Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New E-mail address for Fans. fans@cafc.co.uk

http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/charlton-new-fan-email-3009161.aspx#cMFhwXQoYuTl7daL.99

Charlton have launched a new email address to update the way supporters can get in touch with the club.

To ensure enquiries get responded to more efficiently, the club have introduced the new email fans@cafc.co.uk for any supporters or members of the local community who have comments, questions or concerns regarding the club.

This new email will compliment, rather than replace, the info@cafc.co.uk email, which will still remain in place for more general admin and information enquiries.

We have also revised and updated the Club Charter (Section 8) to reflect these and other changes relating to fan enquiries, including clearer guidance on our policy about responding to fans. You can find the Club Charter here http://www.cafc.co.uk/fans/charter.aspx.

We ask fans getting in touch to ensure they add fans@cafc.co.uk to their safe senders’ list in their email to avoid any reply messages not coming through.

If any supporter believes that they have not been responded to in prior correspondence with the club in recent months, please email us at fans@cafc.co.uk and we will address this.

The club is also working with a panel of supporters called Target 20K. The group is tasked with maintaining and growing Charlton’s active fanbase by improving fans’ experience.

The group is independent of Charlton and meet with members of the club on a regular basis to propose and discuss ideas with them.

It was Target 20K’s suggestion to make the North Lower the most affordable area of The Valley for 2016/17 season tickets and also have a new Student concessions category.

The group and the club also worked together to introduce the series of free away coach travel deals, as well as the Royal Borough of Greenwich primary school initiative that saw over 3,000 young people and their families attend the recent Cardiff match for free.

Target 20K are interested in receiving constructive suggestions for making your fan experience better so please feel free to get in touch with them at CAFCTarget20k@gmail.com or on Twitter at @CAFCTarget20k.

Comments

• Options
    edited March 2016
    Haha, what a joke - yet another email address that will be unmanaged. Utter laughing stock of a club.

I might drop them a courtesy email asking how target 20k is going.
  • Options
    The football league have had words with them about not following the guidelines set down in the clubs charter. Example: Reply to correspondence when requested to. IMO.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    There were some fans that were super bothered about the club's responsiveness and lack of dialogue. Not sure why those guys wouldn't embrace this.

For me, my beef with the regime is the completely shit managers, shit players, destruction of the entire back-room infrastructure, almost certain relegation etc.

So having a nice chat makes no difference at all to me.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    good news. saves Katrien time from deleting emails sent to her personal inbox
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Brilliant....don't panic Mr Mainwaring!
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    It does make sense for the regime, now they can ignore a whole inbox rather than look through emails for the few they don't want to ignore.

I am not a customer but I am not a fan either, I am a flipping supporter. Being a pedant I will annoy them by continuing to spam their info address (that will show them).
  • Options
    This mailbox has been set up purely for the amusement of Meire. She can now sit privately in her office reading them with that stupid, smug, condescending grin on her face.
  • Options
    Nothing to see here. Move on.
  • Options
    Some poor sod is going to work a lot of overtime answering the deluge of mail. One thing for certain it wont be Pinocchio.
  • Options
    Just emailed them asking for teams to be displayed on the screen. Almost instantly got this reply:

Hello,

Thank you for getting in touch. Just to let you know your email has been received and a member of our team will be in touch as soon as they can.

Best wishes,

Charlton Athletic Football Club.

Charlton Athletic Football Club

Charlton Athletic Supporter Relations
    Charlton Athletic Football Club | The Valley | Floyd Road | London | SE7 8BL
    T: 020 8333 4000
    WebsiteGB tickets2 Facebook button http://featswithtweetsmarketing.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/new-twitter-logo-7-2012.jpg http://ocla.ca/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/YouTube_logo_stacked_white.pnghttp://dotherightthinginc.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/ig-logo.jpg

Registered office: The Valley, Floyd Road, London SE7 8BL
    Registered in England no. 1788466 VAT Registration no. 697 1617 92
  • Options
    Anyone emailing it will get the standard bounced response "This email address is not monitored blah blah"
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    totally ridiculous. This actually makes it more confusing. There already was an email info@, now we have 2. It appears no clear guideline as to which to send any query to.
    Do they think anybody is fooled by this crap?
  • Options
    "fan experience" ...... oh do fuck off
  • Options
    Too little, too late.

Bugger off back to Belgium.
  • Options
    Bizarre. A clunky statement, an opportunity to apologise (surely the first thing to do if you're building bridges) ducked, and looking clear that the regime intend to use T20K to make them look good.

And wholly unnecessary, because info@ was already doing that job and is still in place.

Oh dear oh dear.
  • Options
    Don't panic Pinocchio!!!