Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

PINOCCHIO HAS BEEN BANNED

Dear All

A few of you notice that Pinocchio made an appearance on the windows of the Data Techniques Box on Tuesday night, a small and silent protest in the form of some posters, I have been contacted by the club who have asked that this does not occur again. Fair to say that their explanation was vague and had the undertone of a "we will stop it" threat, certainly no reasonable explanation. I've not provided any assurance and would expect a reaction from the stewards based on Health and Safety or some such nonsense! Seems obvious that a nerve has been touched, shame that!

Comments

• Options
    Riled.
  • Options
    Might be worth contacting the papers.
  • Options
    Put up even more.
  • Options
    Take some photos of the stewards removing the posters for additional publicity against the regime.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not that it's getting to her or anything.....

• Options
    To be fair you are wrong giving them money for the box anyway.
  • Options
    Is the objection Pinocchio in particular or all Disney characters? I would ask for clarification. Assume CARD posters, not being Disney, are fine?
  • Options

Hi Kentred we've had the box for ten years, maybe on more though!

Out of respect on Sunday I've asked all in said box to be dressed in the propa funeral attire for the day!

A"We're off until Duchatelet's off" banner in the window would be pretty good if picked up by the cameras
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Curb_It said:

Dear All

A few of you notice that Pinocchio made an appearance on the windows of the Data Techniques Box on Tuesday night, a small and silent protest in the form of some posters, I have been contacted by the club who have asked that this does not occur again. Fair to say that their explanation was vague and had the undertone of a "we will stop it" threat, certainly no reasonable explanation. I've not provided any assurance and would expect a reaction from the stewards based on Health and Safety or some such nonsense! Seems obvious that a nerve has been touched, shame that!

Rather than funeral attire, I don't suppose you and your guests would dress as Pinocchio? Ive got a few outfits. Large and extra large. 10 of them...
    Are they from your wardrobe or did you get them especially? Might be good if people are going onto the pitch, that a few Pinocchios are amongst them!
  • Options

Dear All

I took picture of the posters Tuesday evening but never put it up here I thought others would.

Made me and others around me smile.
  • Options
    It is unrealistic as none would agree to it but a shame. Imagine you are sat at home watching the game and next thing you see your mate steaming across the pitch dressed as Pinocchio. It would be a moment you'd remember for sure.

From one of the previous protest days Muttley.

• Options
    we couldn't persuade Powell to wear one could we? No probably not ..
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

It is unrealistic as none would agree to it but a shame. Imagine you are sat at home watching the game and next thing you see your mate steaming across the pitch dressed as Pinocchio. It would be a moment you'd remember for sure.

From one of the previous protest days Muttley.

It'd be like something @cabbles had dreamt up for one of his notes to Katrien.
  • Options
    Would be great to get Roland masks made, a little similar to Alan Partridge's mask/ 'leisure accessory' that appeared in knowing me knowing you on TV. You would just need to dress like a tramp to complete the effect.
  • Options

I know it's unrealistic but I would love to see the pitch invaded by an army of Pinocchios!

Anyone got the number of the Hartlepool guys, sure they would oblige :-)