sponsored links:

• I assumed it meant load of shite to be honest :-/
  • Well you know that these emails won't be answered now that Mel has gone.

Good point

Which is why they've all, hopefully, had the Football League copied into them.